HTC One Camera - Video Recording

Search This thread

germanojose

May 24, 2010
Last edited:

demo27vol1

Anyone could test the video stabilization, because I´m seeing a lot of video on youtube and the fps broke sometimes.

These are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJPbW-v-Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPs5M93fhfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75_J1zCO40&list=UUYAuOW09D5X2mD8vM4zslug&index=1

Even in the presentation the fps stucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjBbK4rxAo

Sorry my English. I´m from Brazil :p

Isnt recording in 1080p HDR only like 28fps? Maybe that's the problem.

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
Isnt recording in 1080p HDR only like 28fps? Maybe that's the problem.

That's not the problem. 28fps is plenty enough for smooth motion. The video recording just sucks in general on HTC phones. Even the official "two girls walking into sunlight and then turning back to smile" video is jerky and not completely smooth. HTC is claiming they have OIS, but I don't see any evidence of it at all. In fact, disregarding jerkiness, the video just really really sucks. The colors are completely off and overly red and gaudy. The motion of objects in the video have a nauseatingly awkward movement to them. The details and colors are all smeared looking and cartoonified. It doesn't look natural or real at all. All these issues are evident in the HTC One X, Sensation, Desire HD, etc. They are not unique to the HTC One. I've been *****ing about how terrible HTC's video recording is for years now, and even now in 2013 it's still the same old crap.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
Guys it could be that its the demo unit..The retail unit might have everything fixed..Lets wait and watch.

germanojose

May 24, 2010
I think its a problem of build because i had a Desire HD and when I installed the rom from sabsa prime, the latest, the câmera is working without loosing fps and on Endeavoru I just changed the build.prop configuration and the issue minimized. I'll be waiting the custom rom to see this fix.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
That's not the problem. 28fps is plenty enough for smooth motion. The video recording just sucks in general on HTC phones. Even the official "two girls walking into sunlight and then turning back to smile" video is jerky and not completely smooth. HTC is claiming they have OIS, but I don't see any evidence of it at all. In fact, disregarding jerkiness, the video just really really sucks. The colors are completely off and overly red and gaudy. The motion of objects in the video have a nauseatingly awkward movement to them. The details and colors are all smeared looking and cartoonified. It doesn't look natural or real at all. All these issues are evident in the HTC One X, Sensation, Desire HD, etc. They are not unique to the HTC One. I've been *****ing about how terrible HTC's video recording is for years now, and even now in 2013 it's still the same old crap.

Call me inept, but I would blame that on the Filmer, it isn't very noticeable to me. Looks roughly the same as other OEMs.

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Those vids could be early software design.

On my epic 4g touch I get crappy video with AOSP and great video with the stock rom. My AOSP vids look like these vids being posted which is simply due to un-optimized codecs for the processor.

I'm sure this wont be the case with the final builds.

bismeetsahoo

Feb 21, 2013
noida
HTC is claiming that the UltraPixel camera on the HTC One will be able to capture 300 percent more light than competitors. You can shoot 1080p HD videos, HDR videos and there's a single LED flash for even better low-light shooting.

^ Is it comparable to sony xperia z 13mp cam ? :mad:

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
HTC is claiming that the UltraPixel camera on the HTC One will be able to capture 300 percent more light than competitors. You can shoot 1080p HD videos, HDR videos and there's a single LED flash for even better low-light shooting.

^ Is it comparable to sony xperia z 13mp cam ? :mad:

The Speria pics look worse than my E4GT.

I've been in the camera bix for years and one thing is for sure, if you pack more dots into a smaller area the dots are then smaller. Less surface area means less light hits it and therefor less color spectrum capture and less light band capture. The reason SLR cameras can hit the higher pixels is due to the CCD size. The CCD is WAY bigger in the SLR than any cell phone so it can capture more color spectrum and more light bands.

I for one think that the camera in the HTC One will really stun people when they actually use it next to their old phone.

-]Megacharge[-

Nov 16, 2010
Montreal
Every video or picture I've seen from the HTC One (especially the videos) have looked average to flat out bad.. Really hope this is just due to insufficient software optimization and will be corrected before release as right now it's not looking too good.

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
Guys it could be that its the demo unit..The retail unit might have everything fixed..Lets wait and watch.

I've heard this liine a I've heard this line a million times, for dozens of phones I've followed through the years. Either from delusional people, from fanboys, or just simply ignorant people who don't follow this stuff closely. Images taken from the demo unit that's trotted out to the press when it is announced will not magically grow wings and transform into something else on the final product, especially when there's only a few weeks til launch. Even going from alpha stages, with the final camera hardware is decided, the difference is marginal. You really think they have to start from the ground up building software for the camera for every single new smartphone? Like a puppy who is blind at birth and it's eyes open after a few weeks? It is not only ridiculous, but it has never been true. SGS2, SGS3, Nokia Lumia 920, Pureview 808, HTC One X, Xperia Z, and every other smartphone ever, even going back to Sony and Nokia candybar phones with buttons.

rapha.194

Feb 10, 2013
i've heard this liine a i've heard this line a million times, for dozens of phones i've followed through the years. Either from delusional people, from fanboys, or just simply ignorant people who don't follow this stuff closely. Images taken from the demo unit that's trotted out to the press when it is announced will not magically grow wings and transform into something else on the final product, especially when there's only a few weeks til launch. Even going from alpha stages, with the final camera hardware is decided, the difference is marginal. You really think they have to start from the ground up building software for the camera for every single new smartphone? Like a puppy who is blind at birth and it's eyes open after a few weeks? It is not only ridiculous, but it has never been true. Sgs2, sgs3, nokia lumia 920, pureview 808, htc one x, xperia z, and every other smartphone ever, even going back to sony and nokia candybar phones with buttons.

Lol

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

HTC again disappoints me

Lost in comparative picture between Lumia 920
and now lost for the Iphone 5

http://asia.cnet.com/htc-one-vs-iphone-5-camera-shootout-62220556.htm

This camera can be better than Motorola Razr Hd ?

And I say more ....
Camera 13 MP's Xperia z NOT does better than IP5 and Galaxy S3!

They should make a mobile with 10 mm and put a bigger sensor a battery and a decent audio quality than that of those who make war USELESS phone thinner.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts