Android 4.3 arriving for Galaxy S3 in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
The bloatware in TW ROMs is probably 2-3x the size of the entire CM ROM !

One man's bloat is another man's treasure.
Any app you don;t want can be removed or frozen, but really it makes no difference, unused apps cause no issues anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Custom kernels for CM based roms allow you use the Trickster app to tweak Speaker, Headphone Jack, And Microphone recording levels...

Most of the custom TW ROMs include these mods too.

crashercarlton

Feb 5, 2013
Lawrenceville, IL
www.facebook.com
One man's bloat is another man's treasure.
Any app you don;t want can be removed or frozen, but really it makes no difference, unused apps cause no issues anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Most of the custom TW ROMs include these mods too.

While i failed to use the reply too correctly, i was referring to people having issues with cyanogenmod's recording volume

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
HTC one is getting their 4.3 with sense. no love for the S3

This isn't even the same company, HTC uses sense and Samsung uses touchwiz. I wouldn't expect them to roll out at the same time anyway. We'll probably get updated around the same time as the note 2 does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
I wouldn't expect to see official update for Verizon until sometime next year. Good news though is we will probably see a leaked version from Samsung before Christmas so they can help the sales of that new watch they got.

Last edited:

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011
I wouldn't expect to see official update for Verizon until sometime next year. Good news though is we will probably see a leaked version from Samsung before Christmas so they can help the sales of that new watch they got.

I'd really think that Samsung would be pushing all parties involved to get the 4.3 update out there to expand the market for their watch.

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
I'd really think that Samsung would be pushing all parties involved to get the 4.3 update out there to expand the market for their watch.

Samsung, yes. But I think VZW would be inclined to stall on the S3 update as long as possible (which sucks for us). They would probably try to get the S4 updated ASAP and leave it at that.

The reason being, they will use it as an opportunity to try and get people who are interested in the gear to upgrade to either an S4 or Note 3 and lock them into another 2 year contract.

It sucks as I am interested in the gear and have no desire to switch from my S3. But I can see VZW telling me the only way I can have it is to upgrade and sign a new contract especially if they have some sort of holiday promotion going on.

I agree with mikeman45 -- VZW won't give us anything until next year (they want their holiday sales boosted by upgrades). Samsung, however, may "leak" something for people like us in an attempt to boost their sales.

EDIT: I may stand corrected: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/2...tes-for-gs3-gs4-note-2-and-gs4-active-leaked/

Last edited:

K20Z1

Sep 8, 2013
Arizona
From what I understand, The 4.3 update for the Verizon Galaxy S3 should start rolling out on Friday, November 22nd 2013. :D

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
It would be awesome if Verizon got a 4.3 Leak like the At&t Galaxy S 3, Galaxy Note 2 & Galaxy S 4 did.

Last edited:

unhappybirthday

Feb 28, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Will this include the Knox crap that breaks some apps that require root? If so is it easily removable by our TW ROM devs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
Meh, I want an update from Big Red that's got as much bloat that my 4.1.2 ROM from them did. Thank God for AOSP.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy SIII, via Tapatalk.

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Meh, I want an update from Big Red that's got as much bloat that my 4.1.2 ROM from them did. Thank God for AOSP.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy SIII, via Tapatalk.

CM 10 AOSP base has a bunch of bloatware in to too. One man's bloat is another;s treasure. Apps you don't want are easily frozen or removed. Doesn't slow anything down. I like all my Samsung features to work so Touchwiz is the way to go for me.

Back to 4.3 , no interesting changes unless you have a Google watch, so why should we be excited.

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
The wife and I have an S3 thru Big Red, my son has an S3 with Sprint. It will be interesting to ser if he gets the update on 11/6 .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i guess its time to rock this 4.3 :p stock root odex/deodex coming soon :D

gonna see if i can snag this tar :p :cool:
    I really hope you guys know the consequences of taking the official OTA of 4.3
    Your bootloader will be upgraded to a Knox secured one and trying to downgrade it back to an insecure one will brick your phone. This secure boot loader means no custom kernel and no custom recovery until we find a way around it. Root is still possible, but that's it... Only root.
    Just saying. If you guys want custom ROMs, its better to wait
    See here for more info
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47800268
    Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    You will get a Verizon version of 4.3 TW before the holidays whether it comes from Verizon or is leaked by Samsung. 4.2 was already being tested and there is no user difference between 4.2 and 4.3. All the changes are security changes. Samsung needs to sell that new smart watch. Without 4.3 it is a no go on S3, S4 and Note 2. As always do not take the OTA. This is Verizons chance to lock you down like they did the S4. :cool:
    Thread has been cleaned.
    Please keep it respectful and clean.