FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][HELP]Kernel Development Help Needed

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By Draciel882, Senior Member on 21st March 2012, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone! I'm in dire need of some kernel help. I've ported the One V RUU to the Amaze but I can't get it to boot. So I need someone that is willing to help me build a kernel and get this thing booting so I can share it with the rest of the community. If anyone is willing to help out, PM me preferably or post here. Thanks! I'm begging now! haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draciel882 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Draciel882 Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 12:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I guess porting the rom is porting the kernel in a first place, which is not possible at least while htc will release a source for it. again, just my guess
22nd March 2012, 12:07 AM |#3  
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciel882

Hey everyone! I'm in dire need of some kernel help. I've ported the One V RUU to the Amaze but I can't get it to boot. So I need someone that is willing to help me build a kernel and get this thing booting so I can share it with the rest of the community. If anyone is willing to help out, PM me preferably or post here. Thanks! I'm begging now! haha

Try sending a message to faux. He's the kernel man
22nd March 2012, 12:09 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alberta, Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

Try sending a message to faux. He's the kernel man

I did send Faux and message but he is extremely busy and doesn't have time to build a kernel.
22nd March 2012, 12:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,084

More
I asked for help on another forum I frequent. Currently there are no Amaze developers there but there are good developers there.
22nd March 2012, 01:38 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,075

More
Thanks to a former Inc member who asked for my help, I can give a bit of device.

I'm not going to really try to support or figure out a kernel on a device I don't own, but a couple of things to try.

Does Amaze have ICS on AOSP? If so try the kernel from that.

There may need to be a kernel source code merge to get touchscreen working. Take an existing GB Sense kernel and try to boot ICS with it. Any errors or issues still booting? If so you'll need to try and modify the boot.img from the One V (Primo) and make it work on Amaze (Ruby) or modify Ruby's boot.img to work on the Primo.

I'm not going to bang my head over a phone I don't own but hopefully this can get you started.

When in doubt, try to debug why it won't boot with logcat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tiny4579 Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 02:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alberta, Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Thanks to a former Inc member who asked for my help, I can give a bit of device.

I'm not going to really try to support or figure out a kernel on a device I don't own, but a couple of things to try.

There may need to be a kernel source code merge to get touchscreen working. Take an existing GB Sense kernel and try to boot ICS with it. Any errors or issues still booting? If so you'll need to try and modify the boot.img from the One V (Primo) and make it work on Amaze (Ruby) or modify Ruby's boot.img to work on the Primo.

I'm not going to bang my head over a phone I don't own but hopefully this can get you started.

When in doubt, try to debug why it won't boot with logcat.

I have tried to boot it with both a GB and an ICS kernel. I've also taken the Primo kernel and attempted to edit it but I think I may have done it wrong :/

Also I've tried to logcat but it doesn't work because it doesn't boot far enough to enable logcat. But I had a previous logcat and I'll post it right away.

Sent from my Bulletproof HTC Amaze 4G
22nd March 2012, 02:10 AM |#8  
Flag Tacoma, WA
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Pa ha ha ha ha!! ICS? AOSP? On the Amaze? That'll be the day...

Sorry I know that wasn't very constructive...If I had experience building kernels i'd definitely volunteer but seeing as i have very limited experience developing anything i'm afraid i'm useless.
22nd March 2012, 02:13 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alberta, Canada

More
Here's the logcat.

http://db.tt/3g2h1d7r

22nd March 2012, 02:18 AM |#10  
Flag Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling_Diggity

Sorry I know that wasn't very constructive...If I had experience building kernels i'd definitely volunteer but seeing as i have very limited experience developing anything i'm afraid i'm useless.

GB AOSP would be nice...

But he doesn't really know anything about how development is on this phone, except for the 2-3 sentences on told him about how the ROM is ported, just no kernel yet.

Thanks for coming over Tiny.
22nd March 2012, 02:20 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alberta, Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling_Diggity

Also just so you know, there is a ICS AOSP ROM for the Amaze.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)