my focus s lost a game of rock, paper, scissors, gorilla glass

Search This thread

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
as it turns out, rock beats gorilla glass....

dropped it in my drive way last night getting into the car, fell about 4 feet and bounced twice. best part, this was a warranty replacement i got about 3 weeks ago, no insurance! woohoo!

small pieces are shifted a little, and i cut my ear on them already. phone still works great though, lol.

IMG_2941.jpg

livejazz

Gorilla Glass ditto!

yep! Ditto for my wife. 2.5 feet from a bedside table. Amazingly, it works and views perfectly! She's not ready to replace it with the next victim digitizer, yet, because she wants to get another drop out of her system, first. I did write Corning and they deferred to the manufacturer. I haven't been able to locate a replacement digitizer. There was one on eBay, but it said that it was a combo screen and digitizer and didn't come separately. Not believing that. Sorry.

matt

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
yep! Ditto for my wife. 2.5 feet from a bedside table. Amazingly, it works and views perfectly! She's not ready to replace it with the next victim digitizer, yet, because she wants to get another drop out of her system, first. I did write Corning and they deferred to the manufacturer. I haven't been able to locate a replacement digitizer. There was one on eBay, but it said that it was a combo screen and digitizer and didn't come separately. Not believing that. Sorry.

matt

that's also $180 on ebay. i read somewhere that samsung will replace it for $160, that would be a good deal.

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone found a replacement screen yet?

Curious about this as well. I have a focus S that has a cracked screen too and can't find a replacment anywhere. Why is it that this phone has no screen replacement parts? I called Samsung and they want $150 plus tax for the repair. NO THANKS! you can buy this phone at a great deal for about $200 or so manufacturer refurbished. makes no sense to pay $150 for a screen repair.

turbulent28

Mar 2, 2010
DAMN.

I just bought an "S" off craiglist. I got to take it out of the packaging to test it... AND BANG.. slips right out of my hand.. Luckily it landed on the backside..

Only 2 scuff marks.

Great phone, but have to be super careful..

Coming from a palm centro, im not used to that..lol