FORUMS

[bootanimation] bootanimations and bootanimation requests

1,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 262
 
By mudknot2005, Senior Member on 9th March 2011, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2012, 04:40 PM |#281  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
[Request] THX animation with THX sound.
I was wondering if someone would be willing to make the THX animation and THX sound for my ICS Ascension ROM? I have been researching boot splashes and animations and sound for three days and admittedly its a little over my head at this point. I am not a cook/dev nor profess to be, and do appreciate all of you on the front lines.

and Id like to give thanks in advance...

Thank you for your time.
28th February 2012, 09:25 PM |#282  
homeslice976's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,154
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler79durdan

I was wondering if someone would be willing to make the THX animation and THX sound for my ICS Ascension ROM? I have been researching boot splashes and animations and sound for three days and admittedly its a little over my head at this point. I am not a cook/dev nor profess to be, and do appreciate all of you on the front lines.

and Id like to give thanks in advance...

Thank you for your time.

suuuuuuuure

boot animation
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq2xn6ewnazzmjv

sound
http://www.mediafire.com/?dp77mfvg2sdmkpg

Rename to bootanimation.zip and anroid_audio.mp3, put in the correct directory, and set permissions accordingly

splash screen (in case you wanted it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?b8xbxrxyulwgwh2

Rename to PD98IMG.zip, put on the root of your SD, flash in BOOTLOADER/HBoot


I can only assume you meant the THX Intro/Sound
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
29th February 2012, 02:22 PM |#283  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976

suuuuuuuure

boot animation
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq2xn6ewnazzmjv

sound
http://www.mediafire.com/?dp77mfvg2sdmkpg

Rename to bootanimation.zip and anroid_audio.mp3, put in the correct directory, and set permissions accordingly

splash screen (in case you wanted it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?b8xbxrxyulwgwh2

Rename to PD98IMG.zip, put on the root of your SD, flash in BOOTLOADER/HBoot


I can only assume you meant the THX Intro/Sound

OMG you kick ass!!! Nice work man will be trying out shortly!!! THANKS AGAIN! You get 10 thanks for this... lol

-Aaron

EDIT: I just maxed out my thanks for the day on you(didnt know there was a max) THANK YOU
29th February 2012, 03:27 PM |#284  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
I need help with my boot sound in Ascension ROM

Placed the mp3 file in system/media with my bootani and set permission to rw-r-r for both files.

The bootani works, but the sound doesnt.

I tried to follow renaldos post on cm and absolution sound installs, bootsnd.sh is on root, but in emulator i type the final command "sh bootsnd.sh, and i get a message saying no such user or similar phrase.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: MY ROMS ADMIN/DEV INFORMED ME THAT THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED YET. Thank you for your time.
29th February 2012, 07:54 PM |#285  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
Homeslice here is the zip i adjusted. can you tell me what went wrong. When you package they work, when i package they dont. Im a bootani retard... lol

Thanks man.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation_thx2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.45 MB, 12 views)
29th February 2012, 08:39 PM |#286  
homeslice976's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,154
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler79durdan

Homeslice here is the zip i adjusted. can you tell me what went wrong. When you package they work, when i package they dont. Im a bootani retard... lol

Thanks man.

desc.txt no longer has store compression, and the image you added to part5 does not have store compression
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homeslice976 Ad-Free
29th February 2012, 11:24 PM |#287  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976

desc.txt no longer has store compression, and the image you added to part5 does not have store compression

Thanks for the one on one help in chat... Gonna keep searching about what we talked about.
1st March 2012, 06:59 PM |#288  
Senior Member
Flag new york ny
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
wonder will this also work on the rumrunner rom? on a htc inspire 4g
1st March 2012, 07:29 PM |#289  
tyler79durdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashsru

wonder will this also work on the rumrunner rom? on a htc inspire 4g

If i understand these techniques, this should work for any GB rom. It wont hurt to try it, just make sure you read the whole thread before attempting anything that will modify your phone.

I spent hours yesterday trying these techniques and modifying them for use with my phone, and my phone is just fine.

Good luck, if you have questions im sure homeslice967 would be willing to help, and i have learned a few things myself.
He spent several hours one on one with me yesterday. He is a good person.
The Following User Says Thank You to tyler79durdan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tyler79durdan Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 02:18 AM |#290  
dj sampson's Avatar
Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Just wanted to let everyone playing around with there boot animations. There is a very simple app to use on the market called "boot animation changer lite/pro. I went with pro. Think it was like. $.99. Used it because it had a decepticon boot animation. It also comes with a file in the tools to add sound to the animation. Easy to use one touch no boot loader. Just fyi easy on my inspire rooted cm7.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
2nd March 2012, 05:36 AM |#291  
virusmonk3y's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Deer Park
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sampson

Just wanted to let everyone playing around with there boot animations. There is a very simple app to use on the market called "boot animation changer lite/pro. I went with pro. Think it was like. $.99. Used it because it had a decepticon boot animation. It also comes with a file in the tools to add sound to the animation. Easy to use one touch no boot loader. Just fyi easy on my inspire rooted cm7.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Hmm really? I never noticed any tools with mine. Is that just for the paid version?

Edit: disregard, apparently the was not working correctly. Reinstalled and is working normally

Sent from the internets
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes