FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[krn.modules] tun.ko module for Arc / Arc S stock Kernel (ICS)

419 posts
Thanks Meter: 406

By viulian, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd May 2012, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've compiled tun.ko module for Arc 4.0.3 stock kernel.

Since the firmware I use is the Arc S one (ICS 4.0.3) - I believe this module will also work for Arc S.

Download:

Use it at your own risk!

tun_arc_ics.zip

This was was a difficult one to make, Sony choosed to disable some features within the kernel, but I was able to finally build it correctly so that the phone doesn't reboot.

One more reason I don't like other kernels beside what producer put - they have more 'junk' just because the PC can build it. Sony seems to keep everything very controlled and slim. Replacing the kernel usually puts something not phone optimized.

Enjoy!

PS: I will create a small installer with the modules, so you don't have to use other kernels and complex procedure if you want other governors and tun.ko (before this I will build cifs).
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to viulian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viulian Ad-Free

23rd May 2012, 11:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
you should make a thread for all your modules..it will be much better. nice work man.
The Following User Says Thank You to ascariz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ascariz Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 03:51 PM |#3  
Flag Taoyuan
Thanks Meter: 79

More
How to use it? Please teach me! Thanks
13th March 2014, 06:14 PM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 406

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by error01671

How to use it? Please teach me! Thanks

This module was meant to be used with OpenVPN .. or other things where you might need the tun module ?
You could start here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nvpn.installer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)