h0tw1r3's CM10 discussion thread *Discontinued until further notice*

Search This thread

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
Figured I would start one so people have a proper place to talk about it.
Inb4 people asking where to find the builds, they can be found on goo.im or the goomanager app that can be acquired on the part store. They can also be found on his github under his forum name.

I would like people to know that every device is different. If you don't occur one of these bugs, then you are fortunate. If someone brings up something that i do not know about, i will add it to the list
Known bugs (that i know about):
-Google Hangouts ~ Video but no sound
-Sound is out of whack in 8/23 build

~Possible Bugs
-some have also said their Wi-Fi wasn't working
-possible hardware acceleration breakage

Users must be on CWM 5.8.4.8 (non-touch), 5.8.4.3 (touch) RomManager Recoveries Page

OR

TeamWinRecoveryProject (TWRP) 2.2.1.1 TWRP2-i717

Else user will see "abort 7 errors."

If user is able to flash CM9/CM10, and get no abort status 7, yet still is having problems with a ROM itself, the problem is not likely the recovery image being used.

Many users have used the latest CWM and TWRP (mentioned above) to flash all of the latest ROMs, including: CM9, CM10, PA, AOKP, GB, ICS, etc. without any problems.
Build #10 is out
http://goo.im/devs/h0tw1r3/SGH-I717/cyanogenmod/10
New Gapps at http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/gapps-jb-20120802-eos.zip

And I'll just place these right here too
gapps-jb-20120802-eos.zip
Gallery2.apk

Last edited:

Sinful Animosity

Jun 14, 2011
Spring Hill fl
Just making sure, since I haven't seen anything discussing it, but no one else's camera is working? I get the error cannot connect to camera, just like when I had the Atrix on ICS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
there was a camera-related commit last night, so maybe they figured it out. We'll just have to wait and test the next nightly that has it.

Reactions: Sinful Animosity

Sinful Animosity

Jun 14, 2011
Spring Hill fl
I can confirm torch working. Quite nicely, in fact. On CM9, there would be some lag trying to turn it on. Turns on instantly in CMX!

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
I can confirm torch working. Quite nicely, in fact. On CM9, there would be some lag trying to turn it on. Turns on instantly in CMX!

in any case
XJAi0.png

Sent from Outer Space

jpoirier587

Nov 6, 2009
Is it just me or does cyanogenmod have a shaky relationship with cameras? Its nearly a deal breaker for me. Is it possible to put Samsung camera on CM?

Sinful Animosity

Jun 14, 2011
Spring Hill fl
I think it has to do with drivers. When ICS came out, almost no one had a working ROM with camera.

Anyone having a problem with YouTube going all grey in landscape? In portrait mode its fine.

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
I think it has to do with drivers. When ICS came out, almost no one had a working ROM with camera.

Anyone having a problem with YouTube going all grey in landscape? In portrait mode its fine.

I've updated the OP a couple times since the thread was created.

I personally am also having trouble with landscape mode in YouTube, but i took a screenshot and it came out fine in my gallery. So it must be in the display drivers, might be related to the hardware acceleration, and the video i tried to watch earlier didn't load HD or HQ when i tried it earlier, I've been watching anime so i haven't tried any more videos

Sent from Outer Space

Reactions: Sinful Animosity

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for starting this thread. I can't figure out Goo.im interface for the life of me lol..
I tried out the rom briefly (twice) and my experience with it is as followed:
Not working: Camera, Google Now, LTE not connecting [only Hspa (5%) and 3g (95%)], and Youtube, MXPlayer, Super Video in landscape had gray grainish playback. And weird thing when you flash and boot, in setup screen there is Emergency Call: Mother. I don't know what that means but it was weird.
Otherwise, the rom is super fast and smooth. However I think JamieD81's rom was much faster and smoother for whatever reason.

Keep us updated when next release hits :)

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
Thanks for starting this thread. I can't figure out Goo.im interface for the life of me lol..
I tried out the rom briefly (twice) and my experience with it is as followed:
Not working: Camera, Google Now, LTE not connecting [only Hspa (5%) and 3g (95%)], and Youtube, MXPlayer, Super Video in landscape had gray grainish playback. And weird thing when you flash and boot, in setup screen there is Emergency Call: Mother. I don't know what that means but it was weird.
Otherwise, the rom is super fast and smooth. However I think JamieD81's rom was much faster and smoother for whatever reason.

Keep us updated when next release hits :)

when you say google now, what exactly do you mean? and the LTE can apparently be fixed by changing your bearer to LTE in APN settings and possibly changing the interface from ipv4 to ipv4/ipv6.
no idea about the emergency call but there's something with the build that has to do with the landscape being gray, i couldn't give a cause with my current knowledge.

and about goo.im, you just have to go to to devs > h0tw1r3 > SGH-I717 > unsupported for the cm10 stuff

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
Delete

Send from my beaned out note using XDA premium.

Last edited:

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
when you say google now, what exactly do you mean? and the LTE can apparently be fixed by changing your bearer to LTE in APN settings and possibly changing the interface from ipv4 to ipv4/ipv6.
no idea about the emergency call but there's something with the build that has to do with the landscape being gray, i couldn't give a cause with my current knowledge.

and about goo.im, you just have to go to to devs > h0tw1r3 > SGH-I717 > unsupported for the cm10 stuff

This is Google now. Tap your search button
44543572-2654-ab0b.jpg

D

Deleted member 4675115

How about battery use? I was almost dead after 7 hrs....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured I would start one so people have a proper place to talk about it.
    Inb4 people asking where to find the builds, they can be found on goo.im or the goomanager app that can be acquired on the part store. They can also be found on his github under his forum name.

I would like people to know that every device is different. If you don't occur one of these bugs, then you are fortunate. If someone brings up something that i do not know about, i will add it to the list
    Known bugs (that i know about):
    -Google Hangouts ~ Video but no sound
    -Sound is out of whack in 8/23 build

~Possible Bugs
    -some have also said their Wi-Fi wasn't working
    -possible hardware acceleration breakage

Users must be on CWM 5.8.4.8 (non-touch), 5.8.4.3 (touch) RomManager Recoveries Page

OR

TeamWinRecoveryProject (TWRP) 2.2.1.1 TWRP2-i717

Else user will see "abort 7 errors."

If user is able to flash CM9/CM10, and get no abort status 7, yet still is having problems with a ROM itself, the problem is not likely the recovery image being used.

Many users have used the latest CWM and TWRP (mentioned above) to flash all of the latest ROMs, including: CM9, CM10, PA, AOKP, GB, ICS, etc. without any problems.
    Build #10 is out
    http://goo.im/devs/h0tw1r3/SGH-I717/cyanogenmod/10
    New Gapps at http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/gapps-jb-20120802-eos.zip

And I'll just place these right here too
    gapps-jb-20120802-eos.zip
    Gallery2.apk
    For anyone that only has 3MP camera in the stock apk, i'd like you to look in your /system/app folder and see if you have a "gallery2.apk" or "gallerygoogle.apk" i know i had a gallerygoogle.apk. i changed it's name and put .bak on the end just to remove it, and put gallery2 in there and gave it correct permissions, restarted and i had the proper camera back, all of the features too.

I put a mirror in the OP
    I always do a clean install every time I flash a Tom.
    And I'm sure Tom appreciates the fact you're clean when you flash him.
    Fixing to flash and test My Beats audio for cm10 ;)

AwesomeBEATSv3 is now compatible with CM10!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23690142#post23690142

ENJOY!
    That bothers me so much. Its so of center. Wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for the AT&T

Not a deal breaker for me, the lock screen isn't really seen for long for me. I can live with it. It's better then dealing with this...
    44543572-5652-5f54.jpg

That's where most of us would be if it wasn't for these developers. I'll take an upside down, sideways screen if I had to.