[Resolved] (guide xperia m) rooting , reboot fix, and swapping internal memory

Search This thread

jinishpv

Mar 25, 2013
Alleppey
first of all all the tools and steps in this post is not mine . i had tried to bring all these things in to one thread

note:first thing first ,follow the steps from A,B,.....D
A-rooting

1-download framroot
2-install framroot
3-open framroot
4-u have to select install supersu
5-then select gandalf exploit wait for few seconds a pop up message comes sucess ..........
6-do nothing the phone will reboot itself when the phone turns on u will see super su is installed and u have ur xperia m rooted

note: some time ur phone will b rooted with the first attempt but i had tried these steps 3 times to get rooted my xperia m for the first time first time . but some time u will get rooted ur phone with single attempt so dont worry

B-busybox

1-download busybox
2-install busybox and open it wait for some time and grand super su request
3-wait for some time busybox loads tweaks after loading completes there is a install button on bottom left corner click install then choose normal
4-busy box installs tweaks after compleation of installation sucess popup message comes
5-installation of busy box is sucessfull

note:some time the phone will reboot in between the busybox installation dont worry follow from the 3rd steps. this is because of the system folder read write error

C-reboot fix (sucessfull system read/write)

1-download reboot fix.rar
2-unrar it on ur pc
3-turn on usb debugging on ur phone and connect to ur pc(sony pc companion should b installed in ur pc)
4-run supersu.bat
5-follow the instructions on the pc screen

note:without sucessful busybox installation the reboot fix will not work try these reboot fix steps several times if u r not sucessful

D-swapping internal memory

1-download extsd2internalsd_xz.txt and scriptmanager
2-install scriptmanager
3-copy the .txt file to /data folder
4-open scriptmanager and select browse as root and grand supersu permissions
5-navigate to /data folder on scriptmanager and long press the extsd2internal_xz.txt and select open As... then select Script/Executable
6-then select su and boot and select save
7-suddenly the .txt file will turn to yellow colour turn off ur phone annd turn on u will see a swapped internal to external sd

note:if the reboot fix is not sucessful ur phone will constantly reboot after the 7th step then u have to uninstall the script manager to solve this

this is how i done all these thanks for all the all orginal developers who found these tweaks

Attachments

• extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
    111 bytes · Views: 25,083
  • Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
    2 MB · Views: 16,128
  • stericson.busybox-1.apk
    4.7 MB · Views: 22,941

C25

Dec 6, 2012
Mumbai
Storage!!!!!!

It show
my internal storage is same as sd card
i.e.Internal 2.05 gb - sd 2.05gb
my sd card is 16gb class 4
look the screenshot!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-03-22-43-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-22-43-30.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4,479

shshnk

Sep 6, 2013
Works Fine!!

Hey,

Thanks a lot. :good::laugh: It works perfectly. Just wanted to know if the apps I installed need to be kept installed (eg. smanager) or can they be uninstalled after it is swapped?

Thanks in advance
Shashank

Hey,

Thanks a lot. :good::laugh: It works perfectly. Just wanted to know if the apps I installed need to be kept installed (eg. smanager) or can they be uninstalled after it is swapped?

Thanks in advance
Shashank

Done rooting n installed busy box in xbin.....instlled pipm my rom n instld init.d support....phone reboots continiously after sony logo plz hlp!!!!

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

7lucky7

Aug 29, 2012
Can we partition the SD card so that some of it appears as external storage and allows apps such as app2sd to move the data stored on the internal storage to move to external storage and free up space that way instead??

Sent from my C1905 using xda app-developers app

foxy2k

Sep 14, 2013
help! xperia c1905 swap sdcard error

Can we partition the SD card so that some of it appears as external storage and allows apps such as app2sd to move the data stored on the internal storage to move to external storage and free up space that way instead??

i also follow all steps A-D and attempt many times, at last it should be fully successed.run sciptmanager also work.
i open ES file explorer to check sdcard has been swaped. sdcard0=>external sd 16Gb card and sdcard1=>internal 2Gb.
i use link2sd to move some apps to my sdcard 16Gb, but an Warning occurred: "App2SD is not supported by ur device. becoz ur device has a primary external storage which is emulated form the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to ur SD card."
so i cant move my apps to my sdcard 16Gb. what happen and why?
anybody know whats wrong ???
Plz help me out that problem. thx....

