Fingerprint Scanner Fix...

Search This thread

justjayhere

Oct 1, 2010
The fingerprint scanner will only work if the Boot loader is Locked

Edit: "AND you reset the Tampered flag"!!!

... This is not a Rom issue. A tool is available on the HTC One forum that works on our device as well.

Edit: Please note that Roms that are Ported from other devices that do not have a fingerprint scanner might not have all the needed software for the fingerprint scanner on the One Max to work regardless of boot loader being on and tampered flag fixed!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527194

[TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI

I have personally tested this on my Verizon HTC One Max running a different Rom then stock (ViperMAX) and personally confirm it works.

I take no credit for this Tool.. just sharing the link and info.

Feel free to share One Max experience in this forum.

And don't forget to thank "Chusholot" when visiting the link above to download the Tool.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris

Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.

Reactions: justjayhere

justjayhere

Oct 1, 2010
Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.

Will do... Thanks for the reminder

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris

Reactions: Jiggity Janx

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia

I didn't reset the tampered flag and my scanner works fine

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Really?!?! I wonder if it was model specific? I think I recall my Verizon one scanning three tines but not truly accepting a fingerprint until they were both done.

*Also I thought there was like 100 convos going on where the resolution was to reset tampered as well...?

Last edited:

TheLegend88

Sep 20, 2010
Vienna
Question

Hy!I installed this fix but my question is if I can go back to locked status with stock recovery image and how do I do that.

ChriGothiMark

Dec 21, 2009
sora
Hello, I ahve international model with Y7 Sense7 5.0.2 rom and the fingerprint doesn't work. What can I do to fix this? Thank you

Reactions: rvat

Pm80m

Jan 9, 2021
[QUOTE = "asacado, Post: 65770547, Member: 5300432"]
I simply used this tool and removed the locked tamper and bootloader and the scanner works.
[/ QUOTE]
Where can I download this tool? :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The fingerprint scanner will only work if the Boot loader is Locked

Edit: "AND you reset the Tampered flag"!!!

... This is not a Rom issue. A tool is available on the HTC One forum that works on our device as well.

Edit: Please note that Roms that are Ported from other devices that do not have a fingerprint scanner might not have all the needed software for the fingerprint scanner on the One Max to work regardless of boot loader being on and tampered flag fixed!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527194

[TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI

I have personally tested this on my Verizon HTC One Max running a different Rom then stock (ViperMAX) and personally confirm it works.

I take no credit for this Tool.. just sharing the link and info.

Feel free to share One Max experience in this forum.

And don't forget to thank "Chusholot" when visiting the link above to download the Tool.

Will do... Thanks for the reminder

Hello, I ahve international model with Y7 Sense7 5.0.2 rom and the fingerprint doesn't work. What can I do to fix this? Thank you