** Official 2.1 UK UPDATE Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Can a mod please delete this thread fully. I am pulling the project and going to stock rom until i learn alot more about this crap.

sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited:

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
Just FYI:

DO NOT FLASH THIS OR IT WILL WIPE YOUR ROOT & YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK!

Unless for some crazy reason you don't want root...

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Did you actually witness radio flashing while flashing OTA? Try rebooting one more time to see. If there's no mention of .11 version in system/about, it didn't flash correctly.

P.S. can you make nandroid dump of your newly flashed device? (Just the system.img ofc)

I sat and watched it flash the radio img I made an update.zip signed for it. Going to flash it again give me a moment.

Eddie1506

Feb 19, 2010
Zagreb
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9 Pro
I sat and watched it flash the radio img I made an update.zip signed for it. Going to flash it again give me a moment.

Ah, so you didn't flash the whole OTA, just radio.img.

Maybe you put a wrong radio.img in the zip by mistake :)

I would flash the radio myself, but there's no need for me as I have an even newer version (.14 from Asia release three days ago)

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Ah, so you didn't flash the whole OTA, just radio.img.

Maybe you put a wrong radio.img in the zip by mistake :)

I would flash the radio myself, but there's no need for me as I have an even newer version (.14 from Asia release three days ago)

I have just sat and done the radio again.... about > version
63.18.55.06PH_6.35.15.11 ;)

I packed the wrong radio haha!

Stringy

Jun 6, 2010
Just to clarify - I'm not that fussed about root at the moment but I guess I might want to have it at some stage. If I take this update I won't be able to roll back to a stock rom or do some sort of hard reset in order to be able to start from fresh in order to get root?

mgillespie

Apr 21, 2010
Just to clarify - I'm not that fussed about root at the moment but I guess I might want to have it at some stage. If I take this update I won't be able to roll back to a stock rom or do some sort of hard reset in order to be able to start from fresh in order to get root?

It will overwrite your recovery image, and does have have root, or the exploit used in the past to get root.

So, unless you like the possibility of never being able to load a custom ROM, DON'T INSTALL THIS... Wait for a repack.

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Does this need http://liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.93-2.73.405.5_release7sd65upagwzkrpms.zip first?

Note, I'm not planning on flashing it.

EDIT: Ok it seems this is more complicated than I initially thought. I was going to try my first attempt at rooting a stock ROM today but this appears to just be a patch of some sort?

There could be a possible chance that you do because I just tryed to flash with that file and it came up

Code:
E:Failure at line 2:
assert file_contains("System:build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:1.5/CUPCAKE/154788:user/release-keys") == "true" || file_contains("SYSTEM.build.prop", "ro_build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:2.1-upd
Installation aborted.

and so when i check line 2 of update-script

Code:
assert file_contains("SYSTEM:build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:1.5/CUPCAKE/154788:user/release-keys") == "true" || file_contains("SYSTEM:build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:2.1-update1/ERE27/3.32.405.1_191507:user/release-keys") == "true"

Last edited:

NeBouse

Feb 13, 2010
Amiens
please have a look at this

image%5B107%5D.png

This is what most french people get after the update.(for the radio)
it shows PU instead of PH.

PS : sorry for the small size.

Status
Not open for further replies.