[KERNEL]Droid DNA Cubed Kernel Stock/System Write/Unsec ADB[01.23.13]Added HSIC fix

Search This thread

spinkick

Apr 26, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey dsb, I know you said you weren't going to maintain this kernel nor provide individual modifications to it, but is there *any* way you could compile this kernel with just the battery fix also in it from the other kernel? I would normally agree that individual requests would become overwhelming, but that fix isn't just a random feature request. It's an actual bug in the stock kernel that should really be addressed by HTC but obviously you beat them to it. It might also be a good test to see if that fix is what is causing the freezing problem on the other kernel, since the best way to test that (unfortunately) is probably going to be testing kernels by either inclusion of changes on stock, or exclusion of changes on modded. As a developer myself, I totally understand the frustration in tracking down bugs that can't be easily reproduced by any one given method. If you'd like someone to test the extra change, I'll gladly volunteer my device.

I understand if you don't want to fulfill this request, and no hard feelings if you can't or don't want to. Really appreciate all you've already done.

I would donate to see this

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
Scrolling through xda it started to get really laggy and then sod. I'm using no frills controller on Msm-dcvs, no other changes. Loving the battery life, I will just stick with it.

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
Hey dsb, I know you said you weren't going to maintain this kernel nor provide individual modifications to it, but is there *any* way you could compile this kernel with just the battery fix also in it from the other kernel? I would normally agree that individual requests would become overwhelming, but that fix isn't just a random feature request. It's an actual bug in the stock kernel that should really be addressed by HTC but obviously you beat them to it. It might also be a good test to see if that fix is what is causing the freezing problem on the other kernel, since the best way to test that (unfortunately) is probably going to be testing kernels by either inclusion of changes on stock, or exclusion of changes on modded. As a developer myself, I totally understand the frustration in tracking down bugs that can't be easily reproduced by any one given method. If you'd like someone to test the extra change, I'll gladly volunteer my device.

I understand if you don't want to fulfill this request, and no hard feelings if you can't or don't want to. Really appreciate all you've already done.

I'd like this too. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

CovXX

Dec 30, 2011
NJ
You either didn't flash the modules in recovery or didn't flash the kernel in fastboot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

i did but i'll redo both

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

do i flash the modules zip first? and then flash the boot.img?

CovXX

Dec 30, 2011
NJ
Does not matter.

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)

Still can't get wifi working this is what i did,

flash the modules zip in cwm
adb'd to reboot into bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img

And then rebooted, eveything works but my WiFi just says turning on.I checked the md5 and its correct.
Lk3Ke.png

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011

And then rebooted, eveything works but my WiFi just says turning on.I checked the md5 and its correct.
Lk3Ke.png

Did you go into fastboot, or just bootloader? Because this is what happens when you don't flash it.

Go to fastboot and do fastboot devices to make sure it is working, then flash the boot img

CovXX

Dec 30, 2011
NJ
Did you go into fastboot, or just bootloader? Because this is what happens when you don't flash it.

bootloader but i tried adb reboot fasboot and it just booted back into the system ,i'll try from bootloader, so go bootloader->fastboot? and then do the fastboot command ?

okay so i did that ^ and still not working, do i do it when its in hboot?

Last edited:

iOSh8er

Dec 30, 2010
Hephzibah

Lk3Ke.png

What does your phone show as the current kernel?
Settings>about>software>more

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay folks. I built this for those of you who prefer to be on a mostly stock kernel.

It is all stock except you can write to /system, and adb shell as root.

I will not be modifying, maintaining, updating, or otherwise doing anything else with this.

If you are coming from my other kernel, you need to flash the return to stock zip in the OP of that thread first to restore your files.

Enjoy!

Droid DNA Cubed System Write Stock Kernel
    MD5: 78dba0c85090d89fd681269a09140e5f

D

Thread unlocked. Links up.

D

Added the HSIC fix to this so the stock folk can save some battery.

D

Can you make an overclock version too?

The end goal would be to include that, too. My primary focus is absolute stability, so overclocking won't be coming right away (but it will be on the short list). Since I'm going to have to follow the GPL in order to provide the kernel to you guys, I'm going to go official and set it up on github which might take a couple days since I'm also busy with a few real life things at the moment, too. I'm going to be splitting off from this thread for the release since it won't be this "stock" kernel anymore and I'm getting dsb's ok to include his system write patch in it. Between getting the source on github and ensuring that I've tested the stability thoroughly myself, I'm going to say probably Friday I'll start the new thread with my kernel ready for download.