[ROM]Ubuntu Touch on RK29 tablets

Search This thread

rmms

Aug 11, 2007
Test to enter it without the CWMR, might not be compatible between them.

?? I don't understand ... the CWM is necessary to install the rom, the problem is after the installation.
Might be because the builds from Ubuntu are now the "saucy builds"? (that's the one I've used)

krakowiak84

Dec 7, 2012
Cracow
and what files are needed to install Ubuntu on the GC7500, rom I downloaded but do not know how the kernel and writes something about the files date image. You can ask links

softwy

Oct 21, 2013
GoClever R75

Hello,
I made a video that shows the upload ubuntu touch the tablet Goclever R75 but freezes on startup ...
I do not know what to put there for all kernel I tried and nothing. Android took off without any problems.

on YOUTUBE search ´´GoClever R75 with Ubuntu touch for XDA preview´´ AND watch it...

Sorry for the video quality and bad English. I am Czech. I want to help and anything you try;)
hopefully this will help

Last edited:

aretoo

Dec 10, 2013
is this project still live? I have Craig CMP741D and first I have this same issue that karakowiak84 mentioned:

I can not download the file (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/current/raringpreinstalled-
phablet-armhf.zip) with manual pdf, pops up an error page.
Oh, and what kernel I use the GC7500?

I searched a bit and found this: saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip here: http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-t.../current/saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip so I think it is safe to substitute the missing one, no?

I use it with updated V01.2 and Kernel 308 Odys Loox Ubuntu 201306151204 UbuntuTouch V1.1 because the Odys Loox Kernel is the one that Oma used here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1903745 and MasterMind278 adapted here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/53810-tutorial-cmp741d-jellybean-install.html to make custom ROM with JellyBean for my tablet and that is working on this CMP741D w/RK2918

after I flash as instructed in OP except with the substitute ubuntu .zip mentioned the first screen I see is green and says "Crew RKTablets per aspera ad astra Edition RK2918 We rock your tablet" and then CWM recovery screen but I have no touch control and the only button that works is power one so I can only press that with the default selection to reboot. I can not load the .zips from ext. SDcard this way but this seems to indicate I am close to success here.

can I somehow load them and correct the touch not working from ADB with the other files made available from Oma and Mastermind278?
or how else can I modify what is available here to make the touch work in CWM? I have the CWM that works with JellyBean mod by Oma, can I use that somehow? like extract them both and swap something in them then repack?

thanks

sooorajjj

Feb 22, 2013
Cochin
hi

I have added to our download section the following additional testkernels;
crewrktablets_kernel_308_arnova-an8cg3_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_bq-kepler2_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_bq-pascal2_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_hyundai-h900_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_M820c3G_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_odys-neox7_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z
crewrktablets_kernel_308_odys-neox8_201306112347_ubuntu_touch_V1.7z

Please give feedback!

Be aware, it's on your own risk.

could u do port Ubuntu touch for rk2928 here kernel compile notes
http://embedhead.blogspot.in/2013/11/rk2928sdk-kernel-compile-notes.html
here dmesg http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2122965&d=1374065333
if u want any thing else we ill provide it for u :)

Last edited:

Shreesha.Murthy

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 1, 2014
Request for Kernel

Please give feedback!

Can you add Brilslate Kernel it is also a RK29 based tablet
:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

montycoral

Apr 20, 2015
rk292

hi...

and for the rk292 tablets?

i've tried to install rk29 but won't work...

please port to rk292 please!!!

montycoral

Apr 20, 2015
a request

please port ubuntu touch for rk292 please!!!

i extremely need this otherwise i have Trashing...

i've not found a valid firmware for my tablet on entire internet and manufacturer site...

rk2928sdk mali400 gsl3680 8 inches nd-r800w

i need ubuntu touch...

pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

fklco

Nov 10, 2016
works!

Very easy to install on Odys loox.
But.
-No power OFF button. only reset hole button works.
-Only Guest login, the other user have password, that means no access to date and time adjustment, no user add, no terminal ...

How to erase the other user and how to make another user?
How to turn off the tablet?

Thanks

xdamok

Apr 10, 2019
Hi

I recently bought 4 of this Odys Loox Tablets for a small "project", but the default image doesn't make me happy. Now I found this interesting topic and I wanted to give it a try. But it seems that all links are dead and I can not find the files you are talking about here.

Is ther anyone still having access to this old package? Or is there some newer way of doing this?

thx 4 any helpfull answer
xdamok

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
A new port of Ubuntu Touch just has arrived for RK2918 based tablets.

The first version of the RK29 port is released on CrewRkTablets (crewrktablets.arctablet.com) now.

Custom kernels are currently available for following devices:
* Odys LooxPlus
* Odys Loox
* Odys Next
* Odys Xpress

I would like to encourage you to install it on your RK29 tablet and let me know your experiences and opinion about the system.
* Pros / Cons compared to Android
* UI Usability
* Performance
* etc.

Update availabe (V0.1.2):
Changes:
* Corrected initial boot behaviour after RkDevelopTool (automatic boot into CWM)

The installation guide (Installation_Guide_RK29.pdf) is contained the package (CrewRkTablets_RK29_UbuntuTouchPreview_V0.1.0).
Please read ist carefully before starting the installation.

Please request for new custom kernels ONLY if you are willing to provide me with a hardware sample of the intended target device.
(Doing kernels remotely without a sample device available is just too ineffective ;) ) Thx

The first version of the RK29 port is released on CrewRkTablets (crewrktablets.arctablet.com) now.

* Odys LooxPlus
* Odys Loox
* Odys Next
* Odys Xpress

I would like to encourage you to install it on your RK29 tablet and let me know your experiences and opinion about the system.
* UI Usability
* Performance
* etc.

Changes:
* Corrected initial boot behaviour after RkDevelopTool (automatic boot into CWM)

The installation guide (Installation_Guide_RK29.pdf) is contained the package (CrewRkTablets_RK29_UbuntuTouchPreview_V0.1.0).

Please request for new custom kernels ONLY if you are willing to provide me with a hardware sample of the intended target device.
(Doing kernels remotely without a sample device available is just too ineffective ;) ) Thx

Thx for your inputs
Oh Boy the site died , I sure hope you are ok :) How about this project ? What happened to the files? I have RK 29 tablet right here , trying to build a Rom for it , but the crazy System.Img is giving me headaches to edit and repack , so Ubuntu touch would be nice to try ,...Will you continue this project ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

* Odys LooxPlus
    * Odys Loox
    * Odys Next
    * Odys Xpress

* UI Usability
    * Performance
    * etc.

Changes:

Thx for your inputs
    * Odys LooxPlus
    * Odys Loox
    * Odys Next
    * Odys Xpress

Please give feedback!

Can you do a kernel for BQ Newton?

The 308 Newton kernel can be found here: http : // crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=186. Please remove spaces from the url.

Thanks!
    Hi mega-samu,
    Thanks for the description. This error shows that the programmed data could not be verified sucessfully.
    If this problem is reproducable, this could be caused by too fast flash access of the programming.
    The version of install tool used is the RkDevelopTool_V1.35 which was introduced with the RK3066. It works a lot faster, than the RkAndroid from other Rk29 packages, that is why I use it. It works fine on my LooxPlus, but may be too fast for some other devices.

Please could you try to use a copy of the old RkAndroid (from another install package i.E. Oma_JB) for the programming:
    Just copy the complete directory RkAndroid into the unzipped package directory (in parallel to the RkDevelopTool) and start the older tool.

PS: There is also a changed package available which has a fix for the automatic boot into CWM after the Rkxxx programming.

I believe that it is the kernel, that this poorly compiled

`
    8kb.png

Sorry for English Bad.
    I don't think so, cause a defekt kernel.img would only prevent that your system boot.
    Here you see an error in the flash sequence. This can have multiple reasons, the only reason that relates to the kernel.img wolud be that the kernel.img is too large for the kernel partition to fit. Normally the partition is made for kernel.img with max 8MB in size.
    To get more information, you could look into the log dir of the RKAndroidTool. There you can find the detailed logs of RKAndroidTool.
    Kernel Odys Loox 8,05 MB
    jvr.png

Kernel de Odys Loox Plus 7,86 MB
    8uxm.png