Atrix HD officaly getting kitkat

Search This thread

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
Us getting 4.4 is great news and all, just DON'T INSTALL IT. We'll likely lose our unlocked bootloader if we do. Best to wait until a rom is made from the update, or wait until the Dev Team implements the updated kernel and libs into our sources. I just hope that we'll have a unified 3.4 kernel with the Ultra/X series.

If you install this and post about how you lost your unlocked bootloader, we're all gonna laugh at you.

You know me. I'll laugh them right off of here lol.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
As an owner of 9 forums currently and have owned over 30 forums and 200 blogs and websites I can take side of the owner of this forum that im most certain he will agreed with me that these types of comments disgrace anyone. Why will you guys make fun of someone that is just trying their options on hand. All of you felt STUPID at many points in you noob forum and testing careers. But will never accepted as you guys seen to be f******* perfect and the first excuse will be "ohhh i have google my problems and questions even when google didnt existed." Lames, If you guys which respect from noobs then show respect to them. Ohhh i almost forgot that those noobs are the ones that gratitude the developers work and even are the ones that send you a donation after doing something nice to their likes. This F***** ego sh!t of im better and noobs are STUPID needs to stop. I have never seen this happening in other forums like Samsung and HTC forums i also participate. This is just a disgrace to a community board that in first place was made for the purpose of helping and working as a group.

If you guys really wants to point out not to upgrade from an update coming from the manufacturers or providers then make a thread and ask for sticky it and advise that if they dont follow advices you guys will laught.

Cmon, noobies at most dont flash a rom to be an flashoholic they just flash to have a better phone then what they had from factory. Doesnt mean that will spend day in and out like most of us do reading every dawn post...
And yes true is that im no one but my developing and hacking came from other hobbies and trustme in donations alone i had a living until got served. But that is a different story.
I had always thought that helping always get its rewards but cmon laughing and making fun of other for somthing they are not expertise you think it will get you there? Can we all just get alone and just be helpful? If not then forums is just not for you

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
As an owner of 9 forums currently and have owned over 30 forums and 200 blogs and websites I can take side of the owner of this forum that im most certain he will agreed with me that these types of comments disgrace anyone. Why will you guys make fun of someone that is just trying their options on hand. All of you felt STUPID at many points in you noob forum and testing careers. But will never accepted as you guys seen to be f******* perfect and the first excuse will be "ohhh i have google my problems and questions even when google didnt existed." Lames, If you guys which respect from noobs then show respect to them. Ohhh i almost forgot that those noobs are the ones that gratitude the developers work and even are the ones that send you a donation after doing something nice to their likes. This F***** ego sh!t of im better and noobs are STUPID needs to stop. I have never seen this happening in other forums like Samsung and HTC forums i also participate. This is just a disgrace to a community board that in first place was made for the purpose of helping and working as a group.

If you guys really wants to point out not to upgrade from an update coming from the manufacturers or providers then make a thread and ask for sticky it and advise that if they dont follow advices you guys will laught.

Cmon, noobies at most dont flash a rom to be an flashoholic they just flash to have a better phone then what they had from factory. Doesnt mean that will spend day in and out like most of us do reading every dawn post...
And yes true is that im no one but my developing and hacking came from other hobbies and trustme in donations alone i had a living until got served. But that is a different story.
I had always thought that helping always get its rewards but cmon laughing and making fun of other for somthing they are not expertise you think it will get you there? Can we all just get alone and just be helpful? If not then forums is just not for you

tl:dr version
"Play nice and don't mock the ones who updated from the upcoming OTA. Noobs want new stuff too, and will most likely update through that method. This is disgraceful to the community and you should feel bad. Helping has its rewards and mocking doesn't. Either help out or get out."

or something like that... I also had the urge to quote that...
I was going to jump on the whole, "laugh at the noobs who updated" bandwagon, but then I remembered the pains of when I updated to the 4.1 OTA...

53 65 6e 74 20 66 72 6f 6d 20 6d 79 20 41 74 72 69 78 20 48 44 20 75 73 69 6e 67 20 74 61 70 61 74 61 6c 6b 2e 2e 2e

Last edited:

Blackest Pain

May 27, 2013
Trust me. I'm not someone who takes anything to serious. (I'm only a junior in highschool lol) I wouldn't ever really laugh someone out of here. I'm just barely past the "noob" title. I'm definitely not a dev but I'd definitely try my best to point someone asking for help in the right direction.

Being on the varsity football team for the last two yrs. I just saw this as a joking rite of passage or sonething. Same as being forced to get water or whatever.... This was (in my opinion) meant as a joke. Although... Skeevydude does give plenty of warning about stupid questions lol. Sorry if I offended anyone...

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gabo_e30

Jan 30, 2012
I have a nexus4. Just might come back to my old AtrixHD. This is Awesome!:highfive::highfive: I miss my LED screen

That is exactly what I did. Nexus 4 screen is not as beautiful as my atrix HD screen. I saw a friends atrix the other day and boy is that screen beautiful...

Got a 32gb SD card and a eb40. And now plus Kit Kat its gonna be awesome.

My nexus 4 still hasn't gotten the OTA for Kit Kat... Very dissapointed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Damn, didn't think an off-hand comment would start an ethics towards noobs discussion.

//the filter is why I manually blur my cuss words ya fuc*ers :p

Reactions: deeje00

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Damn, didn't think an off-hand comment would start an ethics towards noobs discussion.

//the filter is why I manually blur my cuss words ya fuc*ers :p

It's the internet; anything can start from an off-hand comment.
To be honest though, it ended much faster than I thought.
Just goes to show how much of a close-knit community these forums are.

On a related note, you think there's the off chance that our bootloaders won't be locked by the update?
Just what if the update won't affect the bootloader... That'd be great.

53 65 6e 74 20 66 72 6f 6d 20 6d 79 20 41 74 72 69 78 20 48 44 20 75 73 69 6e 67 20 74 61 70 61 74 61 6c 6b 2e 2e 2e

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
It's the internet; anything can start from an off-hand comment.
To be honest though, it ended much faster than I thought.
Just goes to show how much of a close-knit community these forums are.

On a related note, you think there's the off chance that our bootloaders won't be locked by the update?
Just what if the update won't affect the bootloader... That'd be great.

I'd be very surprised if it left us unlocked or with the ability to unlock on the website...basing this on what Moto's done in the past and the RAZR HD's last update. I'm just gonna assume that it'll lock us down and play it safe -- it's just stupid to assume otherwise.

Durteedee

Nov 6, 2013
detroit
plus.google.com
I'd be very surprised if it left us unlocked or with the ability to unlock on the website...basing this on what Moto's done in the past and the RAZR HD's last update. I'm just gonna assume that it'll lock us down and play it safe -- it's just stupid to assume otherwise.

I have to agree even though Motorola has become"dev friendly" I just wonder how far that spreads

Reactions: dalbig

viera_ritz

May 6, 2010
Texas
I find the concept of Kit Kat on the Atrix absolutely amazing. As a guy who very much did enjoy the stock experience of the Atrix from when I first got it, I probably wouldn't mind trying it out. If it locks my bootloader again well hell, it sucks but I know everyone on this forum will come to my aid and in time find another unlock method. Is there a chance it could be horrible? yes, do I really care? Nope. That being said I'm more than happy to be a guinea pig when it comes to ROMs and other such fun stuff.

Reactions: dalbig

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
If it locks my bootloader again well hell, it sucks but I know everyone on this forum will come to my aid and in time find another unlock method.

No...Just no. If we become locked down, nobody will come to your aid and find a new bootloader unlock method. See the latest RAZR HD JB update -- nobody has come to their aid. Dan, the dude who unlocked us in the first place, has moved on to other things and likely won't be coming back to reunlock us. We were only able to be unlocked because this was Motorola's first go on this platform and didn't have everything locked down 100% -- that just isn't the case these days (you'd see the X/Ultra having unlock methods if this was the case).

What'll happen is eventually someone will figure out how to root the damn thing again, Hashcode will update SafeStrap, and you'll be stuck using SSR and stock based roms. 6-7 months down the line when we're all running KK4.5 you'll wish you had a little patience.

The only thing we can do is hope that Moto has changed their bootloader unlock policies. With the G being a fully unlocked phone from the get go, there's always the chance that they could rethink some things and unlock us with the KK update, but that's very doubtful and just wishful thinking.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
The Mexicans are coming!

So wondering will the MX get updated as well? I am assuming yea, since it's hardware not carrier dependent? I'm guessing it will.

So who's getting it first MX retail or AT&T?

XDA ofc noob! ah ok, looking forward to it.

Hopefully stock. Clean like MX would be nice. (I enjoy 4.1.2MX lots)

I guess I'll flash some 4.4 to see what's coming.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

No...Just no. If we become locked down, nobody will come to your aid and find a new bootloader unlock method. See the latest RAZR HD JB update -- nobody has come to their aid. Dan, the dude who unlocked us in the first place, has moved on to other things and likely won't be coming back to reunlock us. We were only able to be unlocked because this was Motorola's first go on this platform and didn't have everything locked down 100% -- that just isn't the case these days (you'd see the X/Ultra having unlock methods if this was the case).

What'll happen is eventually someone will figure out how to root the damn thing again, Hashcode will update SafeStrap, and you'll be stuck using SSR and stock based roms. 6-7 months down the line when we're all running KK4.5 you'll wish you had a little patience.

The only thing we can do is hope that Moto has changed their bootloader unlock policies. With the G being a fully unlocked phone from the get go, there's always the chance that they could rethink some things and unlock us with the KK update, but that's very doubtful and just wishful thinking.

Is it not a blown fuse?

And on that note, my bootloader unlocked using djrbliss method had that warning screen, until I flashed full MX retail. Now it just boots with the Motorola logo like nothing happened, although it still shows bootloader unlocked

viera_ritz

May 6, 2010
Texas
well then if root is all we can get that's perfectly fine. I just have more faith in you guys then to just give up because a new version comes out and the bootloader re-locks itself. I've done fine with stock before I can do it again. Who knows maybe Moto will throw us a bone and keep the bootloader unlocked.

viera_ritz

May 6, 2010
Texas
I do like to try new ROMs but at the same time since I got the bootloader unlock and root I've been using HoloBlur which in it's own way is stock. I've not tried anything other than that because it's been so stable for me. Now if someone makes say a HoloBlur style KitKat ROM that would be epic. I'll wait because I'm patient and I'll hope for massively awesome KitKat ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Us getting 4.4 is great news and all, just DON'T INSTALL IT. We'll likely lose our unlocked bootloader if we do. Best to wait until a rom is made from the update, or wait until the Dev Team implements the updated kernel and libs into our sources. I just hope that we'll have a unified 3.4 kernel with the Ultra/X series.

If you install this and post about how you lost your unlocked bootloader, we're all gonna laugh at you.
    Today I saw on the xda RAZR m forum that they were going to get KitKat and that I checked for the atrix HD and yes we are getting KitKat link here https://motorola-global-portal.cust...JmZU9fX0xGbCIsInNlc3Npb25JRCI6ImZleV9fTEZsIn0.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    BREAKING NEWS

NEW UPDATE RECIEVED FROM ATT REGARDING THIS UPDATE. PLEASE READ.

This msg was just sent to me from ATT customer care.

"Sorry for the delay, I was reaching out to some people I know in the testing department. They finally replied to me and said that they are still testing the kitkat and it might not come out not because of the bugs but because they are not sure if lollipop will get pushed out or not once they know if it will get lollipop they will either green light the kitkat or they will skip it and go with lollipop. Sorry I do not have any dates because the details change weekly."

Update - Motorola has been informed of ATT's latest position on the update. No official comment on this matter at this time.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
    Someone on RAZR HD thread is friends with David (let's just say circles) and I have asked him to ask David about the atrix HD and responded with:
    "Atrix HD update is making good progress. Unfortunately, I have no new information to provide you with a specific timeline as the update is currently in an earlier stage of testing. VZW 2012 Razr line is imminent. Possible roll-outs as early as the next two weeks as carrier lab testing is wrapping up its final stages of green lighting the update. I'll continue to update the community when more information becomes available for the Atrix HD update."

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
    here is Andriod Lollipop http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3477700786 unofficial CM12

thank for mijuu