FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

RIL-FD, help plese

3,307 posts
Thanks Meter: 462
 
Post Reply Email Thread
RIL-FD

anybody knows what this wakelock is?
its always keeping my phone awake for 3 to 5 hours when im not using it
its killing my battery life, because my phone is practically unable to sleep
i tried google but all i get are secril fd results

if anyone knows what this is or how to fix it would be a big help


Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 
 
3rd August 2013, 10:04 PM |#2  
negrobembon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
guess im the only one with this issue

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
13th August 2013, 03:57 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

guess im the only one with this issue

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i do know it, i have been investigating about it without much success.

Mainly i can make it dissapear for half day if i use WIFI, once wifi is enabled the wake lock dissapears when i stop using wifi or do an experiment with it.

but somehow the error comes back once in a while, after a reboot, or after charging it.

no kernel fix it, no Rom fix it, im putting my hopes on CM
The Following User Says Thank You to Asadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asadroid Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 06:42 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

guess im the only one with this issue

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i removed fast dormancy and ril-fd is no more (im on crash rom atm where i found a cooked setting to turn off FD).
The Following User Says Thank You to Asadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asadroid Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 09:21 PM |#5  
negrobembon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
so this might be related to fast dormancy, i dont want to root this phone yet for certain reasons so i might try switching carriers, maybe it'll help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
14th August 2013, 03:25 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

so this might be related to fast dormancy, i dont want to root this phone yet for certain reasons so i might try switching carriers, maybe it'll help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

there are pre-rooted stock roms which are not supposed to increase the flash counter.

And i confirmed it, i toggled FD and the wakelockappeared, changed roms and tried that again, and the WL dissapeared.

But still my battery life sucks though, getting a honami when its out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asadroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asadroid Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 09:02 AM |#7  
negrobembon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadroid

there are pre-rooted stock roms which are not supposed to increase the flash counter.

And i confirmed it, i toggled FD and the wakelockappeared, changed roms and tried that again, and the WL dissapeared.

But still my battery life sucks though, getting a honami when its out.

honami? thats a sony right? is that the Z ultra? if so then, man how can you use such a monster as a phone?
i'd buy the xperia z if i were you

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
15th August 2013, 09:45 AM |#8  
Obagleyfreer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 851
 
More
Nah Honami is Sony new phone. Looks awesome! 20mp camera! Yeeeaaah! I'm also getting this when it's released

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
15th August 2013, 10:05 AM |#9  
negrobembon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer

Nah Honami is Sony new phone. Looks awesome! 20mp camera! Yeeeaaah! I'm also getting this when it's released

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

sounds good, gonna look it up, ive been eyeing tge sony stuff for a while now and was super close to buying a Z, but i may wait for this Honami if its good

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
16th August 2013, 08:46 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

sounds good, gonna look it up, ive been eyeing tge sony stuff for a while now and was super close to buying a Z, but i may wait for this Honami if its good

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

honami is the code name for the i1(naming confirmation pending from sony, will be disclosed at IFA or so we hope).

after A LOT of hate which went throught the phone, i updated the arrow rom to 5.1, deactivated FD, and nothing,i was getting 10% in 3 hours, for some reason i dont remember i rebooted the phone, and the darn phone still have the same charge from yesterday te phone have 24 hours of uptime (taking in account i have done some serious undervolt to the phone). i was getting about an hour per % an a half with hangouts and whatsapp freezed and in NO use or just checking the bat.

Not bad but too much work to have a "regulary updated" phone to work properly.

now i dont even know what will happen when i recharge the phone again what kind of behaivor will have this darn non-optimized phone I'll be reporting what happens.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer

Nah Honami is Sony new phone. Looks awesome! 20mp camera! Yeeeaaah! I'm also getting this when it's released

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app


jumping off the fine i9505? that one should not give problems at all
9th April 2014, 08:22 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadroid

i removed fast dormancy and ril-fd is no more (im on crash rom atm where i found a cooked setting to turn off FD).

Where do I find the setting for Fast Dormancy?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes