CyanogenMod 6.1 Barebones "Gingerbones" Release 5.25 01/20/2011 + 4.55 Re-release!

Search This thread

aceoyame

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2009
That is a bit strange your data is not working for you as I did not touch anything that would affect it. My data works myself, occasionally I get a connection error but then I reload the page and it works. I had Opera complain earlier and then I ran a network test and it worked for some reason. Is it all apps or just a web browser?

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
All the apps that need internet access, like email, market, etc

Edit: What do you suggest, I take it to the Customer Service and see if settings are different as it is not the original Android device (May be Carrier has some restrictions on model) or should I try a different build?

Last edited:

shefsalad7

Nov 25, 2008
Delhi, India
Same problem syncing calendar. No sync option is available for google calendar. Thanks for checking on this.

Sent from my Full CyanogenMod on Vogue/Kaiser using XDA App

ninettodavoli

Dec 7, 2008
Rome
Hi!!
I'm trying your rom and I must say that is nice and fast, my compliments ... I have a little problem with headphones, which are not recognized, when I listening to music the sound comes only from the internal luodspeaker but not the headphones, I did several tests by linking them even during play but nothing, not at all...:(

Is a known problem? What can I do?

Thanks in advance

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
Sorry for the lack of response, I have been doing some heavy testing on a video card that refuses to run at PCI-E 16x speeds. Anyways I am going to release a fix for the sync issues in about an hour and as for the music issue, you are the first to report it so I will look into that a bit more. I do not listen to music on my kaiser so I have no way to test anything, so that might be a more difficult issue to pin-point. Also have you made sure your headphones/headphones jack is not damaged and working by testing with a different rom?

ninettodavoli

Dec 7, 2008
Rome
Sorry for the lack of response, I have been doing some heavy testing on a video card that refuses to run at PCI-E 16x speeds. Anyways I am going to release a fix for the sync issues in about an hour and as for the music issue, you are the first to report it so I will look into that a bit more. I do not listen to music on my kaiser so I have no way to test anything, so that might be a more difficult issue to pin-point. Also have you made sure your headphones/headphones jack is not damaged and working by testing with a different rom?

Regarding the headphones are sure it works 100%, since HTC is the original and almost new, and with the WM 6.5 ROM + Nitrogen has always worked fine ... the problem has arisen now that I'm using the ROM Android

Many thanks for your reply

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
I just checked with Thoughtlesskyle's fat free build and it detected gprs and all apps are connecting well to the internet.

Please also fix this as I like your build and so look forward to the next revision.

Sent from my Full Android on Vogue using XDA App

ninettodavoli

Dec 7, 2008
Rome
Regarding the headphones are sure it works 100%, since HTC is the original and almost new, and with the WM 6.5 ROM + Nitrogen has always worked fine ... the problem has arisen now that I'm using the ROM Android

Many thanks for your reply

I've tried another ROM Cyanogen (Scoot) and the problem is the same, no sound from headphones .... but today I tried a ROM Froyo 2.2.1 and the headphones work!:eek:
It could be a problem of Cyanogen ROMS? :confused:
Many thanks and i apologize for my english...

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
I'm afraid thats what it sounds like as mine is based off scoot's cyanogen at least for the sound. As for GPRS not working, did it work with scooter's rom or just fresh froyo? It sounds like there may be an issue with the GPRS settings in CM with your carrier. I use Iwireless on EDGE and have no issues what so ever with connectivity.

Last edited:

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
No I just check Experiment Free Froyo. I will check on Scoot's Rom and let you know. Thanks

EDIT: I checked with Scoot's ROM and it automatically detected GPRS setting and internet worked without a hustle.

Last edited:

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
Installed 11/4 google apps update and calendar still isn't in the list of google services that syncs. using rls 3 odexed with .32 kernel on kaiser tilt.

So apparantly it is not liking me adding the sync apk's through an android update. I will release RLS 4 then here today with those added back in. Its going to be based off scoots RLS 4 as well so it is a bit of an incremental update. Should be up here in the next hour.

JonesL

Jul 1, 2009
Chester
Does this come with any drivers graphics wise?

Edit- i just get no signal then after about 2mins it reboots and gets stuck on the loading animation

Last edited:

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
The drivers are built in the kernel, so the build has no effect on that. As for the reboot issue what kernel are you using and how is it set up, are you using HARET or what? I am not experiencing those issues on my tilt that I have tested with. Also signal could be affected by radio rom. FYI there is a 3D driver in the kernel so any android rom has 3d acceleration.

JonesL

Jul 1, 2009
Chester
I use the 2.6.32 kernel as of now i tried flashing it again but now its just stuck at the animation part also method i use is the sd card using the folder andboot with the android rom inside

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
Yes unlike RLS3 this version is not stable for me too. It is rebooting a lot and always giving FC for Processes. I have tried to reinstall it number of times but to no use. Others also experiencing the same?

Sent from my Full Android on Vogue using XDA App

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
I was able to reproduce the issue so I am going to fix it here soon. Sorry I have been off on my releases here lately, work has been keeping me really busy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 6.1 Barebones "Gingerbones" Release 5.25 01/20/2011 + 4.55 Re-release!

I am releasing my Barebones CM6.1 froyo release! It was based off scooters CM6.1 I took it and stripped it as much as I could while retaining most of the functions in the phone. It has ADW for the launcher and on my phone overclocked to 572 mhz with JIT enabled I get a nice 3.943 Mflop/s on it. I can easilly say it is the fastest build for the kaiser ever as of this posting

Features are : Camera, Contacts, Market, Messaging, Phone, Settings, Super user app, Callibrate and spare parts. If you guys want me to I can make an even more stripped version but I feel this one is stripped pretty far.

(Note: Linpack score was obtained with my own copy of the 4.55 build which has linpack odex'd, attached is a rar with screenshots of proof of score and overclock)

NOTE: RLS 5 needs the account and sync settings apk to sync with google. It is attached on the bottom as an android update.

Download here - Current builds

RLS 5.25 - If all issues are fixed then this is my final build until CM 7 arrives for us. It fixes FC issues with a few apps. Also has Xbin fix and market update from Daedric. Also below is an update to bring your 5.1 install to 5.25. Due to the low adoption rate of the Deodex build I am neglecting to include it since the 5.25 update will work on the 5.1 deodex build.

Odex
    http://www.mediafire.com/?47j22rq6cybl794

5.1 to 5.25 Update

http://www.mediafire.com/?b65n42rj6ixho96

RLS 4.55 Odex - Built with Scoot RLS 4c fixed calender sync issues? (Someone tell me if I fixed them or not) and also changed boot animation to fat free froyo as the old one got boring. Same as Build 4 minus the boot loop bug caused by certain configurations. Added auto odex script and updated modules.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?54xy5c87jeu23g5

RLS 4.55 DeOdex - Same only de-odex'd without the odex script.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7g1lwavbm7ed52o

Optional -

Google apps android update - Contains calander,email,browser and google voice
    Put in andboot folder on SD and in boot menu choose to run the update rather than install android.

Note: This is by now an out-dated update, install and update google apps before using.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3zrvrcv2t56r84

HTC IME- Added per request
    Same instructions as above just unrar the tar file first.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cl4iz5a4oa30j9q

Archived Builds

5.1 fixes a storage bug in 5.0.

RLS 5.1 Odex - Based on nightly CM 6.1 source a couple days before 6.1 stable. Changed theme to have gingerbread animations, languages cut down, re-added CM wallpapers. Changed some files to smaller sizes. Re added VPN support. Added auto odex script to downloads. Made with fewer languages but includes the vast majority of the ones that were voted on. More features, smaller sizes was the aim of this build.

http://www.mediafire.com/?209cxuh4ikvptwv

RLS 5.1 De-Odex

http://www.mediafire.com/?kzc3l33vh11dq4e

RLS 4 - Removed due to bugs, waiting for Scoot RLS 5 to come out for RLS 4 instead. RLS 4 was a very minor incremental update. Not worth implementing the fix for the crash that was happening for something so minor, use RLS 3 instead. It is stable with all the speed.

RLS 3 Deodex'd - Added many languages,changed vendor.apk and changed a few font files to slightly smaller versions and added sounds from clemsyns release. Also added calibrate and spare parts back in due to their small size and importance to some users. Removed openvpn,busybox and RLSSI as these functions are rarely used.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ioe4z80db9e7dm

RLS 3 Odex'd - Same as above only odex'd which is smaller and faster but not as customizable with themes

http://www.mediafire.com/?py137bd6yg7qymi

RLS 2.1 - Added provision.apk back in to resolve some screen and call received bugs. Will remove again when issue is fixed with CM6.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dgtq5qxsxnnjxxx

RLS 2 -Removed due to serious bug

RLS 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gtf2e9jr57q24vc

Feel free to let me know of any bugs or requests you guys have!

Thanks go out to DZO,Scooter,L1quid,Thoughtless Kyle and all the other android devs who make our kaiser live longer
    I figured out the source of the issues. Apparently I accidentally added in some old odex'd files from 5.1 which is causing the issue. Within the next few days when I have time I will update it to 5.25. No word on CM 7 yet, it isn't even on the dream/sapphire yet.

I'm still patching the CM7 repo to work on our devices, still lots of work to do on it though but it's coming along quickly!I'm hoping it won't be too long before we get an initial release :)

Maybe not ;), After trying and trying i have found a way to make the wifi and gprs work without crashing the phone. The trick is to turn on the GPS before the wifi (and leave it on) and then turn on the wifi (or data connection). It's hard on the baterry but if works with no problems. So i hope you can enjoy your kaiser android as much as i'm now :D
    Yay for necro posting bump? lol, Just figured i'd let you guys know im still in android development and *might* update my barebones rom to show my appreciation as this was the device I got my start on.
    To add apps just make a tarball named android update and in the system/apps folder drop the apk's you want to add. If you want to add themes I am not so sure how that works, I believe most of that stuff is in the framework-res file. I know that is at least where I added my animations for gingerbread.

Edit: If you want to make an androidupdate to turn it into a full featured build that would work. I wouldn't mind attaching it to the thread either.