Does BTNear even work? Trying to prioritize BT connections

Search This thread

user9082390

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Experts,

I seem to be having an issue getting BTNear to get anywhere close to working.

My goal is to do this with the in-car android head unit:

If Person A and Person B are in the car, only connect Bluetooth with Person A.
If Person A is the only one in the car, only connect Bluetooth with Person A. If Person B gets in, it remains connected to Person A.
If Person B is the only one in the car, only connect with Person B. If Person A gets in, it switches to Person A instead of Person B.

Is this even possible?

I thought I could do it using BTNear, but I can't even get a basic task to work with a BTNear condition.

Thank you geniuses!

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hi Experts,

I seem to be having an issue getting BTNear to get anywhere close to working.

My goal is to do this with the in-car android head unit:

If Person A and Person B are in the car, only connect Bluetooth with Person A.
If Person A is the only one in the car, only connect Bluetooth with Person A. If Person B gets in, it remains connected to Person A.
If Person B is the only one in the car, only connect with Person B. If Person A gets in, it switches to Person A instead of Person B.

Is this even possible?

I thought I could do it using BTNear, but I can't even get a basic task to work with a BTNear condition.

Thank you geniuses!
There is a tasker plugin in the play store called Bluetooth Auto Connect you may find that can help you.

IMHO, this type of setup is just flat easier with an NFC tag. Tapping the phone on the tag runs the connect to the car profile, then you don't have to determine who, what, when :)