[FIRMWARE]LG Optimus 7 E900 Original ROM's[DOWNLOAD]

Search This thread

Vgeron

Sep 20, 2009
I hope that question is not toooooo stupid...

When I reflash the ROM, does that affect my data/apps/settings currently on my phone? Normally I woul dsay: YES, but on the other hand,... the data is stored on the microSD card (...)

Thanks!

T

the.rider1290

FIRST: on the first boot the flash and internal memory are combined into an unique filesystem, so YES, you will lose ALL your datas.

SECOND: there is a different name in the two DDL's, one is for E900, other E900H, check your model under the battery.

Vgeron

Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for this wonderful thread. My phone (Vodafone Germany brand with Orange Austria SIM Card) ist now free. Many, many thx!

And of course,... Update from Microsoft received within seconds. I will never understand the provider branding story,...

FunkTrooper

Nov 30, 2009
Does this SIM unlock the phone?

Hi guys.

I'm considering purchasing an Optimus 7. It's much cheaper to buy it locked to Vodafone Ireland (€369) than to buy it SIM free (~€460). However, I *really* don't want to switch to Vodafone!

Will flashing the Europe Open firmware unlock my phone so that I can use a SIM card from any network inside it?

EDIT: I'm having some trouble with DepositFiles. They're quite notoriously bad anyway. Does anyone who has the Europe Open firmware fancy uploading to somewhere lovely and friendly like MultiUpload? That'd be doing a great service to all Optimus 7 owners :) I'd give you cake. If I could!

Last edited:

Neil__C

Mar 27, 2005
Hi,

I had Optimus 7 on Vodafone UK and did what you are proposing. After some teething problems getting it to work, it flashed perfectly. I can use any sim card and mms works as advertised. I got the recent OS update really quickly and I think this may prove to be an advantage of an Open OS - no carrier to block things! It may also pay off if they ever get round to enabling tethering.

All in all, a scary process but I'm delighted with the outcome.

Regards

FunkTrooper

Nov 30, 2009
So it definitely does unlock the phone, allowing it to run on any network?

So I can buy it from Vodafone and stick in my Meteor SIM card after this flashing process?

FunkTrooper

Nov 30, 2009
So flashing Europe Open does also network/SIM unlock the phone... interesting.

That means that the firmware you flash controls which network(s) the phone is allowed to be used on. This raises some questions.

-Does flashing a firmware from a different country lock your phone to a network in that country, thus preventing you from using the phone on the network you bought it for? (I know this isn't something you'd want to do; I'm just wondering about how this all works from a technical point of view)

-If the firmware determines the allowed networks, then does performing a factory reset on a phone which has been unlocked but which has a manufacturer-branded firmware re-lock the phone?

T

the.rider1290

OK it seems that I wrote you too quickly without thinking

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820763&highlight=simlock

these guys are unlocking their phones with the aid of unlocking codes, so maybe simlock is implemented on a different hardware device on the phone...

Before wasting money in buying an unlocking code: try to flash, if the phone is still sim-locked go for the code.

I flashed my phone a zillion time from a FW on another, the procedure is simple and safe.

FunkTrooper

Nov 30, 2009
What's your experience with the locking? Did you get your phone locked to a certain network? After flashing, is it still locked?

T

the.rider1290

hopefully I never bought a sim-locked phone, but several branded one and I everytime flashed everyphone I ever had, never burnt one.

FunkTrooper

Nov 30, 2009
I see, so you've managed to buy a phone which was not locked to any network, but it did have the branding of a certain network. I didn't know you could even get phones in that condition...