Linaro coming to CM9!

Search This thread

Zameus

May 14, 2010
Wow....the interview was over and google's android was still running it's benchmark. Amazing stuff, can't wait till it's implemented into CM9. Thanks for this OP, it was a good read/video.

/drools for CM9+Linaro :p

blackroseMD1

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.standupforkids.org
JBQ said that they actually merged some of the Linaro code into Google's internal master branch. You know you've written good code when Google accepts it into AOSP.

From Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/100865424702789108139/posts/FkY3eiqeeq4
Jean-Baptiste Queru Yesterday 3:11 PM (edited) +8
We've already merged some of Linaro's changes into AOSP (and therefore into Google's internal master branch), a few weeks ago. Some more are pending review and look promising.

Last edited:

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
Sounds pretty awesome, but I had never really planned on going back to AOSP... wonder if any of this would be able to be implemented into a Sense-based ROM? That would get me excited.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
from what I gathered watching that video, it seemed that we will not benefit from this....

Seemed the changes done were kernel level and geared to the specific SoC the Nexus runs...saying they were CPU optimizations, and that it mainly was cleaning the "bad code" allowed in -o2 optimization, and once cleaned they were able to run through o3 optimization...

correct me if im wrong in that thinking though...

still pretty cool!

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Lmao. And Sgt that would suck if it is soc specific...

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Lmao. And Sgt that would suck if it is soc specific...

I mean im sure some of it is real general Android related stuff in the kernel that could be ported over to other SoC's....But the guy was fairly clear it was CPU related and delt with cleaning up the code to be able to do -o3 optimization on it...

deff need to read up on it more though...

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
As i read the story its unofficial because its still being reviewed to be added to the tree.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
I mean im sure some of it is real general Android related stuff in the kernel that could be ported over to other SoC's....But the guy was fairly clear it was CPU related and delt with cleaning up the code to be able to do -o3 optimization on it...

deff need to read up on it more though...

Well if its CPU stuff then manufacturers need to be doing the optimizing basically and google would have to change their code for the CPU as well. In order for this to happen......right?

Top Liked Posts