** Official 2.1 UK UPDATE Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sassnowwolf

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry can i ask why your pulling out? I flashed this to my phone and flashed the radio afterward as you suggested and my phone is working perfectly :) very fast etc, no problems!

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
The reason is because there is too many ROMs available that is much better, However there could be a chance it may appear again but once it's tested.

If I do release it, then it will be stock only. Nothing removed, no root, no files added. Just a plain update.zip but I don't know yet as my knowledge is limited and there are already done ROMs just like mine.

Sorry.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

snoopy20

Jul 21, 2008
Not sure why it was pulled, the radio was the wrong one and didn't work on locked phones but the 2.1 update + root worked fine. :)

Thisother0ne

Jul 1, 2010
Sorry to hear you've pulled the plug on this. This was the first ROM I tried on my 3UK handset and it works just fine. I was looking for a stock ROM with root so I could see what the fuss was about. I've had no issues and have to say that I've been very happy with the ROM. Hope you didn't pull this due to a few bad comments, you gave folk fair warning IMO.

Thanks again, look forward to see what you manage in the future.

Thisother0ne

Jul 1, 2010
Two ways, there was a check using ADB shell and I had the '#' not '$'. Also the overclock widget and superuser app appear to be working. Do you have anything in specific you want me to do to test it?

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
Two ways, there was a check using ADB shell and I had the '#' not '$'. Also the overclock widget and superuser app appear to be working. Do you have anything in specific you want me to do to test it?

I was under the impression that when you did adb shell you got $ therefore root was working. I however, got the # symbol after more testing there for I thought root wasn't working or am I wrong?

Thisother0ne

Jul 1, 2010
I can't link as I'm a new member but the Sticky Wiki guides in the dev forum have a link to "A GUIDE FOR TOTAL NOOBS to SDK + Rooting of HERO." It says that the '#' prompt is for root access.

Dandandroid

Jul 1, 2010
Tel-Aviv
Can a mod please delete this thread fully. I am pulling the project and going to stock rom until i learn alot more about this crap.

sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

why man ?!
it works great for me and my non branded hero . rooted and everything.
didn't see any issue . wifi , 3g , apps , everything works ..

many thanks for your hard work , too bad u pulled it ..

cheers

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
I am on creating a new thread hopefully within the devs section. I don't think I will be messing around with root (I will let users do that). All I am going to do is a stock 2.1 ROM with all apps, with stock radio that you can use via recovery. Thats the only thing I am going to do for it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.