[ROM] Stock 3.33.401.x ROMs

Search This thread
S

stempox

you need to manually flash the firmware.zip file because it includes a new kernel version so the wifi and other modules are for that new kernel so if the firmware didnt flash then you dont get wifi working.
To fix, open up the OTA.zip file and extract firmware.zip then rename the firmware.zip to PG58IMG.zip and copy over to root of sd card. Then boot into hboot and follow the onscreen instructions

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Manually flash the firmware.zip like in above post

remember to delete the recovery files, firmware from the zip

RoBy46

May 20, 2010
Piacenza
you need to manually flash the firmware.zip file because it includes a new kernel version so the wifi and other modules are for that new kernel so if the firmware didnt flash then you dont get wifi working.
To fix, open up the OTA.zip file and extract firmware.zip then rename the firmware.zip to PG58IMG.zip and copy over to root of sd card. Then boot into hboot and follow the onscreen instructions

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Manually flash the firmware.zip like in above post
But what firmware should I flash?

Can not find it :(

S

stempox

s24rrt

Jan 4, 2010
Installed the firmware you have provided the link for but get the same issue. If i go to settings ERROR is shown next to wireless.

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
will flashing this Stock ROM turn S-On? if you're phone is S-Off? would it affect CID if user has Super CID access?

Basically if I have a custom ROM backed up and flash this ROM can I go back to my previous ROM Via 4EXT Recovery?

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
will flashing this Stock ROM turn S-On? if you're phone is S-Off? would it affect CID if user has Super CID access?

Basically if I have a custom ROM backed up and flash this ROM can I go back to my previous ROM Via 4EXT Recovery?

No it will not revert you to S-on, now it may revert your CID so I would re write Super CID after flashing. If you flash the file via stock recovery you will have to re install 4EXT first. Go have a good read all the way through this thread it will help you. Look for post by Johnny.

Last edited:
Reactions: swift2fly

raja'i

Nov 10, 2009
Doha
Installed the firmware you have provided the link for but get the same issue. If i go to settings ERROR is shown next to wireless.

me too
i installed the firmware from the original post
superwiped
flashed the rom
then flashed the root
==> wifi error

tried to flash the rom again without the root===> wifi error
flashed the firmware again =====> wifi error

tried to flash the firmware stempox provided ======> wifi error
reverted back to the old firmware ======> wifi error

i dont know how to delete the recovery from the orginal OTA firmware so i didnt try to

any help??!

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
me too
i installed the firmware from the original post
superwiped
flashed the rom
then flashed the root
==> wifi error

tried to flash the rom again without the root===> wifi error
flashed the firmware again =====> wifi error

tried to flash the firmware stempox provided ======> wifi error
reverted back to the old firmware ======> wifi error

i dont know how to delete the recovery from the orginal OTA firmware so i didnt try to

any help??!

Generally wifi errors are kernel + module mismatches so try flashing a custom kernel and see if that fixes it

Reactions: raja'i

raja'i

Nov 10, 2009
Doha
Generally wifi errors are kernel + module mismatches so try flashing a custom kernel and see if that fixes it

Thanks for your reply

I think the xe rom kernel mismatches the module, and the problem is in the main package provided
Coz I reverted back to my orginal rom without any trouble

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Thanks for your reply

I think the xe rom kernel mismatches the module, and the problem is in the main package provided
Coz I reverted back to my orginal rom without any trouble

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

Try flashing the RUU avaible on Football's thread and see if that fixes it

razhasnain

Dec 15, 2010
Flash depending on the ROM you flashed from the previous post:
3.33.401.6 this rom is rooted or not please reply me soon.

Last edited:

siretnicu

May 21, 2011
If i instal it over 3.3.2 stock rom, should i wipe my data?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are stock versions of the new 3.33.401.6 and 3.33.401.106 OTAs that are completely untouched. One is for the regular sensatoin, the other is for the Sensation XE with Beats Audio. However, you may choose to flash either. (Ex: Flashing the XE ROM on a regular Sensation). Feel free to use any of these ROMs as a base for your own custom ROM.

Details:
    • Untouched
    • No Root
    • No Busybox
    • Secured boot.img
    • Check the second post for Root, Busybox and Unsecured boot.img
    Before flashing the ROM, flash this firmware:
    4Shared
    Dev Host

How to flash the firmware:
    1. Place the PG58IMG.zip in your sdcard.
    2. Reboot into bootloader.
    3. Follow the on screen instructions.

Once you installed the firmware, flash a ROM:
    Sensation 3.33.401.6:
    4Shared
    Dev Host

Sensation XE 3.33.401.106:
    4Shared
    Dev Host

If you need a mirror, PM me. Please do not make mirrors. That way, I can keep track of the statistics. Thank you.
    Add-on features:
    The following packages include:
    • Unsecure Boot.img to allow the use of commands such as "adb remount".
    • Superuser for root access
    • Busybox for more shell commands

Flash depending on the ROM you flashed from the previous post:
    4Shared
    Dev Host

4Shared
    Dev Host

Notes:
    • To enable debugging, check USB debugging in Settings>Developer Option.
    OTA files:
    3.33.401.6-3.32.401.5_R
    3.33.401.106_3.32.401.105_R

Note: No need to flash these if you flashed the ROM above. I only posted these upon Mike's request.
    So does this ROM have all the updates from the OTA update from the OTA 3.33 firmware update already in the ROM correct. I want to check out the updated libs and modules in this top see if it will help with the JB Port.

Yes sir, completely updated. I'm also uploading the XE version right now.
    Cheers, I've been waiting for XE one to pop up so will be gratefull when its uploaded :)