FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Google Home

[Q] Samsung Clone Galaxy S4(i9500) MT6572 / MT6589 Root, Rom & Internal Storage Help

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By puthsardarade, Junior Member on 15th December 2013, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2014, 11:54 PM |#11  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

Hi,

I have followed those.steps twice and still get su binary error.
May be because it cannot install due to lack on space on internal memory?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

i new see problem like this,
but can you upload your screenshot of your phone.
with spec ?
believe it or not i've been able root my phone which have same with yours (S4 clone mt6572) and also galaxy note 3 clone (mt6572)
oh..
try this : connect your phone to pc and open mtkdroid tool
and upload screenshot when your phone connect with mtkdroidtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidinterest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidinterest Ad-Free
 
 
7th January 2014, 12:18 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

i new see problem like this,
but can you upload your screenshot of your phone.
with spec ?
believe it or not i've been able root my phone which have same with yours (S4 clone mt6572) and also galaxy note 3 clone (mt6572)
oh..
try this : connect your phone to pc and open mtkdroid tool
and upload screenshot when your phone connect with mtkdroidtool.

Hi,

Did you have the same issues as I had with my handset, with the lack of app storage / internal storage space and su binary?
After your root did you resolve the storage issue if it was an issue for you?

Please find the screenshot attached.

UBIFS FileSystem ! is mentioned - not sure if that is relevant.

Hope you can help with a solution.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MTK Droid Screenshot.jpg
Views:	2150
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	2499096  
7th January 2014, 12:36 AM |#13  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rawass

hi

i have the same phone and the same problem
( after the combination ---> recovery mode ---> no command ----> i press power bottum and get a recovery )
tried all wipes but couldnt reboot
tried to apply update from sd card also and didnt work it says installation aborted
can access recovery and fastboot but nothing else

after all wipes , do you choose reboot system ?

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

Hi,

Did you have the same issues as I had with my handset, with the lack of app storage / internal storage space and su binary?
After your root did you resolve the storage issue if it was an issue for you?

Please find the screenshot attached.

UBIFS FileSystem ! is mentioned - not sure if that is relevant.

Hope you can help with a solution.

Thanks

ok, i recommend u use new mtkdroid tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=852

if i see screenshot i'm sure you have root .( see yellow indicator and read the info GT-I9500 system/bin/su is found bla bla bla )
on mtkdroid tool choose root,backup,recovery option
press root button below. after finish press super user button above.this is will install super user and other file given by mtkdroid tool in system
The Following User Says Thank You to droidinterest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidinterest Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 01:07 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

after all wipes , do you choose reboot system ?

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------



ok, i recommend u use new mtkdroid tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=852

if i see screenshot i'm sure you have root .( see yellow indicator and read the info GT-I9500 system/bin/su is found bla bla bla )
on mtkdroid tool choose root,backup,recovery option
press root button below. after finish press super user button above.this is will install super user and other file given by mtkdroid tool in system

Hi,

I have downloaded mtkdroid 2.5.2
I have pressed the root button (assume you mean this and not recovery and boot) and it states:
ATTENTION! Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible!
--- ERROR : SU inaccessible

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20131011-104628
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/07 10:44
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (whl@server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Oct 11 18:44:10 CST 2013

Thanks
7th January 2014, 02:21 AM |#15  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

Hi,

I have downloaded mtkdroid 2.5.2
I have pressed the root button (assume you mean this and not recovery and boot) and it states:
ATTENTION! Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible!
--- ERROR : SU inaccessible

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20131011-104628
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/07 10:44
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (whl@server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Oct 11 18:44:10 CST 2013

Thanks

do you follow the guide given by rua1 at this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=852
? for mt6572

your baseband is same with my baseband,
The Following User Says Thank You to droidinterest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidinterest Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 12:22 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

do you follow the guide given by rua1 at this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=852
? for mt6572

your baseband is same with my baseband,

Hi,

Can you please which guide steps I should be following?

At the link there are two versions of the exe file and also a show content which opens up the archive file.

Under show content it states - Owners 6572 with ubifs and other platforms can be downloaded only for curiosity

So I guess there is no point in me following that.

However there is a mini guide which I have copied below:

For test UBIFS devices.. Makes three types files of ubifs blocks:
system.ubifs.tar . Archive not for FlashTool!
system.ubifs.img . Not for FT, but there is an opportunity to make the file for FT under Linux
nodl_system.bin . For testing! On responses of some owners is suitable for FT. Demands check.
No guarantees, on your own risk!
The request to owners of UBIFS devices to send log.txt and scatter files, as in the description for v2.5.2b

Do you mean did I follow this?
Can you please advise how I should do the above in more basic instructions as I've not done this before?

Thanks
7th January 2014, 03:27 PM |#17  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

Hi,

Can you please which guide steps I should be following?

At the link there are two versions of the exe file and also a show content which opens up the archive file.

Under show content it states - Owners 6572 with ubifs and other platforms can be downloaded only for curiosity

So I guess there is no point in me following that.

However there is a mini guide which I have copied below:

For test UBIFS devices.. Makes three types files of ubifs blocks:
system.ubifs.tar . Archive not for FlashTool!
system.ubifs.img . Not for FT, but there is an opportunity to make the file for FT under Linux
nodl_system.bin . For testing! On responses of some owners is suitable for FT. Demands check.
No guarantees, on your own risk!
The request to owners of UBIFS devices to send log.txt and scatter files, as in the description for v2.5.2b

Do you mean did I follow this?
Can you please advise how I should do the above in more basic instructions as I've not done this before?

Thanks

can you give me screenshot when you choose option root,backup,recovery on mtkdroid tool ?
maybe i will send you clockworkmod recovery for your phone and if clockworkmod recovery was installed ,this is possible easy to root your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to droidinterest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidinterest Ad-Free
8th January 2014, 12:10 AM |#18  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

can you give me screenshot when you choose option root,backup,recovery on mtkdroid tool ?
maybe i will send you clockworkmod recovery for your phone and if clockworkmod recovery was installed ,this is possible easy to root your phone

Hi,

Please find three screenshots attached.
Hopefully you will be able to provide me with your clockworkmod?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MT6572 First Screen on MTKDroidv2.5.2d.png
Views:	1182
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	2501054   Click image for larger version

Name:	MT6572 After Selecting root backup recovery tab on MTKDroidv2.5.2d.png
Views:	955
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	2501055   Click image for larger version

Name:	MT6572 After Attempted Failed Root on MTKDroidv2.5.2d.png
Views:	934
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	2501056  
8th January 2014, 02:58 AM |#19  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

Hi,

Please find three screenshots attached.
Hopefully you will be able to provide me with your clockworkmod?

Thanks

when you have wipe all data and cache from recovery mode ,do the free space of system still zero ?
ok, i will upload cwm for your phone ASAP, from phone
8th January 2014, 01:07 PM |#20  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

when you have wipe all data and cache from recovery mode ,do the free space of system still zero ?
ok, i will upload cwm for your phone ASAP, from phone

I think there was a little bit of free space, can't remember at the moment.
I will wait for you CWM upload.

Thanks
8th January 2014, 02:56 PM |#21  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puthsardarade

I think there was a little bit of free space, can't remember at the moment.
I will wait for you CWM upload.

Thanks

i'm really sorry my friend.
your phone is have ubifs file system read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=630
i don't want to bricked your phone, so i will not upload my cwm for you,
alhtough my phone have same spec with yours.
but if you curious about root ,after wipe all from recovery mode try cydia impactor or read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2315346
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes