[ROM] [20/08] Pre-rooted Stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) [Optional Mods]

Search This thread
Coming from rooted Froyo: Which do i have to flash first? Which way do i have to go?
  1. Flashing new radio and booting into Froyo, then install Gingerbread?
  2. Flashing Gingerbread, right after that the radio and then the first boot?
  3. Flashing radio, right after that the Gingerbread ROM and then the first boot?

Thanks in advance!

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
Coming from rooted Froyo: Which do i have to flash first? Which way do i have to go?
  1. Flashing new radio and booting into Froyo, then install Gingerbread?
  2. Flashing Gingerbread, right after that the radio and then the first boot?
  3. Flashing radio, right after that the Gingerbread ROM and then the first boot?

Thanks in advance!

You can flash the radio and rom at the same time in recovery. The radio won't actually be flashed until you reboot from recovery, before the ROM boots up.

tanclo

GTalk AV

Thank you teppic for taking the time to release this ROM

Is there anyone who managed to install the new GTalk with AV calling? What is the best procedure for doing that?

I am assuming this rom is not deodexed..?

Thanks a lot teppic74 for this ROM.

I'm using your Froyo ROM since months and will use this Gingerbread ROM as soon as the powersaving modpack will be available.

One mod that could be very useful is DATA2SD : [DEV][DATA2SD] More space (and more I/O) for your Desire (Updated/EXT4/Flashable ZIP). I'm using it with success on your Froyo rom.

can you tell me your procedure for doing that on the froyo rom please..
I'm assuming 'no a2sd killer needed
then which D2SD Installer did you use?
Thanks in anticipation
with regards
tanclo

alexcavaco

Aug 21, 2008
Even if one doesn't add A2SD to this ROM, the stock "Move to SD" option is much better than on Froyo.

For my case, I don't think I'll be needing it soon. I've got 56 user apps on the SD card, and still have 23 MB free on internal memory, which was not possible in Froyo with stock A2SD.

teppic74

Aug 5, 2010
London
I'll add the A2SD+ mod as soon as possible. You can probably just flash the one from my froyo ROM, since support for it is already built into this ROM.

mug318ca

Jun 18, 2009
I just want to be clear on the install process. After installing the radio and ROM, you then reboot from recovery. It's at this time that the phone may boot/reboot a couple of times because the radio was updated. Also, there is no need to perform a wipe of the phone, and SD card, as the install of this ROM will do that for me - correct?

Also, if I want to install the update apps zip, do I do that before the 1st boot or after?

Last edited:

FelixofMars

Aug 11, 2010
Cambridge
Thanks Teppic, that is great feels fast. One thing can you add a mod to disable the boot sounds. I nearly fell over in shock when it came on. :p

teppic74

Aug 5, 2010
London
I just want to be clear on the install process. After installing the radio and ROM, you then reboot from recovery. It's at this time that the phone may boot/reboot a couple of times because the radio was updated. Also, there is no need to perform a wipe of the phone, and SD card, as the install of this ROM will do that for me - correct?

Also, if I want to install the update apps zip, do I do that before the 1st boot or after?

When you select to reboot from recovery, the phone will reboot, flash the radio and reboot a couple of times before your ROM starts. The ROM will automatically wipe the phone, yes.

You can update the apps before booting the first time if you want to.

Reactions: mug318ca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those familiar with my pre-rooted stock Froyo ROM, this is the first release of HTC's official HTC Desire Gingerbread ROM. As before, the base ROM is entirely stock, but with the following minimal changes:

• Added root (including busybox)
    • Superuser App - 2.3.6.3 (ChainsDD)
    • init.d support

This ROM requires a full wipe to install. There is no option here - the ROM will automatically wipe your phone's storage (excluding the sdcard). Therefore it's highly recommended to do a back up before installing.

The ROM does not include the radio, but you should install this at the same time you install the ROM, if you don't have this version already. The radio supplied with HTC's release is 5.17.05.23 and this is provided below.

3.14.405.1 INIT.D ROM

Download 3.14.405.1 Stock ROM (1.0-test)
    md5: de99e70682971b183ed65abc6e2fc62d

Download 5.17.05.23 Radio
    md5: 738a94c891a6a10082c8bf9f5c4884ba

OPTIONS

Below are some mods to this ROM (more will follow). They are purely optional, and of course take you further away from the stock ROM. Remember that all of these mods are designed to work with this ROM specifically, and not others.

UPDATE APPS (1.0) - updated || 03/08

This will update your system Google apps to the latest market versions: Maps 5.8.0, Gmail 2.3.5.

POWERSAVING MODULES - updated || 10/08

This reduces your battery usage by slightly undervolting, and by forcing the CPU down to 245MHz when the screen is off (it will also fall to 245MHz when idle). Additionally, when battery capacity falls below 30%, the maximum speed will be 800MHz, less than 20% it will be 700MHz and less than 10% it will be limited to 380MHz. When your phone is connected to a charger, it will boost performance a bit when the screen is on, and the speed will not be limited.

A2SD (1.0) - updated || 05/08

With this mod your apps will be saved to the sdcard instead of internal storage. Gingerbread includes enhanced support for moving apps to your sdcard, but not all can be moved, and so this isn't sufficient for everybody. If you need more space, this will help. For this to work you need your sdcard formatted with two partitions, the first a regular FAT partition for general use, the second an ext2/ext3 partition exclusively for A2SD. If you install the mod without a second partition A2SD will not be activated, but it will automatically start up if you create the partition later on your next boot.

MINOR TWEAKS & EXT4 (2.0) - updated || 20/08

This mod will install the default boot animation to the data area, where you can replace it with a custom one if you want to. It also allows hosts modification (you can use the AdFree Android app - do not use the symlink option in it). You will need to re-apply this mod if you do a full wipe. 2.0: Add ext4 support.

REMOVE BOOTSOUND (1.0) - updated || 04/08

Disables the sound on boot up.

INSTALLATION

Your phone must be rooted with custom recovery to install this ROM. There are plenty of guides on how to do this simple procedure. The recommended steps for installation are as follows:

Back up your contacts, apps and text messages to your sdcard; reboot the phone into custom recovery; perform a full backup in recovery; install the radio (select 'install zip from sdcard'); install the ROM; reboot.

After you update the radio the phone will reboot a couple of times, this is normal. The first regular boot may take a little longer than usual.
    Mirrors

Hi there,

sorry for the late answer, but just didn't come to this thread for a while ;)

I had the file on disk and reuploaded it to my mirrors. These are different servers, even the name looks similar.

Mirror-Status: UP!

Mirror: http://files.bestblog.de/desire/3.14.405.1-signed.zip
    Mirror: http://ftp.bestblog.de/Desire/rooted/3.14.405.1-signed.zip
    MD5SUM: de99e70682971b183ed65abc6e2fc62d (1st Post)

Hope this helps some of you out for a while :)

Regards,

FatzzCat
    ext4 support now added - part of the tweaks module.