[ROM] [CM10/CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins] [01/05/14]

Do we start a new thread or rename this one?

• Keep all JC Sullins CM builds under this thread?

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Keep this one as is and start a new one for CM11?

Votes: 50 86.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
That's part of the fun is not having it boot and waiting for a new upgrade. We're all flasoholics and testing for great chefs like O.a.T is half the fun! :)

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
Hopefully OAT will post an update as to why this appears to have crashed/frozen the latest version.

There have been ~300 downloads of the "latest" CM10 I posted a few days back. Understand that some are having problems, but has anyone successfully got this to load? My personal version of this loads, but that has some significant changes compared to the posted 'straight' version.

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
There have been ~300 downloads of the "latest" CM10 I posted a few days back. Understand that some are having problems, but has anyone successfully got this to load? My personal version of this loads, but that has some significant changes compared to the posted 'straight' version.

I once got it to upgrading applications but it stopped there after I reboot the system, it was hung up at the CM 10 boot screen

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle

I got into the initial setup and it stayed on Starting Apps, for 15-20 min before I got impatient(to actually answer your question.......I was not sucessfull :eek:)

Last edited:

Droid_JD

Aug 19, 2010
Boston
HP Touchpad
Nexus 7 (2013)
Same exact thing happened to me. I read everyone's posts about similar results, but I was still hopeful. Haha
Thanks for working on this for us!
Wish I were smart enough to help.

Sent from my Limited Edition Galaxy Nexus, using Tapatalk 2.

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
I'd be happy to test the latest modified for you O.A.T.s

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Are the new builds with fixes or are they just nightlies?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda app-developers app

nfigot

Aug 10, 2011

Hello OaT,

thx for all you do. I rarely post, but recall your previous fair request that we provide feedback
I use Dor's camera version and won't switch until JB has at least sound. I did try this to see if hw vid was improved from earlier vers. I can report - never got it to load - had the spinning logo issue.

Keep up the great work though since guys like you make this tab a tinker's joy.

Neil

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Boot loops every other boot. Even from clean flash. So for now going back to cm9 p3. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

lauterm

Apr 9, 2011
I just tried the latest straight and and couldn't get past the boot logo either.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

Reactions: nikos5800

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY

Mines stuck in a bootloop as well. I was able to get it to starting applications once but it didn't make it any further. Appreciate the ROMs though, and you could make a new thread for this if you want more feedback.

copene

Dec 6, 2011
Mines stuck in a bootloop as well. I was able to get it to starting applications once but it didn't make it any further. Appreciate the ROMs though, and you could make a new thread for this if you want more feedback.

Mine loaded no problem. I booted to TWRP, factory reset, wipe system, blah blah blah, installed ROM, installed latest GAPPS, booted. Worked no problem. TiBU back to how I like it, setup the settings, copied local.prop=120 to /data, etc. rebooted, good to go. But I have a year and a half year old that loves The Lion King so I made a nand and booted back to good old random reboot CM9 and am patiently waiting.

Reactions: crhylove and O.a.T.

Cygnust

Jul 22, 2008
Paris
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mine loaded no problem. I booted to TWRP, factory reset, wipe system, blah blah blah, installed ROM, installed latest GAPPS, booted. Worked no problem. TiBU back to how I like it, setup the settings, copied local.prop=120 to /data, etc. rebooted, good to go. But I have a year and a half year old that loves The Lion King so I made a nand and booted back to good old random reboot CM9 and am patiently waiting.

Sorry but did you use the latest one ?
Never had any problem updating my touchpad and have a few devices running cm10 but still have problems with that file ..

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle

Sorry but screenshots or it didn't happen since no one else in this thread has been successful.

copene

Dec 6, 2011
go under settings and check the date of the build and report back.

I've been messing with fat n creamy and I deleted the cm10 nand. I'll try the latest right now, gimme 10 minutes.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Yup, jackass, right here! Oh and I bricked too so now I'm webos doctoring. Jfc.

Reactions: crhylove

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gp9sx1u.jpg

New Experimental preview by Jcsullins please go and thank him for this
    You can download the CM10 preview here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.

