[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy SL - 20160705

Search This thread

puppynaz

Mar 3, 2012
Mumbai
By porting "CF-ROOT" for those CF-ROOT which make people phone boot loop .....funny hah...

well, i just want to ensure, our member are using the cwm or cf-root which Dhiru is using so, we can avoid unnecessary incompatibility between our so old cf-root. and also "why i get status 7 ? "

Depends on which Stock ROM you are. I prefer flashing DDLF2 Full with PIT and then flashing THIS CF root. And as well as the latest CWM recovery, that gets installed when you flash CM11 or CM10.2 Alpha 4. It's the same.

loneagl

Mar 31, 2012
lost city of Atlanta
OnePlus 8T
Well the rom is awesome. Very smooth.For an alpha 1, it's better than cm10.2 alpha 4.
Some things seem to be missing, however. Like the buttons options to turn off the menu buttons light every time to touch the screen. or the volume-rocker wake. If any found these options, kindly post.
As always, a huge thanks to Dhiru for keeping this device adobe. Thou art god. Hoping for an alpha2..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

chongns

Aug 1, 2011
Johor Bahru
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Bug Report

@dhiru1602

having problem on the cell network and wifi

1. i have imei, but cant register to the cell network.
try to connect manually, but error show " cant connect to this network right now, try again later"

2. i do not have mac address, but i can connect to my wifi.
initially, wifi can not connect to the router, so, after i turn off the mac filtering, than wifi was connected.
so than, i turn on the mac filtering on router again, the wifi connecting still remain, even i turn off than turn on again.
its now back to normal and connect automatically to router now.

additionally, the is a serial number, look like IPv6 mac address below the IP, is that normal ?

screenshot_2013-11-20_22-15-41_zps0eb7af9e.png

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
@dhiru1602

try to connect manually, but error show " cant connect to this network right now, try again later"

initially, wifi can not connect to the router, so, after i turn off the mac filtering, than wifi was connected.
so than, i turn on the mac filtering on router again, the wifi connecting still remain, even i turn off than turn on again.

additionally, the is a serial number, look like IPv6 mac address below the IP, is that normal ?

1. Check if your sim card is proper and your carrier name appears in the Status bar.
2. Did you do a clean flash? Did you have the mac address in the previous builds/
3. That's the IPV6 address. It's normal.

gaurav2912

Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
Dhiru........there exists no words in the any vocabulary that may be adequate enough to Thank you for your dedication and hard work in keeping this device alive.
I'm sure you must have heard this before, but just my 2 cents :)
God Bless Brotha

chongns

Aug 1, 2011
Johor Bahru
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
1. Check if your sim card is proper and your carrier name appears in the Status bar.
Sim card is inserted proper, try 2 times(take out and put back 2 time), status bar show "emergency calls only"
now sim card put back to Gnex, and working.

2. Did you do a clean flash? Did you have the mac address in the previous builds
clean flash from stock, every things is normal. only flash Bam kernel v15 to get cf-root before flash CM11 zip.

3. That's the IPV6 address. It's normal.
hmmmm..ok. but suppose it use IPv4 right?

will do a full wipe later..

jitendragarg

Oct 9, 2011
Finally. A 4.x rom with all 4 processor cores. Sounds awesome. I guess, I have some flashing to do tonight. :good:

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Upgraded from a4 without data wipe and rom boots, flawesly, seems to be a fast rom, no ram hunger, only few bugs faced: 1- browser shows black areas making unreadable pages, 2-have two gallery.apk and camera.apk, 3- cant play my encripted videos with vault.apk(allways fc). For the rest this rom is a good starting point to fabulous smooth rom.

As always our devs give us an amazing present,thanks a ton for your time.

Reactions: hacker804

puppynaz

Mar 3, 2012
Mumbai
@dhiru1602

I got the same issue. I even reverted to older ROMs, the problem's still there. Even tried different modems. Still no difference.
Tried Stock ROM it worked there. But only when I flash CM10.1/10.2/11 I get no network.
WiFi is fine. Actually, data works but only calls don't (with some modems) :confused:

EDIT: Clean flashed (11 times, 11th was the charm). Works as butter. No network DCs.

Last edited:

maksimus0021

Oct 13, 2012
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A53
IMEI

@ dhiru1602 Hi. :)
Did a clean install CM11 Alpha 1. DDLF2 (5 files) -> CF-Root DDLF2 -> Flash Alpha 1 -> Reboot Recovery -> Wipe Data -> Flash Alpha 1 -> Reboot phone. Note the screenshot, I again replaced by IMEI. He began 0049 .... I have a backup / efs /, I will restore IMEI. I think you need to pay attention to this problem. I is a third case. Twice was installing CM10.2 Alpha 4 and now. Thank you for your work! :)
Regards.
Screenshot_2013-11-20-22-04-27.png

yuvaraj

Jul 4, 2009
Hi

This ROM is much faster and good.I noticed following issues.

1. The Browser is working but the webpage goes blank some time.
2. The camera freeze and hangs the phone.
3. phone wont wake up some time.

Thank you for the effort to keep our phone alive.

Yuvaraj

maeysam

Apr 26, 2012
hi...

thanks a lot you dhiru for your work...
you finally make it....
this Rom is very smooth and good for games and better than cm10.2
bug:network speed is not work properly
video recording is good but after closing that phone going to hang...

derapage

Oct 9, 2012
Florence
This ROM is faster than all previously CM... Amazing!

There is a bug in browser and app Luke current... Page became black!
I had only one reboot using camera!

Very good for an alpha1 ROM!

Waiting for the first CM11 official nightly...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iranzarrin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM11. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps
    Download the Pico Modular Package to save space on the system partition.

Android Security patch level - 1st June 2016

Android Security patch level - 1st April 2016
    Improved multitasking ability
    Upstream Changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Updated to 4.4.4
    Pull in changes from NamelessROM
    Improved Video Recording
    Fixed media playback issues.

Upstream Changes

Upstream changes.

Fixed front camera recording issues.
    Upstream Changes.

Optimized CPU speed when screen off
    Bluetooth HID support
    Upstream updates.

Fixed issues with Audio and Media Playback
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Bought back battery changes from 20140120 build
    Fixed Compass
    Fixed media playback.
    Upstream changes.

Upstream changes.

Reverted battery driver changes.
    Upstream changes.

Fixed Battery Drain
    Fixed WiFI Tethering

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    The Google Apps package doesn't include Google Home, Google+, Hangouts and Face Detection.
    It's a good news that our device has been featured in the XDA Portal.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our device to make it live.
    @Adi_Pat, @DooMLoRD, @hillbeast, @waleedq, @codeworkx, @loSconosciuto , @LoLaTiOn

2.6.36 kernel to 3.0.101 kernel
    2.2.1 Froyo to 4.4.2 Kikat.
    A new build is out.