Few Questions about G Pro F240L

Search This thread

sixpathofpain

Dec 30, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to this thread can someone will answer my few questions to my g pro f240l. So lets roll out first is it is purely stock 4.1.2 how will i remove 80sms character limit on texting? and seems i live on philippines every time i put my sim card it says roaming but can receive local text messages thanks!

colddecked

Jan 18, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to this thread can someone will answer my few questions to my g pro f240l. So lets roll out first is it is purely stock 4.1.2 how will i remove 80sms character limit on texting? and seems i live on philippines every time i put my sim card it says roaming but can receive local text messages thanks!

I was in the same situation as you, im in the philippines and recently picked up a f240l. The easiest way to fix it is rooting, then install cwm (remember to backup), and flash the v5 g2 apps rom, then baseband. This basically converts our f240 to e988. I highly recommend that as a starting point. You can.find all the instructions here on xda or you can check out the g pro section over at optimusforums.com. Good luck.

Last edited:

sixpathofpain

Dec 30, 2011
I was in the same situation as you, im in the philippines and recently picked up a f240l. The easiest way to fix it is rooting, then install cwm (remember to backup), and flash the v5 g2 apps rom, then baseband. This basically converts our f240 to e988. I highly recommend that as a starting point. You can.find all the instructions here on xda or you can check out the g pro section over at optimusforums.com. Good luck.

so how will i do the backup and i will be needed a external sd card for that? thanks do you have facebook? so we can talk easier.

colddecked

Jan 18, 2012
so how will i do the backup and i will be needed a external sd card for that? thanks do you have facebook? so we can talk easier.

I think you can backup to the internal memory, but i did it to an sd, then copied it to my computer. For rooting you dont need an external but for the flashing i used one. Just msg me your fb name.

moss19

Jun 16, 2014
hello guys, im from philippines to. can you help me to in that same issue? thanks!

romikavinda

Jun 14, 2014
Colombo
Sphinx G pro V1.5

you can flash Sphinx Gpro ROM which is based on the stock (so all the cool Functionalities of the phone is still intact). There is a step by step guide to root and flash cwm. Might need to use Google translate because the site is in Vietnamese. :laugh: