Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

Search This thread

Train88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
Heya long time user of your apps and i want to say thank you for the darkness. But I'm having some troubles with the latest Calendar on my Nexus 7 2013 and my Phone. Both are running CM11 and since the last two updates Calendar doesn't work when I flash them. Even if I move the apk to system/app and set the permissions it won't work. Es Explorer is telling me something about a parsing error when I click the apk itself which has also only the default apk icon not the calendar one.
It's not that big of a problem since I could use the version from before but now it started to show the update message in the store.
Try wiping system, cache, and dalvik... Then flash ROM, gapps, and tbo apps again. There's something weird going on, and that's the only way I've fixed it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: CsR0501 and EctoOne
Heya long time user of your apps and i want to say thank you for the darkness. But I'm having some troubles with the latest Calendar on my Nexus 7 2013 and my Phone. Both are running CM11 and since the last two updates Calendar doesn't work when I flash them. Even if I move the apk to system/app and set the permissions it won't work. Es Explorer is telling me something about a parsing error when I click the apk itself which has also only the default apk icon not the calendar one.
It's not that big of a problem since I could use the version from before but now it started to show the update message in the store.

Off topic, why are you on CM11? I'm running CM13 on mine perfectly fine...unless there's a bug I'm ignoring and not noticing? Lol

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Thanls for keeping us up to date TBO...one question. You guys still doin Google app? Not asking ETA...please dont think that. Lol

No just hasn't been worth it, barely anything changed to do 6 zips each time so I'm taking a break a few updates. I had planned on this last update but then Google updated yet again. Lol so I'll "Try" this latest version hoping they don't update again. Lol

zilexa

Sep 14, 2010
Calendar issue even after a full wipe, workaround available

To everyone with the Calendar issues and everyone who is trying to figure it out:

I have a HTC One M7 Google Play Edition (Android 5.1) and yesterday I did a full wipe and installed the latest version of GPE rom. I didn't know about the Calendar issue, I did the wipe for other reasons.
Calendar was not installed so I didn't had to remove it, I used the latest TBO app to download the latest Clear version. After flashing it (together with 7 other TBO apps), it did not appear on my phone.
All the other apps were working.
Next step: I simply installed Calendar from Play Store (because I actually have a high need for Calendar on a daily or even hourly basis, I use it for work as well). Unfortunately, this gave me Calendar but NO WIDGET ! I tried rebooting and reinstalling from the Store. No change. I uninstalled, tried TBO again, Black and Clear. No Calendar. Eventually I used ES File Explorer Classic to find all appearances of "Calendar". I only removed the actual APK I could find. The other stuff ES found seemed to be "helper" services, I didn't dare to remove those. I rebooted twice and tried TBO again: no Calendar.

How I solved it: I installed the version from October 4th, got it from the Resources page on the TBO homepage. Works flawlessly:
Clear version from Oct 4: http://teamblackedout.com/Transparent/ClearGoogleCalendar5.6-133922642-LP-MM.zip
Black version from Oct 4: http://teamblackedout.com/BlackedOut/BlackGoogleCalendar5.6-133922642-LP-MM.zip

So there is definitely something different with the 28-Oct version causing it not to work on some systems, even after a full wipe. But for me the Oct-4 version will do. I don't really update that often anyway.

Also, when installing Clear Google Calendar for Android MM.

Flashed black Google Calendar lp mm over the last one. Now it doesn't show up as an installed app anymore. ?

Anyone having an issue installing today's Google calendar (latest WETA ROM)? Had no issues with previous one.

Edit: restored 5.5.2, no issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Same here in Google calendar! [emoji53]
Please, any solution? [emoji4]

Enviado desde mi Moto X mediante Tapatalk

No it just means that if you want to uninstall the stock version of Calendar it's not located in the same place as before (along with other Google Apps). It's not the Rom that's changed it's Gapps.

My suggestion of wiping system etc is what works for me - Unless someone posts a better idea...

And of course we can still Flash the TBO Calendar - That's what you see in my previous post ;)

Sent from my SM-N910W8

What does that mean? Can we not install calendar anymore? Playstore works flawless. Something must have changed 2 updates back there was no problem on the same rom.

