[2.3+] [Launcher] ARM launcher [11 feb]

Search This thread

nickmartens1980

Feb 12, 2013
appsi.appsimobile.com
Hello everybody,

I'd like you all to know that I would like to open-source ARM Launcher to continue active development. see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2326240

---
I've just released version 0.99.16 to google play. This release contains the following improvements/features:

• Allow custom icons in the main dock (a lot of requests for this).
  • Fix that an item drop preview will not be shown for the top left corner.
  • Google play compatibility with devices like nexus 7 (thanks to a dear college for letting me borrow his nexus 7).
  • Improved start-up time.
  • Support for quick restart after being killed by android when more resources are needed.
Due to the change of the way the dock works, long pressing the icons it contains now starts a drag. To access the quick popup, long press the drawer icon.

----

Hello all,

I'd like to announce a new Launcher for android. ARM Launcher. The goal is to have a fast, user friendly and highly configurable launcher. All devices with android 2.3.3 and higher are supported.

Features:
  • Support for various theme formats.
  • Sidebar to quickly start your favorite applications, recent applications or search all applications
  • The launcher supports Launcher Pro+ themes and includes the same widgets (except for the gmail widget).
  • Not limited by a 4x4 grid. ARM Launcher has much more grid cells to allow you to layout your screens as you'd like.
  • All widgets can be re-sized.
  • Lots of integrated widgets
  • Long press the default icons (dialer, drawer, contacts) in the bar to easily access your recent messages, recent applications, bookmarks, contacts and recent calls.
  • And much more.

ARM Launcher is not based on the android 4 stock launcher like for example Nova and Apex Launcher are. Instead ARM Launcher has been built manually from scratch using the the android Stock Launcher only as a reference.

If you'd like to try ARM Launcher, please download it from google play. Search for "ARM Launcher" to find it. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please not that this application is a launcher, you'll have to start it using your device's home button.

For screenshots please visit sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots

Thank you!

Last edited:

rkmiks

Jul 1, 2012
I love your launcher , No lag in animations , Light on RAM. Just wonderful . Widgets are beautiful especially the message conversations and calender. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: phat1205

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Re: Announcing ARM Launcher

I would like to call it the new (and definitely improved) LauncherPro. Nice animations, especially when you move icons around! Widget are almost identical to the ones from LauncherPro

I'm using this as launcher from now on.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

ayk33

Oct 16, 2008

I just tried on my one x and it works great, worth trying...
Gonna test it on tf700t also and let you know...
Especially i like resizing the widgets as you wish pixel by pixel...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

You should change the title of the thread to:

And highlight the main differences between Apex, Nova and ARM. Yours is a lot better when it comes to home page customization.

[Q] Would it be possible to integrate something like Unity launcher or Swapps as "recent apps"? I mean like a side toolbar. Swipe gestures are the hype of 2013 :)

kirakun

Jan 23, 2012
Extremely nice launcher, some bugs here and there, but definitely worth. Could you add the "caroussel" swiping effect from LG if possible. And some customizations such as transparency support, local icon use and contol over the app drawer such as removing tabs to show icons only would be very nice. Let me thank you once again sir. Really hats off to u for this awesome launcher. I don't have words to describe the joy of using this launcher.

nickmartens1980

Feb 12, 2013
appsi.appsimobile.com
You should change the title of the thread to:

And highlight the main differences between Apex, Nova and ARM. Yours is a lot better when it comes to home page customization.

[Q] Would it be possible to integrate something like Unity launcher or Swapps as "recent apps"? I mean like a side toolbar. Swipe gestures are the hype of 2013 :)

Thanks for your comments, what kind of gesture were you thinking about? Something like swiping up or down? You can long press the drawer icon and it will show you your recently opened applications.
I am a bit familiar with apex, but not so much with nova. They are a lot like the android stock launcher aren't they?

ayk33

Oct 16, 2008
Why can i not find on my tablet google play?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks for your comments, what kind of gesture were you thinking about? Something like swiping up or down? You can long press the drawer icon and it will show you your recently opened applications.
I am a bit familiar with apex, but not so much with nova. They are a lot like the android stock launcher aren't they?

I'm not talking about the up and down gestures which are less useful with scrolling widgets, imo. I mean the side toolbar which one can expand with a gesture from the side of the screen to the middle, the are a few and work reasonably well: unity launcher, Swapps. But if these Ubuntu phone inspired functions would be part of ARM launcher that would be excellent!

Nova and Apex are practically the same, the stock launcher with a lot of options. And that's exactly what I love about your launcher... This one is really different!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Where is the link to apk?

Here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nickm.enlaunch.launcher

neuropsychosis

Oct 8, 2011
Lpp feel. Pretty good. Let me play with it fr a bit.

Nice. This feels pretty solid. Plenty of options and features. Could give apex and nova some competition.

I has a sig

Last edited:

nickmartens1980

Feb 12, 2013
appsi.appsimobile.com
Why can i not find on my tablet google play?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Well that is pretty weird. It is activated for all devices on Google play.

I'm not talking about the up and down gestures which are less useful with scrolling widgets, imo. I mean the side toolbar which one can expand with a gesture from the side of the screen to the middle, the are a few and work reasonably well: unity launcher, Swapps. But if these Ubuntu phone inspired functions would be part of ARM launcher that would be excellent!

I definitely like the way Swapps looks. I will probably add something similar. Nice suggestion!

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
I'm running it on CM7 Atrix so I don't see why it lags? I think the first goal of any launcher before features, is making it smoother than launcher pro.

Keep it up though, it can be great.

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
Fantastic launcher for beta. Really smooth and fast overall. But no gestures mean no go for me. I will keep an eye on this though. Hopefully see more features in the future.

rossarnie

Jul 31, 2012
Joburg
I really like the look and feel of this launcher. Long-pressing the dock icons is a unique feature.

Transparent widgets would be great.

The app drawer acted up at first. Some icons were missing although the name of the app was visible, and I couldn't open any apps from the drawer. Once I changed the drawer direction and chose the recent apps view, it settled down and began to work properly.

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I'm running it on CM7 Atrix so I don't see why it lags? I think the first goal of any launcher before features, is making it smoother than launcher pro.

Keep it up though, it can be great.

Lag? Really? It works flawlessly here. I think old phones with singlecore processors would be laggy, I guess. But with multicore it should run lagfree.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

I'd like you all to know that I would like to open-source ARM Launcher to continue active development. see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2326240

---
    I've just released version 0.99.16 to google play. This release contains the following improvements/features:

• Allow custom icons in the main dock (a lot of requests for this).
    • Fix that an item drop preview will not be shown for the top left corner.
    • Google play compatibility with devices like nexus 7 (thanks to a dear college for letting me borrow his nexus 7).
    • Improved start-up time.
    • Support for quick restart after being killed by android when more resources are needed.
    Due to the change of the way the dock works, long pressing the icons it contains now starts a drag. To access the quick popup, long press the drawer icon.

----

Hello all,

I'd like to announce a new Launcher for android. ARM Launcher. The goal is to have a fast, user friendly and highly configurable launcher. All devices with android 2.3.3 and higher are supported.

Features:
    • Support for various theme formats.
    • Sidebar to quickly start your favorite applications, recent applications or search all applications
    • The launcher supports Launcher Pro+ themes and includes the same widgets (except for the gmail widget).
    • Not limited by a 4x4 grid. ARM Launcher has much more grid cells to allow you to layout your screens as you'd like.
    • All widgets can be re-sized.
    • Lots of integrated widgets
    • Long press the default icons (dialer, drawer, contacts) in the bar to easily access your recent messages, recent applications, bookmarks, contacts and recent calls.
    • And much more.

ARM Launcher is not based on the android 4 stock launcher like for example Nova and Apex Launcher are. Instead ARM Launcher has been built manually from scratch using the the android Stock Launcher only as a reference.

If you'd like to try ARM Launcher, please download it from google play. Search for "ARM Launcher" to find it. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please not that this application is a launcher, you'll have to start it using your device's home button.

For screenshots please visit sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots

Thank you!
    Hi everybody,

A new version was just release to the play store. This release includes the newly added sidebar. See sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots (sorry can't post links) for screenshots.

The sidebar can be activated using a gesture (swiping right) from the left side of the screen at about 20% of the height of the screen. Through the options the hotspot's size and location can be configured.

As always, all feedback is very welcome!
    I love your launcher , No lag in animations , Light on RAM. Just wonderful . Widgets are beautiful especially the message conversations and calender. Thanks.
    Google play store says it isn't available for my nexus 7 tablet. Could you look into that? I'd really like to try this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD