Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtas29

Does It working on windows rt 8.1?
I have nokia 2520 tried install
Looks done well but when tried install recompiled putty
Got info there is no proper signature in some file ... bla bla bla

Someone got same issue and resolve problem?

No! Only Windows RT 8 not 8.1!!!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to ph87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ph87 Ad-Free
16th December 2013, 10:58 PM |#472  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ok, thanks for info.
Hope someone is working hard and 8.1 version will be soon.
17th December 2013, 05:38 AM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtas29

Ok, thanks for info.
Hope someone is working hard and 8.1 version will be soon.

Have a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532021

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100
17th December 2013, 03:28 PM |#474  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
For the amount of times a question about 8.1 comes up, I wonder if the thread title should just be modified to clearly state [8.0 ONLY, NOT 8.1] or something like that
17th December 2013, 11:47 PM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Do you guys still believe in 8.1 jailbreak on anytime soon? I have stopped a while ago. Myriachan doesn't show us anything beside she's idea, and it seems that nobody else is think of working on that. Two weeks ago I have decided to upgrade to 8.1 and that was good move. Benefits from jailbreaked device is anyway not so big because lot's of program doesn't work anyway. But today I have decided to sold my Surface and give a chance to Asus T100. Surface is great device and I love it, I love it's design, touch cover, magnesium connectors (for keyboard and charger) but for today Windows RT without desktop apps and x86 compatibility is worth almost nothing. If Surface had x86 atom processor (baytrail would be nice) then it would be best tablet on the market ever. And I hope for that and will be waiting. Cheers and good luck with the jailbreak.
The Following User Says Thank You to ell82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ell82 Ad-Free
18th December 2013, 07:12 AM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I was looking into it, but not making much progress, and put it on hold when I heard Myriachan had something almost ready to go.
18th December 2013, 08:20 AM |#477  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
All the working exploits I know of (and I'm following this project closely, though my actual hacking efforts are focused on WP8 right now) either too unstable (bloody PatchGuard BS...) or are too sensitive (not safe to release publicly, at this time, for one reason or another). If Microsoft continues this anti-owner policy of denying us the ability to control what happens on our own devices and nothing better comes up, it's possible that something in the latter category will see the light of day, but in that case MS would probably patch it quickly.

The first jailbreak was a lovely piece of work; requiring user interaction but not onerous or confusing, stable (once the initial issues were resolved), harmless to the OS itself (cleared at reboot), and exploiting what is only in a very technical sense a security vulnerability (the boundary between user-mode Admin and kernel-mode had never really mattered before except as a "don't break anything by accident" safeguard). At this point, it looks likely that some of those features are not going to make it into the 8.1 jailbreak. People are still making progress (though seriously, it's the holidays; folks will be busy with other things), and if it were absolutely vital to release a jailbreak tomorrow, we could, but it is not ready for public release yet!
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
18th December 2013, 11:55 AM |#478  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 1,533

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

All the working exploits I know of (and I'm following this project closely, though my actual hacking efforts are focused on WP8 right now) either too unstable (bloody PatchGuard BS...) or are too sensitive (not safe to release publicly, at this time, for one reason or another). If Microsoft continues this anti-owner policy of denying us the ability to control what happens on our own devices and nothing better comes up, it's possible that something in the latter category will see the light of day, but in that case MS would probably patch it quickly.

The first jailbreak was a lovely piece of work; requiring user interaction but not onerous or confusing, stable (once the initial issues were resolved), harmless to the OS itself (cleared at reboot), and exploiting what is only in a very technical sense a security vulnerability (the boundary between user-mode Admin and kernel-mode had never really mattered before except as a "don't break anything by accident" safeguard). At this point, it looks likely that some of those features are not going to make it into the 8.1 jailbreak. People are still making progress (though seriously, it's the holidays; folks will be busy with other things), and if it were absolutely vital to release a jailbreak tomorrow, we could, but it is not ready for public release yet!

Don't forget we are in a developer forum. Everyone here is aware (or should be) of any possible effect of applying a patch or modifying a working OS environment. Not releasing a half-working solution publicly, dramatically reduces the chances of that solution to become the final solution by means of cooperation of other valued developers.
Acting this way, people having the solution in their hands, are acting just like MS when they think they are protecting us when they deny us the ability to choose what is useful or not for our devices.

And I say this with the utmost respect for you.

But we are going severely OT here....
The Following User Says Thank You to Topogigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Topogigi Ad-Free
18th December 2013, 05:36 PM |#479  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topogigi

Don't forget we are in a developer forum. Everyone here is aware (or should be) of any possible effect of applying a patch or modifying a working OS environment. Not releasing a half-working solution publicly, dramatically reduces the chances of that solution to become the final solution by means of cooperation of other valued developers.
Acting this way, people having the solution in their hands, are acting just like MS when they think they are protecting us when they deny us the ability to choose what is useful or not for our devices.

And I say this with the utmost respect for you.

But we are going severely OT here....

Actually think about the sheer number of people who are being directed here to get a jailbreak for their new devices, when you read through the app requests half of them are not developers and probably couldnt tell C++ from HTML.
18th December 2013, 06:38 PM |#480  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 1,533

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

Actually think about the sheer number of people who are being directed here to get a jailbreak for their new devices, when you read through the app requests half of them are not developers and probably couldnt tell C++ from HTML.

AFAIK this is the way everything had always worked here (at least since the day 1 from my subscription to this forum). A simple disclaimer with an explicit warranty exclusion should be enough to let your conscience stay secure. There will always be someone claiming you destroyed his/her device: that's part of the game. Take it or leave it, this still remains a developer forum: You can't stop the entire knowledge process only because someone not-so-skilled could self-harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Topogigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Topogigi Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 04:52 PM |#481  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ell82

Do you guys still believe in 8.1 jailbreak on anytime soon? I have stopped a while ago. Myriachan doesn't show us anything beside she's idea, and it seems that nobody else is think of working on that. Two weeks ago I have decided to upgrade to 8.1 and that was good move. Benefits from jailbreaked device is anyway not so big because lot's of program doesn't work anyway. But today I have decided to sold my Surface and give a chance to Asus T100. Surface is great device and I love it, I love it's design, touch cover, magnesium connectors (for keyboard and charger) but for today Windows RT without desktop apps and x86 compatibility is worth almost nothing. If Surface had x86 atom processor (baytrail would be nice) then it would be best tablet on the market ever. And I hope for that and will be waiting. Cheers and good luck with the jailbreak.

I got jailbroken 8.0 and untouched 8.1 in a dual boot configuration. If the value of jailbreak is not enough for you, then don't think that others' value is the same. For me its a HUDGE Advantage in 8.0 JB and I used everyday for a lot of different purposes. And I'm very thankful for that.
8.1 is pretty to Play around with and enjoy some new apps, but it cannot reach the functionality of the 8.0JB, which substitudes my Laptop in every way, except for playing x86-multiplayer games. If I understood you correctly, I think your post got a lack of respect. If not, then ignore my last sentence.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hack, jailbreak, windows, windows rt, winrt
Previous Thread Next Thread