Kies and Samsung Apps incompatible with 8.9?

Search This thread

manpete

Sep 19, 2011
Today I installed Samsung Kies. Then I connected my Tab 8.9.

When it all seemed fine and dandy, I selected "Apps" in Kies. Then Kies tells me an update must be installed. The update install then fails for some reason.

Next step is that Samsung Apps tells me the Samsung apps are incompatible with the Galaxy Tab 8.9

Has anyone else noticed or knowledge about this behavior? I am using Windows 7/64 bit. Is anyone else using this and also using Samsung Kies to install apps out of the Samsung store?

varsas

Oct 24, 2011
Both Kies and Samsung Apps work fine on my XP machine; the latter also works fine on the GT8.9 (except for the bug requiring flight mode to be off even with a Wi-Fi connection enabled) though I bought mine in Hong Kong.

Reactions: manpete

dazednconfused

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
Charleston, WV
twitter.com
They both work fine on mine as well. No problem with either. Kies connects and updates and Samsung Apps has a lot of apps to download. I have the 8.9 Wifi Tab and purchased in the US.

bdfull3r

Oct 25, 2011
Kies, most wifi transfer programs are sucky at best. its faster and easier just to connect their USB, takes 3 seconds longer then connecting to a kies

That being said, both Samsung Apps and Kies both work on my tablet. even downloaded a Samsung App just to make sure. Heavy Gunner 3D was free in Samsung Apps but $4.99 in Android Market. Both work and connect fine. On Stock 3.1 w touchwiz and rooted with custom 3.2 and 4.0 ROM's

I am using the 7310 tegra 2 wifi version of the 8.9

twingrls

Jan 2, 2012
Spring Hill, FL
Kies has only worked once for me and that was the verry first time. It updated my 7310 to HC 3.2 and then It never connected again. Tried on 3 different PC's. One windows 7 64bit and two windows xp.

rosdol

Jan 30, 2011
Kies alternative

Hi,

is there any othe program available to supplement KIES ??

thanks

Erik

aminahmed

Jan 14, 2012
Today I installed Samsung Kies. Then I connected my Tab 8.9.

When it all seemed fine and dandy, I selected "Apps" in Kies. Then Kies tells me an update must be installed. The update install then fails for some reason.

Next step is that Samsung Apps tells me the Samsung apps are incompatible with the Galaxy Tab 8.9

Has anyone else noticed or knowledge about this behavior? I am using Windows 7/64 bit. Is anyone else using this and also using Samsung Kies to install apps out of the Samsung store?
same with me>>>> I agree Kies just stupid program

trampek22

Feb 1, 2012
Kies has only worked once for me and that was the verry first time. It updated my 7310 to HC 3.2 and then It never connected again. Tried on 3 different PC's. One windows 7 64bit and two windows xp.

The same is in my example. After upgd 3.2 never conect again with kies (win 7/64

z gt 8,9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kies is trash, plain and simple.

Also, the Samsung app market is empty. Plain empty. Just use the Android Market, seriously.
    Both Kies and Samsung Apps work fine on my XP machine; the latter also works fine on the GT8.9 (except for the bug requiring flight mode to be off even with a Wi-Fi connection enabled) though I bought mine in Hong Kong.