[Discussion] What would be your next phone after SGR ?

Search This thread

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
heya guys, i found this thread under LG O2X section n i found it to be very interesting.

this thread will help all of them who are frustrated with their phone while buying a new phone.

ppl can post their requirement or device name that they admire..

i will begin with me..
requirements:
dual core 1ghz+
4.2" screen+
pre ics/jb pack
s amoled screen
internal 8gb+
expandable 32gb+

preferably nexus or flagship devices

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeXzr

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
I will get a Galaxy Nexus this week

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
well i have planned to stick to SGR until it totally breaks :D

well my requirement is
> atleast dual core SoC with good class GPU (i love gaming)

> screen must be between 4 to 4.5 inches (i hate big phones like note/s3 they are very uncomfortable to carry in pockets)

> screen should be LCD or AMOLED not based on pentile matrix, i prefer LCD as they are having high brightness and great outdoor visibility.

> good dev support

> and main important thing is that SoC is made by companies like TI, Samsung, Snapdragon who releases their proper sources. it will probably wont be having nvidia SoCs.

> next device will be 90% samsung as that phones doesnt comes with locked bootloaders and after rooting we can still claim warranty by just resetting counter and flashing stock rom :cowboy:

karthik050782

Dec 20, 2011
Bangalore
I will be with Royal phone till the time i can receive and make call...
If i failed on previous line, then i will be moving to some windows phone(mostly with windows 8) :D

JoJo2012

Jun 29, 2012
100% nexus.... while the hardware is often outdated by other flagships the timely updates make up for that..... i can no longer hav a phone that has been promised an update since like ever while everyone else has moved on

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Nexus 100 % It says that the next generation of nexus will be produced by several manufacturers and will also be greater choice and probably cheaper :D

hdn413

Jan 31, 2012
1. Galaxy Nexus
2. HTC...whatever better than One X
3. Samsung Galaxy SIII
4. Maybe Sony. Not sure yet....

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
At least for one more year i will stick with our Galaxy R....

My next device will be Nexus or flagship device from Samsung (Lot's of developers will be there, so we will be having lot's of custom ROM's ;))....

venkatkkesavan

Jan 4, 2009
Bangalore
mine will be a sony xperia series.. their camera and music quality is much better even for mid range phone, quicker upgrade and fully supports the dev community...SGR might be my last Samsung phone...

Last edited:

jebaclament

Jan 16, 2011
Chennai
I will never buy nvidia powered device

Unless nvidia supports devs..i won't buy tegra bull****..still we are stuck with gb..i will go for good flagship model by next year by this time.

ofabhishek

May 2, 2011
BGP
I'll keep my SGR for one more year no matter it remain stuck on GB. To taste ICS/JB i'd rather buy a tablet..... probably a nexus

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dmadhur

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
I'll use this one till I can call/text :D
I like Samsung but won't buy a device which isn't flagship. :(

M

m.kochan10

quicker upgrade and fully supports the dev community...

Not at all :( Devs support is really poor there compared to Sammy or HTC. About upgrade Their flagship Xperia S got ICS update couple of months later than S2. (After I sold my SGR I was choosing between HTC One S, Xperia S and Galaxy S2).

About music and especially camera - you're totally right. I guess Xperia has the best camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd recommend not to change to iPhone. Our phone has a long life support now that we have CM10 and will definitely have 4.2 as soon as it gets released. Our screen is much bigger and the phone has very good specifications in all fields.

@Vikesh: You don't need iTunes anymore for music. My friend, H2CO3 created libipodimport which allows users to add songs to iPod directly without iTunes. It's an amazing project, check it out if you have a jailbroken iDevice.

Sent from my GT-I9103 with CM10
    well i have planned to stick to SGR until it totally breaks :D

well my requirement is
    > atleast dual core SoC with good class GPU (i love gaming)

> screen must be between 4 to 4.5 inches (i hate big phones like note/s3 they are very uncomfortable to carry in pockets)

> screen should be LCD or AMOLED not based on pentile matrix, i prefer LCD as they are having high brightness and great outdoor visibility.

> good dev support

> and main important thing is that SoC is made by companies like TI, Samsung, Snapdragon who releases their proper sources. it will probably wont be having nvidia SoCs.

> next device will be 90% samsung as that phones doesnt comes with locked bootloaders and after rooting we can still claim warranty by just resetting counter and flashing stock rom :cowboy:
    I won't get another phone in a while. Especially now that we have ICS and the needed stuff for JB. Great!
    Mine would be an iphone 5:D

Apple sucks :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sent from my CM7.2 powered Galaxy R using Tapatalk 2.
    I'll continue as a buyer of samsung phones as long as it keeps making such great products at fairer price tags...

Why wud i spend 40k whn i cn enjoy everything a phone can offer at just half of tht.....?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

Everything?
    U get much much more than crappy iphones at half of price.
    And the great example is our SGR ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Royale using Tapatalk 2.