Root for ND8 Not Working

Search This thread

appzattak

Sep 17, 2008
Twin Falls, ID
I just got a replacement phone this morning and it came with the KK update already installed. I found this link in another thread, http://www.nasirtech.blogspot.in/2014/05/root-l710vpudnd8-android-442-stock.html

I tried this a couple of times and each time it says it worked but SU will not work at all. I also tried to flash (through ODIN) Philz Rec and it will not flash. I do not get any errors, it is just not working as expected. I also tried a different version of ODIN and still nothing.

What is the best way to get root on this bad boy? Funny in Download mode it shows that binary and system status is "custom" and warranty bit is "1" which indicates I should have a custom recovery but I don't.

appzattak

Sep 17, 2008
Twin Falls, ID
Not sure what further info is needed? That link you provide is not for me. I already have that installed. I suppose I could use that method but was hoping to not have to reset the phone as I already set it up.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Not sure what further info is needed? That link you provide is not for me. I already have that installed. I suppose I could use that method but was hoping to not have to reset the phone as I already set it up.

Your binary status and custom versus official has little correlation with whether you actually have a functioning, rooted device.

You currently do not have root; and, you indicate that you have installed custom recovery? If so, have you tried flashing the latest SU from recovery?

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
"...... which indicates I should have a custom recovery but I don't."

Sorry, from reading your post, I thought u were trying to flash md8 and root and that you were unsuccessful in getting a custom recovery on the phone
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2