C25

Dec 6, 2012
Mumbai
i also follow all steps A-D and attempt many times, at last it should be fully successed.run sciptmanager also work.
i open ES file explorer to check sdcard has been swaped. sdcard0=>external sd 16Gb card and sdcard1=>internal 2Gb.
i use link2sd to move some apps to my sdcard 16Gb, but an Warning occurred: "App2SD is not supported by ur device. becoz ur device has a primary external storage which is emulated form the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to ur SD card."
so i cant move my apps to my sdcard 16Gb. what happen and why?
anybody know whats wrong ???
Plz help me out that problem. thx....

It show
my internal storage is same as sd card
i.e.Internal 2.05 gb - sd 2.05gb
my sd card is 16gb class 4
look the screenshot!!!!!!

just try this one if working for anyone?(reboot many times to see)

my storage changes after every reboot.

Attachments

• extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
    97 bytes · Views: 2,456
Last edited:

7lucky7

Aug 29, 2012
Anyone know what new features will be available on the next firmware update?? Will they reconfigure the storage settings to show move apps to SD?? Anything else known??

shrbshow

Sep 1, 2013
Sony Xperia M

Hey Guys,
I have bought Sony Xperia M phone yesterday and I found out that we need to root for moving apps to SD card,
Please tell what should be done after rooting in order to the move the apps to SD card.
Please help!!!!!!!!

foxy2k

Sep 14, 2013
xperia M c1905 rooted but fail2 move apps2 sd

bought two week. rooted and system r/w fixed. also swap internal sd and external sd.
but not work move apps to sd under android 4.1.2 jelly bean.
is it bugs for ics and jelly bean with this?
i checked xperia system emulated internal sd to "/data/media" not to partition.
any idea create one partition then remount the sd with this partition can solve the problem?
any body help!!!!
do v downgrade to gingerbread? so v can move Apps to SD huh? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all all the tools and steps in this post is not mine . i had tried to bring all these things in to one thread

note:first thing first ,follow the steps from A,B,.....D
    A-rooting

1-download framroot
    2-install framroot
    3-open framroot
    4-u have to select install supersu
    5-then select gandalf exploit wait for few seconds a pop up message comes sucess ..........
    6-do nothing the phone will reboot itself when the phone turns on u will see super su is installed and u have ur xperia m rooted

note: some time ur phone will b rooted with the first attempt but i had tried these steps 3 times to get rooted my xperia m for the first time first time . but some time u will get rooted ur phone with single attempt so dont worry

B-busybox

1-download busybox
    2-install busybox and open it wait for some time and grand super su request
    3-wait for some time busybox loads tweaks after loading completes there is a install button on bottom left corner click install then choose normal
    4-busy box installs tweaks after compleation of installation sucess popup message comes
    5-installation of busy box is sucessfull

note:some time the phone will reboot in between the busybox installation dont worry follow from the 3rd steps. this is because of the system folder read write error

C-reboot fix (sucessfull system read/write)

1-download reboot fix.rar
    2-unrar it on ur pc
    3-turn on usb debugging on ur phone and connect to ur pc(sony pc companion should b installed in ur pc)
    4-run supersu.bat
    5-follow the instructions on the pc screen

note:without sucessful busybox installation the reboot fix will not work try these reboot fix steps several times if u r not sucessful

D-swapping internal memory

1-download extsd2internalsd_xz.txt and scriptmanager
    2-install scriptmanager
    3-copy the .txt file to /data folder
    4-open scriptmanager and select browse as root and grand supersu permissions
    5-navigate to /data folder on scriptmanager and long press the extsd2internal_xz.txt and select open As... then select Script/Executable
    6-then select su and boot and select save
    7-suddenly the .txt file will turn to yellow colour turn off ur phone annd turn on u will see a swapped internal to external sd

note:if the reboot fix is not sucessful ur phone will constantly reboot after the 7th step then u have to uninstall the script manager to solve this

this is how i done all these thanks for all the all orginal developers who found these tweaks
    So, I did it all and my storage swapped too. But now, **** is that all the apps are still going the internal memory way. And yes, the memories are swapped according to the phone.

What do I do now?

Apps will be installed on phone memory but the app data will be on sdcard.

Sent from public phone using coins.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Och, bad news. Thank you.
    Does anybody know, what works on M dual?

No solution yet. You should wait.:sly::sly:

Sent from public phone using coins.
    Follow the steps as a,b,c,d

Sent from my C5302 using xda premium

still not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Use root explorer,mount /data directory as r/w, then copy,after use script manager as per instructions.

Sent from my C1904 using xda app-developers app
    Yes

Temporary means if I update my mobile to a new software release then root will go right?

Thanks

Yes, Until then, You have a permanent root, enjoy.. :)