[2014.11.10][ROOT] adbd Insecure v2.00

Search This thread

Marzycielx

Oct 19, 2022
unfortunately it doesn't work on Doogee S88 Plus, i run the application i check both option but when i try to run "adb root" i get response "adbd cannot run as root in production builds"

May 27, 2013
Does not work for me in Android 12 on rooted Ulefone Note 14.
"Could not patch adbd" even with superuser rights granted.

Is there another way to get around the "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" issue (rooted stock rom)

Lubo99

May 26, 2017
guys as chainfire and magisk modules dont work anymore on android version 12+ what if i change this prop setting

[ro.adb.secure]: [1] to 0 . I dont think this can cause bootloop since it does not mean boot image is unprotected but rather ADB setting is "unprotected" I will welcome any ideas but mostly someone who can confirm this.

lolvatveo

Nov 1, 2020
Biên Hòa city
guys as chainfire and magisk modules dont work anymore on android version 12+ what if i change this prop setting

[ro.adb.secure]: [1] to 0 . I dont think this can cause bootloop since it does not mean boot image is unprotected but rather ADB setting is "unprotected" I will welcome any ideas but mostly someone who can confirm this.
edit it in default.prop not build.prop after unpack stock boot.img, then reflash boot.img

Lubo99

May 26, 2017
edit it in default.prop not build.prop after unpack stock boot.img, then reflash boot.img
so unpack boot.img and there is default.prop ? and then pack back and flash?

thing is that boot.img i have is patched with magisk and I have system32 tool(to be able to set all partition to RWmode) I dont know if this affects boot.img and I dont want to lose this.

theteeth07

Mar 28, 2023
hi

i'm trying to use a modified adbd like adbd_21.png from eu.chainfire. Just wondering if there is a later version that's better to try Android 10, wireless adb, temporary su so can edit default.prop but my adbd daemon seems protected. I heard there is an adbd_25.png for adb insecure but can't seem to find it.

thanks in advance
steve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adbd Insecure lets you run adbd in root mode if your device is rooted.

(Note that if you are running a custom kernel, it is likely that it already implements this functionality)

If you are running a stock (made by the phone manufacturer) kernel on your device, chances are adbd is running in "secure" mode, even if you are rooted. This app lets you run adbd in "insecure" mode, which gives you root access in "adb shell", allows access to system files and directories through "adb push/pull", and lets you run the "adb remount" command to make your /system partition writable.

Of course, your device must already be rooted for this to work. It may not work with "S-ON" devices and locked bootloaders.

This app does not make any permanent changes to your device - a reboot will undo any modification. That's why there is also the option to enable this feature at boot.

Note that if you have USB connected when the app activates or deactivates adbd root mode, you may need to unplug/replug the cable or run "adb kill-server" on your computer before adb will work again.

Download

Download from Google Play

The Google Play download is not free - it costs about a beer (thanks!). The download listed below is 100% the exact same program, but free. Please consider supporting my work :)

REDISTRIBUTION IS NOT ALLOWED
    (no posting on other sites, no cooking into your ROMs, etc)

(The download is free for now, but I reserve the right to pull it at any time)

( 1.0: 3616; 1.1: 3527; 1.2: 8582; 1.30: 35699 )
    2014.11.10 - v2.00
    - Android 5.0 compatibility

2013.05.23 - v1.30
    - SELinux fixes (SGS4)

2012.12.19 - v1.20
    - Jelly Bean (4.2.x) fixes

2012.10.01 - v1.1
    - Jelly Bean (4.1.x) fixes
    No, that command does actually work, prefixed with "su". In fact, all of the things mentioned are still possible with su, inside adb shell, even without adbd insecure, on one of the devices this program is made for.

The thing is, say you want to pull something from a location thats "protected", you'd first have to shell into the device, "su", move it to a location accessable to adbd, logout of the shell, then adb pull. Push ? Same thing, other way around.

Same thing goes for a large number of commands, you can skip the entire "su" part needed on some devices.

Everything this enables is still possible on every rooted device, it just saves you quite a bit of typing (and hairpulling) for those who do not have adb running as root. If you use adb as much as I do, this is absolutely something you want.

On the other hand, if you're the occasional adb user only, you may not know what to do with this - and then this is not for you :)
    v2.00 released with 5.0 lollipop support
    So, this basically saves us the trouble of typing 'adb remount' ?

No, it *allows* you to run 'adb remount' on rooted devices that do not allow it (which is quite a few).