DST Problem

Search This thread

robyr78

Jun 6, 2007
Hi everyone. I had a problem with my Leo this morning. It didn't change the time automatically an hour ahead for Daylight Saving Time but I had to change it manually. I live in Italy and so in the time zone GMT +1.

any issue about that?

thank for replies

Bye

Last edited:

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Same here... and if I set it manually, it resyncs back to the wrong time itself... And I can't even cheat by changing timezone, it's greyed out...

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Do you use the "Internet time sync" option? (Settings tab, Data services, Internet time sync.)

Mine changed automatically for me this morning, which was great since I'd totally forgotten about it and would have gone to work late tomorrow ;)

pepesz

Feb 22, 2008
I had the same problem :(

Do you use the "Internet time sync" option? (Settings tab, Data services, Internet time sync.)

Mine changed automatically for me this morning, which was great since I'd totally forgotten about it and would have gone to work late tomorrow ;)

But this works only when you connect to internet? My Trinity changed time at 2am:) HD2 didn't...

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Yes time sync is on, data connected 24/7... and it insists setting me back to non-DST. My location is even correct... I'll try once more and deactivate if it still does it...

Last edited:

cMMY69

Dec 25, 2009
Mine changed automatically for me too, Internet Time Sync data service was disabled. It's magic (or my service provider).

mamv

Feb 15, 2007
Lisboa
I think it must be a registry key.

My wife is using Freyberry's Rom it it updated fine. If I go to the clock options and pull it back to 00:59:50, when the clock changes to 01:00 I'm getting the info that the clock has been updated to daylight saving time, and the clock goes to 02:00.

I'm using NRG's EnergyRom, and if I do the same procedure nothing happens, the clock stays at 01:00. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

We are both using WM 6.5.5.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

speed200

Oct 8, 2006
Lisbon
Hi think it must be a registry key.

My wife is using Freyberry's Rom it it updated fine. If I go to the clock options and pull it back to 00:59:50, when the clock changes to 01:00 I'm getting the info that the clock has been updated to daylight saving time, and the clock goes to 02:00.

I'm using NRG's EnergyRom, and if I do the same procedure nothing happens, the clock stays at 01:00. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

We are both using WM 6.5.5.

Thanks in advance.

I think this problem is related with Mylocation update´s.
For example, my clock is set to the current Portuguese time but if I enable Mylocation and make a weather update the clock turns back one hour.
This was since last night when hour changes to summer time.
Now I must have mylocation disable...so this is a Google´s problem related with mylocation.:mad:

mcnascimento

Nov 3, 2007
Lisbon
I think this problem is related with Mylocation update´s.
For example, my clock is set to the current Portuguese time but if I enable Mylocation and make a weather update the clock turns back one hour.
This was since last night when hour changes to summer time.
Now I must have mylocation disable...so this is a Google´s problem related with mylocation.:mad:

I´m with the same problem, but I already find the bug, if I have the dummy alarm active, p.e. the one created by g-alarm or cradle alarm, the change doesn't hapen, but if I disable that alarm the change happen fine.

speed200

Oct 8, 2006
Lisbon
Seems to be OK for me now, they probably fixed it during the day...

Not here in Portugal, if I enable mylocation and make a weather update the clock goes back to winter time (-1h)
For example, right now it is 19:07 at Portugal when I enable Mylocation and do a weather update the clock turn back to 18:07.:mad::mad::mad:

TheNinja

Sep 23, 2008
I live in Denmark and had the problem, too. It's working now.

I disabled the location service in Settings, then manually put the clock one hour ahead (so it had the correct time), and turned the location service back on.

Now it keeps the right time, even after updating the weather, receiving SMS messages, and updating the time through gTimeSync (a free program that syncs the time over the Internet).

I think it is working because this morning when I synced with gTimeSync, it would repeatedly tell me that my phone time ("local time") was 1 hour off. After disabling/enabling the location service, it had the right "local time".

I'm not sure whether the disabling/enabling or Google fixing the problem did the magic, but it works for me now (I hope :p)

mamv

Feb 15, 2007
Lisboa
I´m with the same problem, but I already find the bug, if I have the dummy alarm active, p.e. the one created by g-alarm or cradle alarm, the change doesn't hapen, but if I disable that alarm the change happen fine.

Thanks for the info mcnascimento. Just disabled G-Alarm and it worked correctly.

EDIT: It's not a G-Alarm problem, the same thing happens when you use the default Windows Mobile alarm. Can you please confirm?

Last edited:

mcnascimento

Nov 3, 2007
Lisbon
Thanks for the info mcnascimento. Just disabled G-Alarm and it worked correctly.

EDIT: It's not a G-Alarm problem, the same thing happens when you use the default Windows Mobile alarm. Can you please confirm?

Yes, that's right. I already tried with sence, titanium and even without any today plugin, just to test and in fact the thing causing this bug is have some alarm on the Windows Mobile, if you use an app that can define a alarm but doesn't show the information on the WM standart alarm, p.e. spb time, you see that the alarm works and even the time change fine acording to daylight saving.

Know, the only thing is to find a way to solve.

mamv

Feb 15, 2007
Lisboa
Yes, that's right. I already tried with sence, titanium and even without any today plugin, just to test and in fact the thing causing this bug is have some alarm on the Windows Mobile, if you use an app that can define a alarm but doesn't show the information on the WM standart alarm, p.e. spb time, you see that the alarm works and even the time change fine acording to daylight saving.

Know, the only thing is to find a way to solve.

What WM Build are you using? On my wifes Phone she has build 28014 and everything works fine. I'm using build 23549 and I'm having this problem. Maybe it only happens with builds 23***.