(Q) CHUNKENESS (LAG) on all roms and stock....why?

Search This thread
J

juwttt

I just did a full unroot twice and being on stock seems somewhat smoother and less "chunky" than any of thr custom roms I have tried. All clean installs. I would appreciate any idea why I still have stutters and not fluid motions on anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
I just did a full unroot twice and being on stock seems so much smoother and less "chunky" than any of thr custom roms I have tried. All clean installs. I would appreciate any idea why?

Truthfully...it's not.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028661

This rom when installed correctly blows stock out of the water. Add the Nova launcher..and tweak the settings...and you will see exactly what I mean.Use the latest TWRP..and wipe correctly...and you won't want to go back to stock...ever.

He has a new update coming soon...which will add even more to it.

No need to go full unroot if you have Triangle away & TWRP

Mac

J

juwttt

Whatever im on, scrolling is just chunky and switching between apps even with jelly thunder....it is much less on stock but still there

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
Whatever im on, scrolling is just chunky and switching between apps even with jelly thunder....it is much less on stock but still there

Don't know what to tell ya...mine doesn't. Are you using Nova ? In it..you can change the settings to increase the speed for what your wanting..

Mine even without it isn't chunky or stutter..but is much much faster with the tweaks enabled in Nova.

Mac

J

juwttt

Don't know what to tell ya...mine doesn't. Are you using Nova ? In it..you can change the settings to increase the speed for what your wanting..

Mine even without it isn't chunky or stutter..but is much much faster with the tweaks enabled in Nova.

Mac

Yea used nova and "speed of light setting" still stutters a bit
Anyone else having this problem???

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Im on the same side. Been a flashaholic for years and noticed stock ROM always equal or better. Maybe not about performance But MOST Are Battery Life which I need the most. Enjoying stock 4.12 int S. Africa ROM now and no need to flash anything else. ;)

♥★★♥ AT&T Galaxy Note II ♡☆☆♡

J

juwttt

Im on the same side. Been a flashaholic for years and noticed stock ROM always equal or better. Maybe not about performance But MOST Are Battery Life which I need the most. Enjoying stock 4.12 int S. Africa ROM now and no need to flash anything else. ;)

♥★★♥ AT&T Galaxy Note II ♡☆☆♡

Do you have any stutter or chunkness on stock?
Thanks for imput guys!
Edit: stutters on stock as well...expecially scrolling

Last edited:

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Do you have any stutter or chunkness on stock?
Thanks for imput guys!
Edit: stutters on stock as well...expecially scrolling

No issues here with any of 3 different roms. What apps are you running or is it like this immediately after flashing? sounds like something is running in the background causing your problem. Is media scan running constantly? Need more info on what is going on in the background to diagnose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
lol.....WTF is Chunkness?????

is this an acceptable android term that i missed.....lol

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
Maybe try to reduce the Animated Scale setting under Settings - Developer Options from 1x to 0.5x or below? Toggle GPU rendering setting in there as well.

I also agree that a lot is dependent on your launcher. Nova is good to compare too *only* if you optimize it's settings to set all to "Faster than light"

J

juwttt

lol.....WTF is Chunkness?????

is this an acceptable android term that i missed.....lol

Lol the chunkeness monster :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

haha...I am meaning the phone stutters and lags durring scrolling and moving between windows and applications even when using nova and faster than light settings with the transitions to 0.5. It does not seem smooth as it is supposed to be.

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
I agree. Rooted doesn't scroll as well.

Lol the chunkeness monster :what:

I'm on the newest version of CleanRom. I much prefer it to stock. There are a lot of features I can't live without. Still, the price you pay is with scrolling. It's jerky compared to stock, especially when you are slow scrolling. Fast scrolling is not an issue.

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
Yeah, I don't know what you talking about. I'm running Jedi X6.1.2 and I don't feel a performance difference, but I do have a lot of nice goodies stock doesn't have.

ShadowVlican

Feb 27, 2007
Toronto
OP should make a video to show people his problem

I experience none of that with jedi or cleanrom

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mad383Max

warfanax

Aug 16, 2010
I know what he means. I also started a thread about jerky scrolling. Some people seem to have decent eyes they just dont realize or never seen a fluid scrolling capable samsung rom. My stock browser is buttery smooth even with heavy picture loaded wep pages. However tapatalk and facebook and some apps are super jerky. Even setting menu of phone is very jerky. Unbelievable. They are jerky when u scroll only with medium speed. If you scroll very slow or very fast its smooth.

This is very annoying for me. So I flashed every available rom and kernel and tried every rom/kernel combo. I think I found the solution.

Seems like The problem is caused by cpu governer + rom type. So I tried some stock roms that are very smooth and that are jerky.

I got the best scrolling with note2core kernel and ONLY IF you select iNTERACTIVE governer. Perseus and other kernels only have pegasusq governer. Once I made it interactive they all became super smooth.

If you are running perseus kernel or such u can also test this by selecting "performance" governer. It basically keeps your cpu in highest level. And your scrolling becomes buttery smooth.

It has something to do with cpu levels I guess. With pegasusq there is not much load to trigger higher cpu levels so it uses low levels.

I suggest you to try note2core with interactive governer.

J

juwttt

I know what he means. I also started a thread about jerky scrolling. Some people seem to have decent eyes they just dont realize or never seen a fluid scrolling capable samsung rom. My stock browser is buttery smooth even with heavy picture loaded wep pages. However tapatalk and facebook and some apps are super jerky. Even setting menu of phone is very jerky. Unbelievable. They are jerky when u scroll only with medium speed. If you scroll very slow or very fast its smooth.

This is very annoying for me. So I flashed every available rom and kernel and tried every rom/kernel combo. I think I found the solution.

Seems like The problem is caused by cpu governer + rom type. So I tried some stock roms that are very smooth and that are jerky.

I got the best scrolling with note2core kernel and ONLY IF you select iNTERACTIVE governer. Perseus and other kernels only have pegasusq governer. Once I made it interactive they all became super smooth.

If you are running perseus kernel or such u can also test this by selecting "performance" governer. It basically keeps your cpu in highest level. And your scrolling becomes buttery smooth.

It has something to do with cpu levels I guess. With pegasusq there is not much load to trigger higher cpu levels so it uses low levels.

I suggest you to try note2core with interactive governer.

Thanks for your detailed response. ..will try and give some feedback

J

juwttt

Just changed to interactive and very laggy more than before even when forcing all cores online. Ran benchmark it ranged from 30 fps to 62 fps.

I want to exchange at att store but dont know what to tell them..any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Just changed to interactive and very laggy more than before even when forcing all cores online. Ran benchmark it ranged from 30 fps to 62 fps.

I want to exchange at att store but dont know what to tell them..any help is greatly appreciated

the lag should be enough, i did it on my galaxy s3 i had one that seemed to have alot of micro lag......if they can see it they should replace it. Most likely they will ask you to show them the problem, tell them you have a friend with the note 2 and you dont see any of this on his phone and think that it must be a bad unit. they should just replace it if its within the alotted time. just keep complaining you didnt pay that much money for a device to be as laggy as a last years gen phone and so on blah blah blah.....they should give you a new one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP should make a video to show people his problem

I experience none of that with jedi or cleanrom

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app