You can download the CM10.1 Experimental here and the GApps here.
    Update mirror is available here.​
    You can find all the required installation files here,
    but you may want to have a look at the thread below so that you know what to do with them.

For Instructions on how to install this Rom please see this post : How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 Builds on the HP TouchPad
    Thanks to RolandDeschain79 for such an informative and comprehensive guide.

Please note this ROM is just for testing and is not considered ready for daily use.
    If you are looking for a fully working ROM or are inexperienced at flashing ROMS then this is not for you

I take no credit for this work

Please feel free to post any and all comments including bugs, FC's or any other problems and please try and stay on topic,
    also please remember new users will need a lot of help, so lets play nice.​
    I've uploaded a new CM10.1 Bluetooth build:

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...08-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST.zip

Bluetooth keyboards should now work with this build. Note that with the HP Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard, you use the
    keyboard to re-initiate a connection instead of the the Touchpad. So once you get it paired, just turn it off (the keyboard)
    when you are done using it. Turn it back on (the keyboard), and it should re-connect (usually takes about 10 secs).

Also, THIS IS NOT A NEW ROM. This is milaq's unofficial CM10.1 ROM with changes/additions needed to get bluetooth
    working.

I will be making the source available so it can be included in any CM10.1 (based) ROM soon. However, since this was an effort
    than spanned several weeks and touches several source code repositories, it will take a little time to get everything
    cleaned-up and organized properly.

This will most likely be the last Bluetooth test build that I release. After the source is published, I expect that it will be included
    in most if not all CM10.1 ROMs.
    CM10/JB Update

@All: Been away for a couple of weeks, but since a few have questions about the status of CM10/JB, I thought it might be helpful to post some news and observations.

There have been a lot of improvements and additions to CM10 for the TP since my previous build on Sept. 9 before I left town, compared to my latest Sept. 23 build. Most of the improvements can be seen in the increasing speed/smoothness of JB, but some also have to do with the efficiency of say the dalvik. Some of the major additions in CM10 now include a graphing/equation capability in the calculator and timers in the desk clock, along with many other incremental improvements in the other built-in apps.

The major deficiency in CM10 continues to be sound. Several, including myself, have tried a variety of different drivers, libraries, etc., but to no avail. Maybe, the most disconcerting news IMHO is the lack of activity/communication from both Sullins and Hardesty. For example, some CM10 repository review requests for Sullins have gone unanswered for ~3.5 months. Also, I have not seen Sullins responding on the CM IRC and in fact the last time I checked he is no longer actively logged in. Hardesty, even after his statement about returning to active development on the TP a couple of weeks back, has yet to make his presence obvious. Without the contributions/guidance of these two, my fear is that sound in CM10 for the TP will be sometime in coming, unless someone gets very lucky. My own attention is now starting to focus on the so called wrappers between JB and the TP, but this is in fact a brand new area for me to delve into, so I expect the learning curve to be steep.

Finally, in regards to publishing LnT CM9 (yes, there are still continuing changes, almost on a daily basis, for CM9 that are not always obvious via BBQLog) or CM10 (lots of changes every day, some of which are applicable to the TP) again, I have not yet decided what I am going to do. For those few that I have been in contact with via PM or email, please wait to hear from me about an update as I play catch up from being gone for 2 weeks and as time permits to evaluate the current builds.
    Latest build is up:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouc...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip

Noted Changes:
    *** FIXES FOR RANDOM REBOOTS ***
    fix for microphone
    expanded desktop available
    pending magnetometer fixes included
    minimum CPU freq now 192Mhz

update:
    mirror: http://techerrata.com/file/cm/touch...ENTAL-tenderloin-FOR_LIMITED_TESTING_ONLY.zip
    Unofficial CM10 for TPad

Please note: This is not LnTCM10. This is a "straight" build of Unofficial CM10 for the TPad that effectively updates the version contained in the OP for those wanting to give JB a whirl.

ROM: Updated in a later post
    MD5: Updated in a later post