FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] (Phone+GPS+Vista GPS+touch)Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty

618 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By thaihugo, Senior Member on 19th March 2009, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2009, 06:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hissing, loud pitch noise after installing Light and/or Full ROMs
Thaihugo thanks for your work. I admire you for your work and for the time you put into this.

This is my first post I think although I check and look into the threads on a daily basis.

I installed both roms, the light version and the full version. For both cases, I got a hissing, loud pitching noise after making or receiving a call. The phone software would work but no voice was heard at the Shift. After ending the call, the hissing noise started and it would only stop with a soft reset via VISTA. In some ocassions, after making or receiving a call, WM would freeze and thus a soft reset was needed.

I also tried to SMS but it didn't work. I was able to receive SMS but not to send a new SMS or to reply an SMS. When trying to do so, the SMS would just go to the OUTBOX bin and stay there for a few minutes. After a while, an error message would come on.

Your roms are great.

Please let me know if you have any comments about the noise that I'm reporting or the SMS issue. I've read about this hissing noise issue at other threads but I thought your latest roms dealt with this problem already.

Thanks

22nd March 2009, 07:42 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocios

Thaihugo thanks for your work. I admire you for your work and for the time you put into this.

This is my first post I think although I check and look into the threads on a daily basis.

I installed both roms, the light version and the full version. For both cases, I got a hissing, loud pitching noise after making or receiving a call. The phone software would work but no voice was heard at the Shift. After ending the call, the hissing noise started and it would only stop with a soft reset via VISTA. In some ocassions, after making or receiving a call, WM would freeze and thus a soft reset was needed.

I also tried to SMS but it didn't work. I was able to receive SMS but not to send a new SMS or to reply an SMS. When trying to do so, the SMS would just go to the OUTBOX bin and stay there for a few minutes. After a while, an error message would come on.

Your roms are great.

Please let me know if you have any comments about the noise that I'm reporting or the SMS issue. I've read about this hissing noise issue at other threads but I thought your latest roms dealt with this problem already.

Thanks

Install this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DMWZBMQ6

This will solve the hissing. You forgot to install the radio.

For the SMS, make sure you have entered the SMS service number in the phone parameters for your provider. Look on your provider website for this info.

If too many people experience problem to find their SMS number or their connection setup, I might put back the automatic setup, but I still think the 3 megs of storage are too expensive for a one time setup.
23rd March 2009, 04:37 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonlsl

i can't download from the above link,can you upload to other site

i can't download the both roms, if possible, please upload to the site http://www.filesavr.com. thanks
23rd March 2009, 08:18 AM |#24  

More
Thaihugo Thanks!!!!
It works great, it was not easy but the hardspl works and a shifts bios update and finally got my shift stable and up to date with your latest rom and phone.
The first impression is that Tom tom works but as known a shortage of memory to use the maps but the program works. I tested more gps programs and they work.
The gpsblue was a little difficult got it not to work. So I took the gps gate again and that worked perfect and quick, good signal on vista side. The gps test program is handy, on the other hand there are enough other programs to test, so if you want to free memory.
Form spb the traveller and phone suite are working perfect
Other programs will work but needs improved screen as known
The task manager and the cleantemp are very handy
I cannot wait for your develloping of memory and vga
What a good job thanks again

Question: where can I check the phone version????
23rd March 2009, 08:54 PM |#25  

More
Great rom!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaihugo

Install this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DMWZBMQ6

This will solve the hissing. You forgot to install the radio.

For the SMS, make sure you have entered the SMS service number in the phone parameters for your provider. Look on your provider website for this info.

If too many people experience problem to find their SMS number or their connection setup, I might put back the automatic setup, but I still think the 3 megs of storage are too expensive for a one time setup.

Thanks for the help. I got it moving along. I got both my work email and the internet connection up and running. I'm still not able to send SMS. It's odd because I do receive SMS and phone calls. I can also make phone calls too.

Anyway, your rom is great. I decided to go for the age of beauty. With your rom I was able to install all the stuff that I never did because of RAM constraints. I now have in my HTC shift (besides the obvious - Office, etc.):

- PDF viewer - PocketXpdf
- Personal Accounting - Cash Organizer
- Real VGA with 128 dpp
- Opera brower
- Pictures, Images viewer - XnView Pocket. This one helps me al ot because frequently I get scanned documments via email and I wasn't able to open them up because the Windows Image viewer is just too basic
- Phatnotes - Note taking software
- Resco Address Book - This program might be redundant so I will probably take it off.

I packed all of the above into WM using your rom and I still have about 10 MB free for storing more stuff!!!!

In my opinion, the Shift is now one step closer to perfection. SD and Bluetooth activation are still the challenge.

Great work! I'll donate soon.
23rd March 2009, 09:42 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
you can even use upx to save more space. just copy your biggest exe or dll to vista side, upx them, and copy them back. It doesn't work for all, but most of them can save space.
as for sms, go to your phone settings, then the last tab. there must be your provider sms phone number there.
23rd March 2009, 11:03 PM |#27  
Flag Westbury

Donate to Me
More
Love this ROM but I can't get the Network browser to work - I followed your instructions and established that I called Vista side HTCShift and sharing is allowed, but it just says it can't connect. Do I need to set up which "network adapter" to use? If so, which one do i use?
23rd March 2009, 11:16 PM |#28  

More
I am using age of reason (excellent work) but have a small problem. I choose manually the network and the band in SIM settings in order to make phone calls, SMS and have data connections. The only problem is that it doesn't connect any more in 3G, only in GPRS. Is there a setting like in previous ROMs in "settings" (on the lower right of the screen - can't find them enywhere) to force it use 3G or HSPDA?
24th March 2009, 09:00 AM |#29  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarg

I am using age of reason (excellent work) but have a small problem. I choose manually the network and the band in SIM settings in order to make phone calls, SMS and have data connections. The only problem is that it doesn't connect any more in 3G, only in GPRS. Is there a setting like in previous ROMs in "settings" (on the lower right of the screen - can't find them enywhere) to force it use 3G or HSPDA?

The problem is same with mine.. only gsm band can get the line.. if i put auto no service will be appear.. maybe have a problem with the radio..
24th March 2009, 02:17 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstables

Love this ROM but I can't get the Network browser to work - I followed your instructions and established that I called Vista side HTCShift and sharing is allowed, but it just says it can't connect. Do I need to set up which "network adapter" to use? If so, which one do i use?

Are you connected using connection center? make sure you have selected a partnership or a guest mode connection.
24th March 2009, 02:39 PM |#31  
Flag Westbury

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaihugo

Are you connected using connection center? make sure you have selected a partnership or a guest mode connection.

Yes, it connects with Vista fine as it sync'd all my contacts and diary entries and continues to connect and sync...

The Network Plugin says "Map Drive Failed" if I try to set it up under \\htcshift\users or \\htcshift\c$ and if I try to browse it says "No computer was found on the network"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)