By netham45, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 12:01 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
19th December 2013, 04:52 PM |#481  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ell82

Do you guys still believe in 8.1 jailbreak on anytime soon? I have stopped a while ago. Myriachan doesn't show us anything beside she's idea, and it seems that nobody else is think of working on that. Two weeks ago I have decided to upgrade to 8.1 and that was good move. Benefits from jailbreaked device is anyway not so big because lot's of program doesn't work anyway. But today I have decided to sold my Surface and give a chance to Asus T100. Surface is great device and I love it, I love it's design, touch cover, magnesium connectors (for keyboard and charger) but for today Windows RT without desktop apps and x86 compatibility is worth almost nothing. If Surface had x86 atom processor (baytrail would be nice) then it would be best tablet on the market ever. And I hope for that and will be waiting. Cheers and good luck with the jailbreak.

I got jailbroken 8.0 and untouched 8.1 in a dual boot configuration. If the value of jailbreak is not enough for you, then don't think that others' value is the same. For me its a HUDGE Advantage in 8.0 JB and I used everyday for a lot of different purposes. And I'm very thankful for that.
8.1 is pretty to Play around with and enjoy some new apps, but it cannot reach the functionality of the 8.0JB, which substitudes my Laptop in every way, except for playing x86-multiplayer games. If I understood you correctly, I think your post got a lack of respect. If not, then ignore my last sentence.
19th December 2013, 10:38 PM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Blade, I think you do not understood me because I have a lot of respect for this forum and all of xda-developers members. As you can see Im here not from yesterday but for very long time, when almost nobody knows what smartphone is (there was a Pocket PC branding then yet). My point was of course only my opinion. I agree that 8.0 jailbreak is a huge advantage but it's still not final x86 emulation (even after about 12 months after release) and because of that there is a lot of programs that doesn't work. Even such basic as Total Commander which I use daily on my laptop and can't live without it. I know there is a port of Far Commander (? not sure the name) but it looks like 20 years old Norton Commander and I can't use it, really. Most of the working programs was not useful for me, also these which was compiled for arm. Once again I have a lot of respect and Im thankful to mamaich, netham45 and all other developers but I have decided to not staying with Surface RT anytime more and will wait for Surface with atom processor And in the mean time I have just bought Asus T100 which suites me best for now, even without superb microsoft touch cover
20th December 2013, 03:49 PM |#483  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Ahhh ok, sorry for missunderstanding you. Last time i used Norton Commander, it was on Novel Dos 7 with a 486 DX-40, where all others used MS Dos xD
I must admit, that I would be more happy with a Surface pro and a real Windows 8 / 8.1 to completely substitude my Laptop, but the RT was a gift of a friend and i appreciate it. And with the amazing work here in this Forum RT is actually become very usefull for me
21st December 2013, 08:18 AM |#484  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
For what it's worth, @Topogigi, I have suggested that one of the working jailbreak hacks which exists right now might be worth releasing, for reasons much like you say. However, it is not my work and it would not be ethical of me to release it against the author's desire. Besides, I can see the validity of the author's arguments as well. My point of view probably differs from that of many people, because I stuck to 8.0 and therefore can use the existing hack without feeling the urgency to release a new one, but trust me when I say that there are also valid arguments against releasing it at this time. I am concerned about the loss of usefulness of peoples' tablets, and about the decline in the population of people working to make RT more useful, but you are still asking more than you know. This is not like the original jailbreak, where people took an awkward and unstable hack and made it user-friendly and reliable. The risk of self-harm is actually relatively mild; I personally would be more concerned about risk to the entire Windows ecosystem if this were released prematurely. The version being developed for release isn't even based on that hack; it's too risky.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 09:00 AM |#485  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 1,533

More
Thank you very much for your very explanatory post, now I better understand your point of view (and the author's too, someway).
24th December 2013, 04:53 PM |#486  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hey guys, i'm new here
I just buoght now surface rt windows 8.1
I have one question, is this ver can work also on rt windows 8.1. Or only work on rt windows 8?
Thanks alot.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
24th December 2013, 07:57 PM |#487  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
only on Windows rt 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir.Adel

Hey guys, i'm new here
I just buoght now surface rt windows 8.1
I have one question, is this ver can work also on rt windows 8.1. Or only work on rt windows 8?
Thanks alot.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to AENIGMA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AENIGMA Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 05:39 PM |#488  
Flag Santos
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I tried to install the hack using 1.20 version but it doesn't work. It simply hangs and doesn't do anything. But the 1.13a works. Sorry for sounding so stupid, but is it okay to use the 1,13a instead the 1.20?
30th December 2013, 07:53 PM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgu

I tried to install the hack using 1.20 version but it doesn't work. It simply hangs and doesn't do anything. But the 1.13a works. Sorry for sounding so stupid, but is it okay to use the 1,13a instead the 1.20?

If it works, roll with it.
30th December 2013, 09:16 PM |#490  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgu

I still use 1.13a myself. It never stopped working so I've never felt the need update...
31st December 2013, 12:22 AM |#491  
Flag Santos
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

If it works, roll with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domboy

I still use 1.13a myself. It never stopped working so I've never felt the need update...

Awesome, thanks. After all upgrades, 1.20 worked but it takes longer than 1.13a. So, I will stay with this one.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hack, jailbreak, windows, windows rt, winrt
Previous Thread Next Thread