FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2013, 11:19 PM |#991  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noten093

Here another movie I made this morning "driving" to work. Made me very happy.....

Which app is that? Plugin to Torque?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
27th December 2013, 02:24 AM |#992  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavas

RacingMeter for Torque Pro
27th December 2013, 07:42 AM |#993  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Yes race plugin
27th December 2013, 07:44 AM |#994  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadax

RacingMeter for Torque Pro

Thanks!

Quote:

Yes race plugin

Thanks!

27th December 2013, 02:31 PM |#995  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

Naturaly you don't know anything about XDA en rooting and things therefore went wrong while updating the new firmware... Since it's in bootloop, nobody can ever see you rooted your device and there is no way to find out. So you might have a change they will swap your unit.

About the firmware update procedure. Maybe it's a good thing to update the OP with the right way to update the firmware once rooted. I had to find out the hard way, since it was never mentioned that ypu probably have to use menu.bat again to recover your settings and apps. And off course the updated information that the 147.90 software has been tested and confirmed.

Still curious to find out why my laptop suddenly wasn't able to use menu.bat, while setting everything up on a different computer went flawless, What changed on my laptop? ADB connecting went fine, but then I got the message that 'CHOICE' was not found or not the right command - or something.

But for now, let's enjoy the holidays.

Well guys I'll just went to the volvo dealer, they couldn't reboot the system. Battery was disconnected for more than half an hour, but no effect. They will contact Volvo netherlands for futher instruction.

I've seen something new he wanted to reboot the system by using the keyboard on the dashboard.

The follow instructions he did :

#menu# and #reboot#

by the last command the system normally will reboot. By the other instruction you can be prompted into the system of SCT

Sorry voor my bad english
27th December 2013, 03:59 PM |#996  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Here is the thing... The Volvo SCT is in a closed ecosystem, but it is not just any walled garden; it is in a subset of the Asteroid Market. Logistically speaking, its in a walled garden within a walled garden. At the center of both of those gardens where the SCT exists, Waze does not. So, what do you think the chances are that Volvo or Parrot are going to need to apply those fixes for software that's not even supposed to be there in the first place? I think the odds is pretty slim, myself. Besides, I should point out that the .96 update was available to North America long while Smart firmware for 2.1.3 was available. Since the fix for Waze did not appear until version 2.1.5 which was release recently, last month. This means that it is even less likely it would have been applied to the most recent SCT PLF.

Btw, I see a lot of you making the same grammatical mistake when using "loose" or "loosing" when you really mean "lose" or "losing". Loose is the opposite of tight, while lose is the opposite of gain. If it makes it easier to remember, their diametric opposite has the same number of letters.

Yes but:
A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser".
Moron: "Hey man, you are teh looser!"
Guy: "It's spelled 'loser' you uneducated bastard."

Idiotic way of spelling "loser". Most often used by teens and adults with no more than a 2nd grade grammar level.
Guy 1: OMG! Todd is such a looser!

Guy 2: I told myself I was going to do this do the next person I saw spelling the word "loser" like that; so now I am going to set your house on fire. You brought this upon yourself.

Me being a loser and all, isn't loose the right spelling for me?
27th December 2013, 08:38 PM |#997  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaymond

Well guys I'll just went to the volvo dealer, they couldn't reboot the system. Battery was disconnected for more than half an hour, but no effect. They will contact Volvo netherlands for futher instruction.

I've seen something new he wanted to reboot the system by using the keyboard on the dashboard.

The follow instructions he did :

#menu# and #reboot#

by the last command the system normally will reboot. By the other instruction you can be prompted into the system of SCT

Sorry voor my bad english

Yes #reboot# is sending the shutdown and reboot command. #menu# is not working. I'll try it again in ACU Home mode.

Update: nope #menu# is not working in ACU home mode
28th December 2013, 11:40 PM |#998  

More
Regarding using the torque app, how do you pair the odb adapter with the SCT??
I can't find any bluetooth settings menu anywhere, which I suppose suppose is correct, since you're not supposed to use the bluetooth via the SCT, but only through Sensus.

I installed Bluetooth Settings Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stwh.bluetooth), but it didn't let me scan for devices, only enable the bluetooth, and view an empty list of connected devices.
29th December 2013, 07:39 AM |#999  

More
Quote:

Regarding using the torque app, how do you pair the odb adapter with the SCT??
I can't find any bluetooth settings menu anywhere, which I suppose suppose is correct, since you're not supposed to use the bluetooth via the SCT, but only through Sensus.

I installed Bluetooth Settings Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stwh.bluetooth), but it didn't let me scan for devices, only enable the bluetooth, and view an empty list of connected devices.

You do that with Torque. It will automatically enable bluetooth and pair. Be sure to set the found OBD protocol to manual. You risk problems if Torque will search for protocol at boot when you are just starting your car.
29th December 2013, 09:08 AM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question Internet proxy settings
Sorry for raising this matter again but can anyone experienced help me access Internet proxy settings in SCT? There is no such option in Settings. Perhaps config files or thrid-party apps can do the trick?

Seems that clearing 3G access point proxy setting is the only way to get Google Play Music work over 3G.
29th December 2013, 02:21 PM |#1001  

More
Quote:

You do that with Torque. It will automatically enable bluetooth and pair. Be sure to set the found OBD protocol to manual. You risk problems if Torque will search for protocol at boot when you are just starting your car.

See also my post here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)