[Q] Help required ! PLEASE! (No Network/Unknown IMEI when SIM inserted)

Search This thread

OsamaBT

Apr 15, 2012
Dubai
Model: LG Optimus G Pro F240s

I was on a custom rom when I started getting no network so I followed the best method to get to stock by a user (using LG flash tool).

I was successful & got back to as stock as possible, Problem:
the IMEI is showing as unknown, only when SIM is inserted !
WCDMA hidden menu settings change & save when there is no sim but with sim inserted they do not change & IMEI is shown as unknown !
Please help.

I have searched a lot but no progress!
I read that if any of you give me the stock efs images for efs for a Optimus F240s then I can restore them back. :eek:

Last edited:

spramos

May 14, 2009
Model: LG Optimus G Pro F240s

I was on a custom rom when I started getting no network so I followed the best method to get to stock by a user (using LG flash tool).

I was successful & got back to as stock as possible, Problem:
the IMEI is showing as unknown, only when SIM is inserted !
WCDMA hidden menu settings change & save when there is no sim but with sim inserted they do not change & IMEI is shown as unknown !
Please help.

I have searched a lot but no progress!
I read that if any of you give me the stock efs images for efs for a Optimus F240s then I can restore them back. :eek:

Im looking for those too but for the F240L, they say it cant be done . let me know if u find something.

spramos

May 14, 2009
"it`s alive" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here bro :-/
You too let me know if you come across something useful :)

"IT`S ALIVE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

Ok , im a noob but i did what others said "impossible"
There was no logic in my method but i didnt gave up.

I used FlashTool.1.0.54 with a Brazilian carrier KDZ(my current Carrier) . - No sucess (i flashed a 989 kdz in my F240L, but i did that to try to recover modem and baseband data)

After that, as i had no sucess, i flashed the korean kdz ( F240L10v from the LGU carrier) but i did not wipe cashes and user data.

When i finished to flash the f240l my signal was back, but i got several crashes from the rom (i clicked "ok" more than 100 time XD ) but managed to enter system (i was kinda blind cos evething was in korean language) and perform a factory reset.

NOW EVETHING WORKS FINE, THANKS LORD !!!!

My advice: Dont give Up, try everything even if u tried it already...try again and again.

I wish you luck !!!!!

OsamaBT

Apr 15, 2012
Dubai
"IT`S ALIVE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

Ok , im a noob but i did what others said "impossible"
There was no logic in my method but i didnt gave up.

I used FlashTool.1.0.54 with a Brazilian carrier KDZ(my current Carrier) . - No sucess (i flashed a 989 kdz in my F240L, but i did that to try to recover modem and baseband data)

After that, as i had no sucess, i flashed the korean kdz ( F240L10v from the LGU carrier) but i did not wipe cashes and user data.

When i finished to flash the f240l my signal was back, but i got several crashes from the rom (i clicked "ok" more than 100 time XD ) but managed to enter system (i was kinda blind cos evething was in korean language) and perform a factory reset.

NOW EVETHING WORKS FINE, THANKS LORD !!!!

My advice: Dont give Up, try everything even if u tried it already...try again and again.

I wish you luck !!!!!

Nice (Y) :D
Can you give me the links please ! :D

morloonie

Oct 7, 2013
hi guys,

how did you flash this using the lg flash tool?

what is the phone mode? and do i have to be on download mode? TIA

m0rc0n

Jan 1, 2014
Joining the pack here... Please help. Trying to download the Stock ROM for v10V right now. Phone came with 10Z originally or so I think. That's what comes up when I check the IMEI through browser anyway. Tried to put stock 10z and issue unfixed.

Edit:

Cannot download v10V... link from lg-firmware not working.

Anyone who has a copy of it?

Last edited:

m0rc0n

Jan 1, 2014
Fixed it!!! Ahahahaha! :laugh:

Step 1: I installed Stock E980h Panama Firmware. Download it from lg-firmware

Step 2: Installed Stock Original F240L 10z Firmware.

Step 3: Jump, Roll and Jump again becuase it's working now and I dont know why. Ahahahaha! :confused: :D :cool:

dranoel12

Jun 4, 2013
Easy Breezee

this was also my prob 2hours ago. installed custom rom and a baseband that was linked to the rom. after flash i had bootloop, then restored my rom using cwm on the backup i made and it was successful but my imei has gone null.

so what i did was..

downloaded the right modem model from:
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/Modem+Collection/ Thanks to anirudhks.

flash it on cwm.

the wula.
boom
profit.

:)