10,010 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,447

By DerTeufel1980, Recognized Developer on 1st September 2012, 12:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2012, 11:28 AM |#101  
Flag worcester
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just flashed is from yesterday night and I might say there has been no problems at all. It's very smooth and sweet.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kwartey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwartey Ad-Free

5th September 2012, 01:01 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
To those on build 9/4, are the sleeping issues that were in 9/1 gone?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
5th September 2012, 01:06 PM |#103  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR88

To those on build 9/4, are the sleeping issues that were in 9/1 gone?

If you follow the suggested settings in previous posts you shouldn't have any issues with deep sleep. I myself have never had any problems pertaining to sleep because of the settings I use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=73

@Der - 0904 is running as smooth as the other builds have for me. Will test GPS later today.
5th September 2012, 02:59 PM |#104  
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Ddanc I toggled GPS off and then rebooted and toggled it on and it initializes perfectly. I get 4 of 7 satellites to lock with only 40m accuracy outdoors. Der maybe you are delaying GPS too long in init.rc causing us to have to do this toggle trick to initialize it properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to hurtz777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtz777 Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 03:36 PM |#105  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 27,447

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtz777

Ddanc I toggled GPS off and then rebooted and toggled it on and it initializes perfectly. I get 4 of 7 satellites to lock with only 40m accuracy outdoors. Der maybe you are delaying GPS too long in init.rc causing us to have to do this toggle trick to initialize it properly.

At least it is an workaround
I hope I can get it to work better the next days.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DerTeufel1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2012, 03:59 PM |#106  
Flag McKinney, TX
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtz777

I haven't tested outside yet but back on the 8/17 build I think it would take a couple of minutes to lock both initially and after sleep. Initial lock would be crap accuracy but it would go from like 49-50m to like 25-30m and pick up another bird or two in a couple more minutes and then after 5 minutes it would lock on more birds and I think best I got was like 4-5m which is about all you can expect. Subsequent locks were fast until after sleep.

Edit: Tested for a few minutes outside. Best accuracy I could get was 9-15m. I was showing a lot of birds and like 7-8 out of 13 with decent signal but it would only lock on 4-5 of them.

Locks, TTF, recovery etc seems to be fickle and vary from one ROM/Kernel to the next and phone to phone and mine has always been on the low end....lol. I finally did a version of the hardware upgrade and it helped signal strength somewhat dramatically (about 30% better signal strength) however GPS on the Vibe has always been suspect and expecting it to be perfect or work flawlessly on every ROM is delusional. Some ROM/kernel/phone combinations are great and then you can switch to another ROM for awhile to satisfy your inner crackflasher and then go back to a nandroid from your previous ROM and now GPS will not be as good. It's a prime example of a crapshoot.
5th September 2012, 04:41 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnifarious

Permissions. You can use Root Explorer or something similar with root/superuser to change the permissions of the file.

I gave Swiftkey all the permissions available but it's still automatically disabled when I mount my phone.

5th September 2012, 05:15 PM |#108  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 182

More
while installing new version it says some simlinks failed .......and bootloops into recovery .....I wiped everything I was on 0828 before
5th September 2012, 05:21 PM |#109  
Flag McKinney, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarshfrevr

while installing new version it says some simlinks failed .......and bootloops into recovery .....I wiped everything I was on 0828 before

Bad download? Check the hash?
5th September 2012, 05:24 PM |#110  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 182

More
I downloaded it twice but no change ......help me out ...I'm back to 0828
5th September 2012, 05:35 PM |#111  
Flag McKinney, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarshfrevr

I downloaded it twice but no change ......help me out ...I'm back to 0828

If you're on 8/28 I don't think you need to wipe. Check the hash of your download before flashing. DL twice doesn't mean anything unless the hashes match. Check the op and be sure you're following the right instructions. I came from an 8/17 nandroid and when it rebooted to recovery and had a lot of error messages, I had to flash again. So the process for me was flash, reboot to recovery, flash again, flash GAPPS, reboot normally. Beyond that I"m not sure what to tell you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)