By mudknot2005, Senior Member on 9th March 2011, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2011, 10:28 PM |#171  
Flag Fayettenam
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Question How to guide?
anyway u can point me to a "How to" guide?
13th August 2011, 10:29 PM |#172  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
A how to guide for making animations or how to make the animation into a boot animation? Ask your questions and I will answer them for you.

Here is something you asked about earlier that I came across.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1203660
14th August 2011, 09:38 PM |#173  
Flag Fayettenam

Donate to Me
More
Question
one more question, anny tips on how to make it run a constant look and frames per second and other commands like that in the txt file?
14th August 2011, 10:04 PM |#174  

Donate to Me
More
You have to be the judge of what looks good at what fps. If I make my own then I try to render it out at 15fps to keep the file size down. If playing with video then 24 or 30fps would look better but again you don't want to have a massive file for a boot animation. You have to be the judge of the timing for play through. You can have one or two folders in your boot animation and the text document will change depending on what you want. As an example, in this text document I would have two folders, part0 and part1, and it would read as follows, "480 800 15p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1". This is stating the size, then frames per second, then part, play through first folder once with no pause, and then play the frames in the second folder set infinitely, (first "0" in 0 0 part1), until the phone boots. A "1" would be play through once. The second "0" tells it that there is no pause whereas for example if I changed it to "0 10 part1" I am telling it to pause the time it takes to play 10 frames before starting to play the next set. I hope that is not too confusing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolf Ad-Free
14th August 2011, 10:31 PM |#175  
Flag Fayettenam

Donate to Me
More
Question makes sence
that makes sence. i tryed disceting another bootanimation and its making sense.
one more thing, can pictures ONLY be png and jpeg or can they be .gif or mp4?
if not, i should still be able to make me animation.... its justy gonna take a while to make a couple hundred or so png files... lol
14th August 2011, 10:42 PM |#176  

Donate to Me
More
For boot and down animations only use 8 bit png file format. The system will not play anything else. Also when creating the zip file do not use any compression. You can use programs such as 7-zip or Winrar and set compression method to "Store".
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolf Ad-Free
14th August 2011, 11:14 PM |#177  
Flag Fayettenam

Donate to Me
More
urr awesome! now iff only i can convert mp4 to png... ill figger out a way
15th August 2011, 01:18 AM |#178  
Flag Fayettenam

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy stuck... again
ok so imm having some trouble converting my pictures to an 8bit png. i honestly have no clue how. is there a way to chainge all png pictures in bulk? cause it would rele suck to have to do them indivitually lol
15th August 2011, 02:36 AM |#179  

Donate to Me
More
Yes, they can be changed in bulk and an mp4 can be converted to a png image sequence. It really depends on what software you have. What are you trying to use to convert them? Do you also have the png's already or not yet.
15th August 2011, 10:33 PM |#180  
Flag Fayetteville or RussellHell, AR
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_2

You have to be the judge of what looks good at what fps. If I make my own then I try to render it out at 15fps to keep the file size down. If playing with video then 24 or 30fps would look better but again you don't want to have a massive file for a boot animation. You have to be the judge of the timing for play through. You can have one or two folders in your boot animation and the text document will change depending on what you want. As an example, in this text document I would have two folders, part0 and part1, and it would read as follows, "480 800 15p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1". This is stating the size, then frames per second, then part, play through first folder once with no pause, and then play the frames in the second folder set infinitely, (first "0" in 0 0 part1), until the phone boots. A "1" would be play through once. The second "0" tells it that there is no pause whereas for example if I changed it to "0 10 part1" I am telling it to pause the time it takes to play 10 frames before starting to play the next set. I hope that is not too confusing.

Wolf - let me hand it to you pal. You most certainly are the bees knees when it comes to helping someone out. If everything pans out, I will be getting a hold of a laptop today, err, a lap, since there is no top. But I have a screen and can hopefully get everything running and put something worthwhile up. Just couldn't help but think Killer Job. In case you never hear it, or not enough - Great Great job and keep rockin it out.

I will be there ONE day.......
The Following User Says Thank You to dyliho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dyliho Ad-Free
15th August 2011, 10:36 PM |#181  
Flag Fayetteville or RussellHell, AR
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
BTW..... You have some killer Sig Tags buddy. You weren't lying when you said you change them often. Just thought I'd put that out there. Enough gravelling?
The Following User Says Thank You to dyliho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dyliho Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)