LocationSMS (Send a SMS with your GPS-Coordinates !!)

Search This thread

AX3L

May 24, 2005
Italy
Simply and useful...
LocateSMS permitt to include your GPS-coordinates into a SMS !!

...Your friend, simply receive a SMS from you, put the coordinates into his Navigator-software, and navigate to where you are!

All-Language version (WWE - ITA - FRA - ESP - GER - RUS - CH - GRE)

capturebo2.jpg

Note:
- Tap&Hold on "To:< >" to open the Contact's list
- Tap&Hold on the bubble near the GPS-coordinates to open the text-templates list
- Some texts are included, however you can write what you want!

Requirement:
- A PocketPC and a GPS-antenna (wired, bluetooth, integrated, etc...)

An example about how navigate to some coordinates using TomTom:

Go to "Navigate" -> "Navigate to latitude and longitude" and insert the coordinates in this way:

12:34'56.78" become 12.34567°

(extracted from an Eten X500's ROM, tested on a HTC Trinity)

Attachments

• LocationSMS.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 6,795
Last edited:

Marshall07

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2007
L'aquila
It's a wonderful app! Expecially for me since my device has a build-in GPS antenna.

Complimenti,

Marshall

moullas

May 15, 2007
Nicosia
Any way to configure the sending format of the coordinates?
Like for example get the GPS data, convert to UTM and then send?

Great app all the same, keep up the good work!

AX3L

May 24, 2005
Italy
the format is a standard....TomTom, for example accept only this format!

Anyway, an example using TomTom:

Simply insert 13:20'31.40 as "13.20314"

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
the format is a standard....TomTom, for example accept only this format!

Anyway, an example using TomTom:

Simply insert 13:20'31.40 as "13.20314"

I don't think you can convert from Degrees:Minutes'Seconds (DMS) to Decimal Degrees (DD) quite so easily. DD=D+(M/60)+(S/3600)

13 degrees 20 minutes 31.4 seconds converts to 13.34206 decimal degrees. There are online converters as well: http://www.cosports.com/tools/gps_coords.htm

Also for reference http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...oordinate+conversion&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

AX3L

May 24, 2005
Italy

StiflersMom

Nov 30, 2006
Works well on XDA Orbit.

Would be nice if it also could send a google maps link automaticly.
Does anyone knows a similar software that sends an email with the coordinates (perhaps in google maps format) ?

vlodeck

Retired Moderator
Aug 1, 2006
classified
Marshall: Although Mio one is easier to use. Just hold the volume down key for 6 seconds and your coordinates will be sent to the people you've chosen on the list before.

fjprieto

Sep 19, 2007
LocationSMS

I Have a X50V with WM6. LocationSMS dont Work. it say me that fault any component.

mrtnld

Aug 14, 2007
LocationSMS new?

I can't make the add from contact's work.

i have an Eten M700, which is preinstalled with an old version and I can't seam to overwrite it?!?

Is it possible to download the exe file somewhere?

Last edited:

wesko

Oct 1, 2007
The location sms is also recognized by www.poi66.com If you send location messages there the server will drawn a google map for you with all your waypoints.

activation:
SMS USER yourname to +31638157313

create album for YOUR waypoints:
SMS ALBUM albumname to +31638157313

Now you can send your Location SMS to this number and see what happens. You can actually download GPX, KML, Tomtom and many other files from it.

Al replacement of the Location sms could be:
SMS GP latitude longitude free text to +31638157313 as long that's a degrees-formatted string (42.73723 or 1.11283, no minutes, no seconds, just degrees).

Kees

hurricane3000

Sep 17, 2007
LocationSMS

Hi to all!

I have a Hp Hx 4700 with Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
I never found any kind of problem in installing new software, but installation of LocatioSMS is failed.
It return me an error saying "Installation is not terminated-Repeat again installation.

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited:

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Nice app, tried this on the HTC Trinity with several ROM's. For some strange reason it tells me that the SMS has been sent, it's also in my "sent items" but I don't recieve the SMS. Any ideas?

evojulz

Mar 10, 2007
London
Nice app, tried this on the HTC Trinity with several ROM's. For some strange reason it tells me that the SMS has been sent, it's also in my "sent items" but I don't recieve the SMS. Any ideas?

AX3L, very nice UI and would be very handy if it didn't act the same as mccune's on my Trin.

Seems to take a long time to send and then notifies it has been sent, moves it to the sent items but does not send. I can however forward it from my sent items (as you would expect just like a normal SMS).

Message (substituted X's):
Eten#This is my Location:#E 170:XX'X.XX"#S 45:XX'X.XX"#my location#EtenSMS