194 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By vphotographic, Senior Member on 3rd December 2013, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2014, 10:45 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can you send me the link? Thank you.
I purchased my Sp2 from ibood and it's in Spanish. Not a massive problem for me but I'd like to be able to recover it to English.
24th November 2014, 09:48 AM |#62  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carphead

Can you send me the link? Thank you.
I purchased my Sp2 from ibood and it's in Spanish. Not a massive problem for me but I'd like to be able to recover it to English.

I have exactly the same issue, my Surface Pro 2 came form Greece and it comes with the Spanish/Portuguese recovery. Can someone pm me a link for the UK or US recovery please?
24th November 2014, 11:51 AM |#63  

More
Hi, I have a short question (for which I couldn't find the answer on google nor in the xda forums, if the answer is here sorry for posting the question again), I have a surface pro 2 (128 GB HDD and 4GB RAM, version) can I wipe the entire hdd using hiren and than install windows 8.1 Pro, partition the space in 2 drivers (C for OS and D for data)?
The reason I am asking this is that I don't really need the recovery (I can do my own recovery with norton ghost or any other program that allows this) so in this situation I would free up some space and get rid of that back-up crap from microsoft which I personally find useless.
24th November 2014, 10:01 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I did this with both my Pro 1 and 2. I found that with the Pro 1 it didn't cause any issues but with my pro 2 it made the battery life really poor.

It might be that I had the power settings badly setup but since going back to the stock recovery, even if I had to fix the language issues, it's been back to how it should be. If I can't get hold of English recovery I'll give it another go at some point.
25th November 2014, 08:01 AM |#65  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scovik

Hi, I have a short question (for which I couldn't find the answer on google nor in the xda forums, if the answer is here sorry for posting the question again), I have a surface pro 2 (128 GB HDD and 4GB RAM, version) can I wipe the entire hdd using hiren and than install windows 8.1 Pro, partition the space in 2 drivers (C for OS and D for data)?
The reason I am asking this is that I don't really need the recovery (I can do my own recovery with norton ghost or any other program that allows this) so in this situation I would free up some space and get rid of that back-up crap from microsoft which I personally find useless.

Maybe you can try windows based disk managment tool to wipe the recovery(diskmgmt.msc)
And you could partition the 5-6GB for yourself(Not sure if you're bigger than me)
25th November 2014, 08:43 AM |#66  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidvillage

Maybe you can try windows based disk managment tool to wipe the recovery(diskmgmt.msc)
And you could partition the 5-6GB for yourself(Not sure if you're bigger than me)

The only reason I am asking is that I never liked to have only 1 partition, in case of a restore I can loose stuff not to mention the space it eats each time it creates a back-up. So I'm thinking of wiping the entire HDD and make an OS dedicated partition along with a data one and install a windows 8.1 Pro and use the key that comes with the tablet.
22nd December 2014, 09:48 AM |#67  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vphotographic

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a image up on the net for my Surface and if so a guide to get it back to factory status, i lost the recovery partition recently and did a install of 8.1 pro from a USB for other sources.

Thanks

Paul

h t t p s : / / k i c k a s s . s o / s u r f a c e - 2 - w i n d o w s - r t - 8 - 1 - u s b - r e c o v e r y - e n g l i s h - f o r - c a n a d a - u s a - t 9 6 2 6 9 2 4 . h t m l

link for your required image ... pls remove spaces
1st January 2015, 04:37 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I need a Surface 2 recovery image as well. The official site is giving me headaches.
8th January 2015, 06:58 AM |#69  
Flag In The Air
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjr

I have exactly the same issue, my Surface Pro 2 came form Greece and it comes with the Spanish/Portuguese recovery. Can someone pm me a link for the UK or US recovery please?

Hi all,

I have the same issue, my Surface pro 2 have Spanish, and Portuguese recovery, but i'am french.... Very hard to understand...
Is there a solution to get the french version for my surface?

Thank you all for your help.
12th January 2015, 06:38 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone know if this recovery(from MS) is English:
SurfacePro2_BMR_10.2.8.0.zip ?
15th January 2015, 10:36 AM |#71  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 284

More
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

A Link from my Onedrive for the Euro English Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to baileyjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baileyjr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)