[ROM][JB] MIUI 3.2.1 for Samsung Infuse [PORT]

Search This thread

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Reversion build of 2.9.14 is UP on Jokersax.com. It's based on the older scott.hart.bi CM10 build, so it should be more compatible with MIUI, which is still a bit behind on Android version :)

AOKP reversion will come later tonight...

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
I GET THE SAME THING! thank you for this LOL

this is what i do:

Reboot into CWM, Wipe data/cache/dalvik
Go into advanced, report error and show log.
reboot recovery Flash base.

At this point if you get the boot loop, 3finger back into CWM (sometimes it takes me 2 times, maybe because my finger slips, but yeah)
in CWM go to advanced again, report error and show log and DO NOT reboot recovery, Flash the BASE again

this time it should boot. Now reboot into recovery, report error/show log and reboot recovery.
flash the options chooser. upon reboot it might take you back into CWM, just reboot system.

I noticed on the first flash of the base which causes the bootloop after the installation it shows that it has an error setting some permissions which is why it might need a second flash.

This process might be lengthy and idk what the hell it does. but thats how i got it to work.
I hope Th3Bill sees this and has some input :)

Ill post a log of the first flash that causes the bootloop later on.

EDIT: and Th3Bill is currently working on a version with a different CM base because the newest one might not be compatible with MIUI which is causing google account, SMS and Browser FC's. Thanks Bill!
EDIT2: after looking over my post, this process is pretty much just after the first flash it boot loops, 3 finger and flash again without rebooting recovery. LOL over explaining :D

Simple solution, Curly and everyone who is having problems with aroma. I went back and read Yuma's installation instructions (I could be wrong but I believe this is the AOKP that 3Bill ports). His instructions says to remove your external SD card. I did, and the ROM flashed like a charm!!!!!! If it works for one aroma, it should work for all......anyway it's worth a try.....the only pita is that our SD card is located under the battery and it's upside down!!!

Hope this helps someone's frustration level:laugh:

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Simple solution, Curly and everyone who is having problems with aroma. I went back and read Yuma's installation instructions (I could be wrong but I believe this is the AOKP that 3Bill ports). His instructions says to remove your external SD card. I did, and the ROM flashed like a charm!!!!!! If it works for one aroma, it should work for all......anyway it's worth a try.....the only pita is that our SD card is located under the battery and it's upside down!!!

Hope this helps someone's frustration level:laugh:

Nope...I don't port theirs....my AOKP is ported from my Photon one (like all my Infuse builds). I actually have 2.0 done...they're still on 1.0 (I also had 1.0 done before their release :D )

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Nope...I don't port theirs....my AOKP is ported from my Photon one (like all my Infuse builds). I actually have 2.0 done...they're still on 1.0 (I also had 1.0 done before their release :D )

OK, I thought you had said something about Yuma one time. I just flashed your 2.0, but was having all kinds of problems boot looping. Anyway, took out the SD card and it worked like a charm. So far it looks good!!!! Thanks!!

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
OK, I thought you had said something about Yuma one time. I just flashed your 2.0, but was having all kinds of problems boot looping. Anyway, took out the SD card and it worked like a charm. So far it looks good!!!! Thanks!!

Well as long as it works! lol
ill try that out next time

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Reversion build of 2.9.14 is UP on Jokersax.com. It's based on the older scott.hart.bi CM10 build, so it should be more compatible with MIUI, which is still a bit behind on Android version :)

AOKP reversion will come later tonight...

Everything working cept the HWA me thinks :D!
i can getchya a log :)

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am

It's because the base CM10 that I use doesn't have the patch built into it. I have verified with scott.hart.bi. He hadn't seen that patch. I'm unsure if he'll put it into his CM10, as he says he has very little lag. If you have a root access file manager, you can just delete the apk for it, and it will be all good.

How's it running otherwise?

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
It's because the base CM10 that I use doesn't have the patch built into it. I have verified with scott.hart.bi. He hadn't seen that patch. I'm unsure if he'll put it into his CM10, as he says he has very little lag. If you have a root access file manager, you can just delete the apk for it, and it will be all good.

How's it running otherwise?

I wound up flashing back to 8/29. None of my apps seem to want to work.....they won't even open...couldn't sign in to gmail or play store.

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
I think everyone is going to be REALLY happy with me. I am going to be able to eliminate the need for report error, show log (unless you have a failed installation of a previous build). Reason we had needed to do report error show log was to remove the prop choices that you had previously made, as they could affect how your system installed. I am inputting scripts into all my aroma zips from now on that deletes those prop choices at the end of installation :D

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
I think everyone is going to be REALLY happy with me. I am going to be able to eliminate the need for report error, show log (unless you have a failed installation of a previous build). Reason we had needed to do report error show log was to remove the prop choices that you had previously made, as they could affect how your system installed. I am inputting scripts into all my aroma zips from now on that deletes those prop choices at the end of installation :D

I'm already happy with you! :cool:

DarkAgent

Aug 5, 2010
I'm a bit confused as to how to flash this. I'm coming from MIUI Gingerbread version. I'm confused about what you say to do under advanced and when to wipe data. Do we wipe caches, etc?

Thanks!

Reactions: ibCurlyFry

ibCurlyFry

Oct 1, 2011
I'm a bit confused as to how to flash this. I'm coming from MIUI Gingerbread version. I'm confused about what you say to do under advanced and when to wipe data. Do we wipe caches, etc?

Thanks!

If in not mistaken, to safely go to JB from GB for the first time you must first pass through ics.
So

1. Get CM9 ICS, and this ROM's base and options chooser on your SD (internal preferably)
2. Backup everything in the miui backup/ restore app. Reboot into CWM and nandroid backup.
3. Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Flash CM9 ICS. Reboot system.
4. After its all loaded, reboot back into CWM, go to 'advanced'. Hit 'report error' and 'show log'. Reboot Recovery. Then flash the base. reboot system. (if it boot loops or gets stuck at boot screen for like 10 mins try removing external SD card or 3finger into CWM and flash base again.
5. Throw your phone out the window. ( jk )
6. After its all loaded, boot back into CWM, report error/ show log, flash options chooser. Reboot system. Done

there is probably a shorter way, but I've used this 3 times from both stock GB and miui GB and its worked. :)

Ashialeigh

Jul 12, 2012
okay it went thru but at the end it say sucsessfully installed but at the bottom it says assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater. sh") == 0 and its been there for about an hour now idk whats going on ... its done this like 4 times now . I'm so lost

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    footerLogo.png

MIUI Jellybean Builds

By

Th3Bill
    Trialsrider1
    Pony Express

ROM INFO
    • Latest MIUIAndroid Version:[/U][/B] 3.2.1
    • Latest MIUI.us Version:[/U][/B] 2.12.28
    • CM10 Version:[/U][/B] 11.04 by scott.hart.bti

How To Flash​
    1. Place ROM onto phone storage
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Make a Nandroid
    4. WIPE!!
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Install OPTIONS or Gapps
    • WIKI/FAQ Located: To be reworked

Bugs??:
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Videocamera : Use VideoCam Illusion
      Slight Lag possible on screen transitions
      USB tether
    The graphics related issues are due to not having proper drivers to use for this. Don't ask for an ETA on a fix. Moto won't be giving us the drivers, so there is no fix

If you need to report a NEW bug, report it once, and the next TWO people VERIFY it. I don't need everyone reporting same bug 20 times. I you can, provide me the following information:
    1. Version you're using
    2. What type of fwipe you did and what ROM you came from
    3. Have you restored any data from something like Titanium Backup
    4. What app is misbehaving and what you were doing when it started
    5. Logcats<--THIS IS PREFERRED.

If you don't know how to logcat, go HERE and learn. This really nice guy took the time to write out a good how to :)

When you have a LOGCAT and would like to post it, please go to pastebin and post it in there, then LINK that location in this thread...I don't want to see them posted directly in here.

Downloads:
    • MIUI.us file is Located HERE
    • MIUIAndroid file is Located HERE

Credits:​
    • MIUI.us Team-for US translation and
    • MIUIAndrouid Team-for GB translation
    • scott.hart.bti=For the CM10 base I use and for helping me with source building :)
    • Jokersax11-for being my initial inspiration on Photon, being a cool guy, and helping me along in my early days
    • Amarullz=for creating the Aroma Installer
    • Spleef-for collaborating on those first builds that got me into Android
    • All my testers and users
    • Anyone else I may have forgotten :)

GITHUB (FOR KERNEL SOURCE)-GPL COMPLIANCE HERE

See Post 2 for More Info :)
    CHANGELOG

Remember Everyone...not ALL of these will apply to our devices

Full changelog MIUI ROM 2.12.7

[Phone]
    Optimization reduced the volume of notification tone during a call
    Optimization country code is prohibited from inputting while customizing attribution
    Fixed inaccurate call duration shown during a call
    Fixed keyboard cannot pop up during the “Call before editing” function

[Messaging]
    Fixed SMS type prompt error in the SMS input box in some cases
    Fixed insufficient number of contacts are recommended while creating a new message

[Lock screen, status bar, notification bar]
    Fixed lock screen music interface playback status display error
    Fixed lock screen variety frame display error caused by zooming

[Theme]
    Optimized batch conversion processing of old theme packages
    Optimized reduce the size of the storage space occupied by imported themes
    Optimized sorting of recently downloaded local resource list
    Optimized theme list loading speed
    Fixed pages sometimes can not be loaded after clicking on recommended themes
    Fixed inconsistencies between local themes state and online theme state
    Fixed old files are not deleted when updating
    Fixed user is not prompted to restart the phone when applying a new font
    Fixed current application is not displayed correctly while running mix and match modules
    Fixed in some cases clicking the "Write a review" button does not give any response
    Fixed quickly switching ringtone length results in a display error
    Fixed setting the lock screen wallpaper to the same as your desktop wallpaper causes the desktop wallpaper enlarged
    Fixed local ringtones list page is not in accordance with the ringtones in "My Downloads" and “Default ringtones”

[Gallery]
    Added the blacklist mechanism to automatically filter and hide common ads and cache albums

[Compass]
    Fixed calibration failure in some non-Xiaomi phones

[Anti-disturb]
    Fixed when adding the blacklist and importing log, inadvertently tapping the screen leads to cancel the import

[Notes]
    Fixed when alarm volume is muted, notes reminder will FC

Update highlights of MIUI 2.11.30

1. New location services on MIUI Voice Assistant (for Chinese users)
    2. Enhanced lock screen loading speed (less lag than previously, wallpaper will not show before unlock)
    3. Search history can be shown in App Market.(for Chinese users)

Full changelog:

[Messaging]
    Fix MMS thumbnail display problems in certain circumstances
    Optimised E-mail, URL sent via SMS can be added to the contact info of senders easily
    [Themes]
    Fix photo frame and clock skin cannot be changed
    Added support for the theme ratings and reviews
    Optimise to hide theme temporary files to prevent images in the temporary files folder appearing in the gallery
    Fix in some cases, theme status displays incorrectly after being downloaded
    Fix some theme modules fail to be applied
    [Lock screen, status bar, notification bar]
    New variety lock screen framework support, delay unlock (animation playback before unlocking)
    Fix variety lock screen framework, the sliding control state results in errors in some cases
    Optimised lock screen loading speed
    New in variety lock screen framework, added state variables of sliding components unlocking target point variables
    OP Updated. Files have been moved...AGAIN! I'm now operating on my own site. I got tired of Goo's lost downloads and SF telling me that my rate of starting new projects was too high (I have 20 and they were stopping me at 14..when I tried to open a second account, they got smart and stopped that one to...LOL). So, now I am operating on

www.th3bill.com

scott and I have joined forces to form Team ToolBag and have a site for that as well

www.teamtoolbag.us

Cheers!
    Sorry I've been a bit out of touch guys. I didn't forget all of you....I just have had a lot going on with my life and all. In a very good way!

I now have custody of all 3 of my daughters! :D
    I've been out of town all weekend. Hopefully will be home tonight and can restart my help. My builds are done for miuiscotland so should plenty of free time.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium