4,001 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,755

By ozzmanj1, Senior Member on 26th April 2012, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2012, 09:52 AM |#631  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yeppppp

Everyday, my phone tries to update itself and returns with an error.

8th June 2012, 10:38 AM |#632  
Flag Alta Loma
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabiboi

Yeppppp

Everyday, my phone tries to update itself and returns with an error.

The heck?!?!?! How are you still getting asked to update? Mine stopped weeks ago. Meh, w/e. I don't plan on updating unless the update is stable and safe.

Sent from my R800x using XDA
9th June 2012, 06:41 PM |#633  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brsingr

The heck?!?!?! How are you still getting asked to update? Mine stopped weeks ago. Meh, w/e. I don't plan on updating unless the update is stable and safe.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Mine hasn't but I've flashed it back to stock a few times

try clearing the mobile care cache
that might stop the prompt
12th June 2012, 08:09 PM |#634  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 166

More
So I talked over chat to a verizon rep, they offered a replacement phone (no thats useless). Someone FINALLY responded to the issue on the support forums, but basically told the guy to "download the latest update" to which I responded the latest update is the cause of the problem!

Now I'm at the point of just considering cancelling and buying an unlocked PLAY, but the ETF is $350 minus $10 for every month you have used in the contract, so for me I'd have to pay $240 since I'm stuck till next July (signed a 2 year when I got this). That I am NOT paying, so I may just call up and complain and see if we can part ways amicably.

They were good to me in the past but they have continued to suck and suck more (between this and the new scams of a contract and the elimination of unlimited data). If I somehow end up staying, when next July rolls around I am going unlocked phone and anybody but Verizon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue Leader For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rogue Leader Ad-Free
12th June 2012, 11:43 PM |#635  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

So I talked over chat to a verizon rep, they offered a replacement phone (no thats useless). Someone FINALLY responded to the issue on the support forums, but basically told the guy to "download the latest update" to which I responded the latest update is the cause of the problem!

Now I'm at the point of just considering cancelling and buying an unlocked PLAY, but the ETF is $350 minus $10 for every month you have used in the contract, so for me I'd have to pay $240 since I'm stuck till next July (signed a 2 year when I got this). That I am NOT paying, so I may just call up and complain and see if we can part ways amicably.

They were good to me in the past but they have continued to suck and suck more (between this and the new scams of a contract and the elimination of unlimited data). If I somehow end up staying, when next July rolls around I am going unlocked phone and anybody but Verizon.

I hope you can come to some kind of resolution with it all. Its pretty tempting to go gsm

Sent from my R800x
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)