Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dyval

I would like to do a clean install with this Rom and start from scratch. I just want to ask if I need to flash boot images of the rom and the custom kernel (faux) again? I know that all of my apps will be deleted. How about my personal stuff like music, pictures, movies etc will it remain if I full wipe and make a clean install?thanks a lot as always.

El Nino1977

Jul 10, 2009
Peterborough
I would like to do a clean install with this Rom and start from scratch. I just want to ask if I need to flash boot images of the rom and the custom kernel (faux) again? I know that all of my apps will be deleted. How about my personal stuff like music, pictures, movies etc will it remain if I full wipe and make a clean install?thanks a lot as always.

No the boot.img will stay and won't be touched, music, pictures etc on sd card will be untouched. Just flash the kernel zip after installation if you have fauxs boot.img on your phone.

Or alternatively flash the ROMs boot.img before the ROM installation, set phone up first then proceed with a different kernel.

Sent from my Coredroid Powered One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: dyval

dyval

No the boot.img will stay and won't be touched, music, pictures etc on sd card will be untouched. Just flash the kernel zip after installation if you have fauxs boot.img on your phone.

Or alternatively flash the ROMs boot.img before the ROM installation, set phone up first then proceed with a different kernel.

Thanks my friend. I'm just making sure that I'll be able to do it smoothly :)

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

My boot image is from CD version 4.0 does it matter?thanks

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
wana remove some apps

hi
i wanted to remove some apps i wont be using from this rom
is it ok to use root explorer and remove them i mean this wont affect the rom usage right :confused:

dyval

hi
i wanted to remove some apps i wont be using from this rom
is it ok to use root explorer and remove them i mean this wont affect the rom usage right :confused:

I suggest that you use Titanium Backup so that you can also backup the system apks before uninstalling it.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

hi thanks again and i did not no that the same can be done with TB is it possible if so how:confused:

Open TB and click backup/restore tab, all apps will be listed and you can uninstall from there.

Doo Doo

May 24, 2008
South Florida
hi thanks again and i did not no that the same can be done with TB is it possible if so how:confused:

all you have to do is scroll through the list of apps you have in TB choose the one you want to uninstall click on it then hit uninstall in the upper right corner thats it just that simple :D

its also good to make backups of the apps that you uninstall to just in case something goes wrong you can restore it ;)

Reactions: haree

quezacotl

Oct 17, 2010
Irvine
www.linwilliam.com
Chinese Phoenetic input not working

Flashed the newest version, everything seems to be working (including My Locations!!! Thanks CoreDroid Team!).

However, the Chinese Traditional Phonetic (注音) input method is not working. The Chinese Traditional Phonetic (注音 Zhu Yin) keyboard can be showed but the keys being pressed are not responding accordingly (except for the intonation buttons, space, and comma buttons). Tried all Chinese input method, only the hand-writting method is working. Please look into this question and update if there're any solution to this.

Again thanks a lot CoreDroid Team!

Last edited:
I just flashed it so... here it is... a Repack of Faux's latest 010b6 for CD v4.4 :)
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/52563657/file.html

Thanks for your stuff :good:

Flashed the newest version, everything seems to be working (including My Locations!!! Thanks CoreDroid Team!).
However, the Chinese Traditional Phonetic (注音) input method is not working. The Chinese Traditional Phonetic (注音 Zhu Yin) keyboard can be showed but the keys being pressed are not responding accordingly (except for the intonation buttons, space, and comma buttons). Tried all Chinese input method, only the hand-writting method is working. Please look into this question and update if there're any solution to this.
Again thanks a lot CoreDroid Team!
We gonna see what we can do;)

he is going too fast ... latest Faux's 010 b7 kernel Repack....:)
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/17827889/file.html

Thanks for your repack :good:

You can always tell when a ROM is almost to perfection. Nobody talks much or asked when the next release is. I think the coredroid tweaks purchase app makes the updates very easy and painless. I enjoy the OTA fixes. Thanks Coredroid Team.
:good::good::good::good::good:

CoreDroid 4.6+Faux-010b7= Super Duper Danger Awesomeness... I've never encountered such Utmost Smooth Fluidity & Adjustability on a smartphone before, such as this.... #TeamCoreDroid

Thanks a lot for your recognition, it's always appreciated by all team :cool: ;) :good:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    No longer supporting CoreDroid...
    No longer on the team ;)
    MOD EDIT: Removed content