Same problem with calendar. On slimrom (MM) and on Oxygen OS (MM) with the current and the previous version. The build before that was flawless. I reverted back to that.

I'm not sure, what is wrong, but I cannot get the calendar app to work. I have downloaded it a good few times thinking I had a bad download. I flash it in recovery and it works no problem. However when I reboot there is no app in the app drawer. I have checked system/app/calendargoogle and it is present with the correct permissions.

I have deleted it and pushed the.aok file to the/system partition, set the permissions and rebooted and the app still isn't there?

Could anyone let me know what is wrong?. I am in BrokenOs 6.01 on a 1+1 !

Thanks guys

#whiteuimustdie

buh04

Oct 22, 2013
Bryansk
How I solved it: I installed the version from October 4th

I confirm that the problem with the last two versions of Clear GoogleCalendar. Version of October 04, is set normally.
In a clean installation of the last two versions Clear GoogleCalendar it is not in the list of applications, and it does not run.
When you install after the installation of Google Play and wipe cache - mod does not work, app background - white...
Android 6.0 on Umi Touch.

Reactions: racecane

CsR0501

Oct 7, 2013
Lima
Try wiping system, cache, and dalvik... Then flash ROM, gapps, and tbo apps again. There's something weird going on, and that's the only way I've fixed it

Not work here [emoji29]
I confirm that the problem with the last two versions of Clear GoogleCalendar. Version of October 04, is set normally.
In a clean installation of the last two versions Clear GoogleCalendar it is not in the list of applications, and it does not run.
When you install after the installation of Google Play and wipe cache - mod does not work, app background - white...
+1

CM13 - Nano Gapps (open Gapps) - moto x 2013 (ghost)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Ok guys. Now you have my attention.

The mods have had to clean this thread time and time again. This needs to stop. So here is what is gonna happen.

1. Respect will be given
2. Arguing stops
3. People will follow directions
If the devs say Xposed is not supported then it doesnt matter what anyone else says. Remove Xposed and then report back.

If these are not followed then I hope everyone knows what comes next. IF you dont then you better ask somebody.

Train88

Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
All these reports weren't necessary... I knew there was a problem and was working on it. And I just got confirmation from a tester that I fixed it. Hold tight
To everyone with the Calendar issues and everyone who is trying to figure it out:

I have a HTC One M7 Google Play Edition (Android 5.1) and yesterday I did a full wipe and installed the latest version of GPE rom. I didn't know about the Calendar issue, I did the wipe for other reasons.
Calendar was not installed so I didn't had to remove it, I used the latest TBO app to download the latest Clear version. After flashing it (together with 7 other TBO apps), it did not appear on my phone.
All the other apps were working.
Next step: I simply installed Calendar from Play Store (because I actually have a high need for Calendar on a daily or even hourly basis, I use it for work as well). Unfortunately, this gave me Calendar but NO WIDGET ! I tried rebooting and reinstalling from the Store. No change. I uninstalled, tried TBO again, Black and Clear. No Calendar. Eventually I used ES File Explorer Classic to find all appearances of "Calendar". I only removed the actual APK I could find. The other stuff ES found seemed to be "helper" services, I didn't dare to remove those. I rebooted twice and tried TBO again: no Calendar.

How I solved it: I installed the version from October 4th, got it from the Resources page on the TBO homepage. Works flawlessly:
Clear version from Oct 4: http://teamblackedout.com/Transparent/ClearGoogleCalendar5.6-133922642-LP-MM.zip
Black version from Oct 4: http://teamblackedout.com/BlackedOut/BlackGoogleCalendar5.6-133922642-LP-MM.zip

So there is definitely something different with the 28-Oct version causing it not to work on some systems, even after a full wipe. But for me the Oct-4 version will do. I don't really update that often anyway.

Not work here [emoji29]

+1

CM13 - Nano Gapps (open Gapps) - moto x 2013 (ghost)

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
If these are not followed then I hope everyone knows what comes next. IF you dont then you better ask somebody.

I couldn't wait. At no point is anyone to physically threaten someone on this forum.

Every time I see someone from my city, I send them a PM introducing myself and let them know that if they ever need help to let me know and I'll show them how in person. I don't threaten to beat their ass.

Grow up. This isn't high school.

Last edited:

Karpfenhai

Nov 25, 2011
Leipzig
All these reports weren't necessary... I knew there was a problem and was working on it. And I just got confirmation from a tester that I fixed it. Hold tight

Hey there, I don't wanna feed the discussion but here's what happened to me with calendar...

The last 2 tbo version are working again on miui 8 (6.0.1) but the ones starting in August till Oct. 4th have produced a permission issue. Not a deal breaker, after each reboot or cleaning cache I needed to grant certain permissions again.

The last 2 didn't have that issue.

Why I'm telling this? I hope the obviously only affecting myself ?? Issue will not be reintroduced somehow, so @Train88 please have that in mind maybe.

Do you want me to point it out if happens again?

Regards.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Train88

Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
Hey there, I don't wanna feed the discussion but here's what happened to me with calendar...

The last 2 tbo version are working again on miui 8 (6.0.1) but the ones starting in August till Oct. 4th have produced a permission issue. Not a deal breaker, after each reboot or cleaning cache I needed to grant certain permissions again.

The last 2 didn't have that issue.

Why I'm telling this? I hope the obviously only affecting myself ?? Issue will not be reintroduced somehow, so @Train88 please have that in mind maybe.

Do you want me to point it out if happens again?

Regards.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
I'm not 100% certain, but doesn't the new permission system require you to grant them after every update? I can't remember.
Another reason could be due to how I'm being forced to rebuild Calendar. That time frame sounds about right for when I had to change my procedure just to get Calendar to build. Just like recently - I had to change stuff up again, and have separate Nougat builds. It's a pain

#blameGoogle

Last edited:

Thebear j koss

I couldn't wait. At no point is anyone to physically threaten someone on this forum.

Every time I see someone from my city, I send them a PM introducing myself and let them know that if they ever need help to let me know and I'll show them how in person. I don't threaten to beat their ass.

Grow up. This isn't high school.
Come on Woody, we all know you are secretly a tough guy. Lol. I will be the 1st to admit i have a quick temper and very little patience when someone i know on a level outside of just developer and user, gets attacked on his own thread. Been a user, supporter, tester, and friend to all the TBO guys for too long to stand by and just let things play out. I have a bad habit of letting emotions get the better of me, when i think i need to do or say something. Again i apologize, being a loong time xda member and RC, i should act better and more responsibly. Plus i know all the guys on TBO can handle things themselves, and always have the support of many longtime mods here on xda. Sometimes, users like myself take things personally when a TBO member or any long time thread subscriber and user gets attacked. Thanks to all the xda mods for always being there to clear things up and not have anything go from bad to worse.

Doing 120 plowin over mail boxes, radar detector to tell me where the cops is.

Train88

Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
I'm taking this opportunity to point this out:

After all the Calendar issues, now you guys see why we have our test system in place, and why it takes a while for us to do updates sometimes. I honestly have been rushing to upload my updates same day, or the morning after, I finish them. I haven't let things be thoroughly tested, and only look for the most common/obvious bugs myself, before I decide to push it. I don't like having to fix stuff, so I will be slowing it down a bit in the future. Lol

Train

cerebralzulu

Oct 14, 2008
Atlanta
I'm taking this opportunity to point this out:

After all the Calendar issues, now you guys see why we have our test system in place, and why it takes a while for us to do updates sometimes. I honestly have been rushing to upload my updates same day, or the morning after, I finish them. I haven't let things be thoroughly tested, and only look for the most common/obvious bugs myself, before I decide to push it. I don't like having to fix stuff, so I will be slowing it down a bit in the future. Lol

Train

Either way you do it , your work is appreciated Train. The finished result is what makes these phones appealing to all of us. Thanks for all you and the team do for us!

Reactions: Train88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ForumTBOmain.jpg

Click the quote above to access the site

BEFORE YOU START READ THIS:

Also located in the updater Help and Guide section!
    Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!

Signed Install:
    Before you do anything uninstall all stock versions that you normally get from the playstore!
    You cannot install our apps with the stock app installed anywhere!

-Click on the DOWN arrow in the top right hand corner
    -You will see the download in progress
    -Then a prompt to install the apk after the download completes
    -Enjoy the Themed apps

Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!
    Flash in Recovery:
    You must uninstall updates from the playstore before flashing the zip...

-click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner
    -you will see the download in progress
    -then a prompt to reboot in to recovery to flash zip once download completes
    You will still need to go to the "downloads" folder to flash manually!

Click the TBO icon to get the updater app

OR

CLICK HERE

Team Black Out is a team of both veteran app "Inverters" and new-comers that want to learn. With over A lot of popular Blacked Out and Transparent Android apps in our list, we are sure to not only amaze you but to guarantee once you use our Themed Apps you'll Black Out for a while.. The Team isn't doing ROMS though. We are simply combining the great minds of some of the Best in the Business when it comes to making apps Blacked Out or Transparent. We have only a few team members now because some are planning on being lightly active, so if you're already into doing Blacked Out apps, hit us up if you wanna join. We don't want to train people from the ground up but you don't have to be the best either. We will are hosting guides on this site to help walk people through the process of Inverted Apps...

T-BOTS.png

T-BOTs are the Team Black Out Testers. When we update an app or start a new one from scratch, we can put anywhere from 20 minutes to 10 hours into 1 app for all of you and then testing that app can take 10-60 minutes and we don't use every app we Black Out so we're bound to miss some hidden things. Well, this is where our Loyal T-BOTs come into play. Once we update an app they get busy looking for issues for us. This gives us more time to be able to update more apps, start new apps or just have some non-android fun. So make sure you thank the T-BOTs when you get blown away from how amazing these apps are!

Obviously this style is the most popular. We don't theme our apps with images but rather Invert the Colors so you'll have Dark backgrounds and Light texts. This is very popular and has become something that many avid Android users have come to thoroughly enjoy so we will do our best to give you more of what you love!

Transparent.png

Transparent apps have become more popular the last year or so and some members of the Team have been offering them for a while now. Our transparent series of apps are called Clear Apps. Being able to see your wallpaper while you're using your favorite apps is just cool! We'll be offering our own wallpapers soon for you to use!

Ok kids... click on "Welcome to the Dark Side" at the top and it will take you to our official Team Black Out website! All downloads are hosted there only to keep track of everything. If you've used any of our apps in the past in your Aroma installers or in your ROM, you can still use them. Link back to our SITE wherever you post our content tho. Do not post something in a different forum using our work and then PM us to let us know and hope it's ok with us.... It isn't. Ask first and we'll work with you but ask for forgiveness and we have a problem.

Thanks
    TBO
    GO AND GET 'EM!
    6a2f1a3a65eb6371ac3e70f317d45b39.jpg
    1c1b29b4c54f21e8691ce03ae15372b7.jpg
    7267dd4fa1dd241c9f3b84a94a7b9345.jpg
    abc17946783205a8d5041b97f79beae8.jpg

Saving eyes from bleeding, one app at a time.
    Attention:

TBO will do one more nice size batch of updates then be back next year after holiday break. The thread will be closed meanwhile. Thank you and happy holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    So much love in the updater and a little surprise appearance....pictures>words..have a look:

3a943b4bc2956d4ec11d22a418f326fe.jpg
    4a2368cd6f3a08b038ef937854d3c1b4.jpg
    fe1c19e545354fbdacbbfb56574b2478.jpg
    c325c3db6ee71b9f9a148bb40ef891e6.jpg
    eb25e178acbdd3bbb32640096e21900c.jpg
    b8cab62f31cc80c044ba488a8afc2cb9.jpg
    505779a5cbab6dc1196909e4200d9df4.jpg
    f1cda090db6c4ca509d81a20e0aeca0e.jpg

OP and site updated to v6.2 New updater!

Many updates for the holidays we will close the thread tomorrow night to get update issues fixed if any reported. This is the LAST update until the New year but I will add some wallpapers in the next few days...keep an eye out!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM TEAMBLACKOUT

DJ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk