Might get an M8vzw soon, wanna see how development is

Search This thread

TenderloinShadow

Dec 30, 2011
So I had planned to stick with my old d2vzw (Verizon S3) through next year, but I think it just physically died on me. So I may need to upgrade way, way sooner.

The M8, I believe is the only phone on Verizon currently capable of flashing AOSP based ROMs. Can anyone chime in with how development is?

I've seen Liquid (my fav) and a GPE port are on this forum, but I don't see anything else. How is the ROM selection overall?

I can't leave Verizon, not an option. :( I hate them so ****ing much.

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
There's a lot more roms available than just the ones you see on the VZW M8 forum. Check out the development forums on the regular M8 forum. Most of them work on Verizon but you need to read to make sure a given rom works on Verizon phones.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8

Last edited:
Reactions: JB_Da_Greatest

JB_Da_Greatest

There's a lot more roms available than just the ones you see on the VZW M8 forum. Check out the development forums on the regular M8 forum. Most of them work on Verizon but you need to read to make sure a given rom works on Verizon phones.

Wow I was missing out on a lot of roms I thought roms were only compatible in this forum

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Abe21599

Apr 13, 2009
So I had planned to stick with my old d2vzw (Verizon S3) through next year, but I think it just physically died on me. So I may need to upgrade way, way sooner.

The M8, I believe is the only phone on Verizon currently capable of flashing AOSP based ROMs. Can anyone chime in with how development is?

I've seen Liquid (my fav) and a GPE port are on this forum, but I don't see anything else. How is the ROM selection overall?

I can't leave Verizon, not an option. :( I hate them so ****ing much.

M8 is not the only vz phone that has AOSP ROMs available, G2, Moto X for an example. just have to look.

neoreeps

Jul 1, 2014
Danville, CA
I've always been partial to CM myself. Love the M8, by far the best phone ever IMHO. I've used gpe port and viper but keep going back to cm.

If you want to get into development, I've never seen any project as well documented as cm. Their wiki can take any noob and have them building from source in just a couple hours.

/* sent from cm11 on m8vzw */

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There's plenty of roms and tweaks available for the m8. I personally recommend it. I'm using the viperone Rom which is my fav as of right now.

HTC ONE M8?
    LiquidSmooth, CleanROM, Vanir, AOKP, CM, BadSeed, InsertCoin, Viper, GPE, SlimROM, Pac-Man, Paranoid Android, etc. The usuals are all present and accounted for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app