Best case for HTC One X

Search This thread

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
I've had the cimo tpu clear case on since July and have dropped it twice on my kitchen tile and a few times on the concrete parking lot at work while taking it out of my suit jacket pocket. I hear a thud and see it bounce and my one x is still in perfect condition.

I recommend it. Getting one for my wife's iPhone 4S in all its glass surrounded glory. That's how good I believe it is.

Reactions: d0wnti.me

n19htmare

Sep 27, 2007
I've been using the Ballistic SG case since day one and have no issues with it. I find Ballistic cases to have the best button tactile feel and use for some reason. I like that the corners are WELL protected, I've dropped by device numerous times on all types of surfaces and it's been flawless.

Bulk wise it's really not that bad compared to the protection it offers.

Cheap too, $18 on Amazon.

MostBrownPlayer

Oct 1, 2012
Has anyone been to WirelessGrounds site, as I was looking at the HTC One X Armor Stand Case and was wondering if anyone had any experience with their products. I wish I could post a link to it, but I just registered to get some help with this. :(

It looks like one of the only Silicone + Plastic cases I would ever purchase, also does anyone have recommendations on purely Silicone cases? I was also looking at the Amzer Silicone case. I'm mainly looking for a raised rim to protect from drops on the screen.

Last edited:

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
Well after waiting over a month my silacrylic one X case arrived (post office problem) and now I can say without a doubt that this must be the nicest case I have had for any phone. It adds just the right amount of weight and thickness for my liking, and it gives the phone amazing protection considering the little bulk actually added.

The cutouts fit the one xl model perfectly,buttons are actually easier to push than the bare phone, adds a nice grip, and the materials feel premium as well.

9/10 on this case. Only thing I would have liked to see would have been the use of slightly firmer silicone for the internal shell, but it's not something that would stop me from using this case.

Never owned a case from seido before, but I don't see myself using any other brand of case for any future phone. Money well spent on this one.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

fusedkid999

Jun 22, 2012
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a good case that's white? (I would prefer it to not be TPU as they change colors easily)

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
It adds just the right amount of weight and thickness for my liking, and it gives the phone amazing protection considering the little bulk actually added.

The cutouts fit the one xl model perfectly,buttons are actually easier to push than the bare phone, adds a nice grip, and the materials feel premium as well.

9/10 on this case. Only thing I would have liked to see would have been the use of slightly firmer silicone for the internal shell, but it's not something that would stop me from using this case.
+1 on the Incipio SIlicrylic
I got the black on black for my black one x the other day and I agree with what you wrote completely

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
Last edited:

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
The great thing about the silacrylic case is that while it's two pieces is feels like a single piece once it's on and rather than most cases the cutouts are positioned for the one xl and not the one X.

Unless you are looking for a paper thin hard shell case (never saw the point in them) then you will love the silacrylic case. Protects the camera, there is enough of a lip that if it falls face down on a flat surface the screen won't get a scratch, the hard shell covers the back and all four corners (points where impact will cause the most damage) and the silicon shell gives you perfect use of the power and volume buttons. The buttons actually seem easier to push with the case on. One thing in didn't see mentioned about the case is that the cutout for the usb slot is actually big enough to handle the larger square cords and not just the smaller ones like the stock cord.

If you don't mind a little extra bulk (I prefer larger screen phones to not be so thin. Hard to handle for me) then this is without a doubt the best case you can get for the one X.

If you want thin tpu case either get the driztronic or cruzerlight cases. Just don't get the white or clear models. They get dirty or discolour really fast.

I liked the speck candy shell, but holy crap is that a monster to take off. Make sure you don't need to access the simcard slot after its on. You will feel like you are going to snap your phone in half trying to get it off.

In have owned a lot of cases for the one X, from cheap tpu cases from china, to higher quality ones from cruzerlight, case mate cases, otterbox and now the incipio silacrylic case. If you want the case with the best protection without adding too much bulk then you have to get the incipio. Best case I have had for any phone.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Reactions: mikel.canovas

doc_v15

Oct 15, 2010
I use Momax iCase pro..its good combination of PC and TPU, solid and simple

Sent from my Nexus S

Apr 17, 2011
I got a Ballistics case, actually ordered it before phone was out in U.S., then picked up phone the day it was released[store only got six and put four on display, luckily I was the first one in the store, 18 minutes after opening]. The only complaint I have about the case is that sometimes it is hard to touch the very edges of screen, like to use the scroll bar. Two finger touch scrolling fixes that. I have had some pretty intense drops with no damage to phone whatsoever.

Luisit0

Mar 29, 2011
San Juan
The generic 2 layer case u find on eBay that's a variant of the Seidio active case, costed me $8 and protects my phone better than the $40 otterbox commuter case. My phone fell from a 5 feet tall window to concrete face first, nothing happened. My friend's one x fell when he pulled it out of his pocket, about 4 feet, on a sidewalk and one of the edges got a small scrape and the screen had a small hairline scratch. I laughed lolz but yeah its been a great case.

Sent from the One u wish u had ;)

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
The great thing about the silacrylic case is that while it's two pieces is feels like a single piece once it's on and rather than most cases the cutouts are positioned for the one xl and not the one X.

Unless you are looking for a paper thin hard shell case (never saw the point in them) then you will love the silacrylic case. Protects the camera, there is enough of a lip that if it falls face down on a flat surface the screen won't get a scratch, the hard shell covers the back and all four corners (points where impact will cause the most damage) and the silicon shell gives you perfect use of the power and volume buttons. The buttons actually seem easier to push with the case on. One thing in didn't see mentioned about the case is that the cutout for the usb slot is actually big enough to handle the larger square cords and not just the smaller ones like the stock cord.

If you don't mind a little extra bulk (I prefer larger screen phones to not be so thin. Hard to handle for me) then this is without a doubt the best case you can get for the one X.

If you want thin tpu case either get the driztronic or cruzerlight cases. Just don't get the white or clear models. They get dirty or discolour really fast.

I liked the speck candy shell, but holy crap is that a monster to take off. Make sure you don't need to access the simcard slot after its on. You will feel like you are going to snap your phone in half trying to get it off.

In have owned a lot of cases for the one X, from cheap tpu cases from china, to higher quality ones from cruzerlight, case mate cases, otterbox and now the incipio silacrylic case. If you want the case with the best protection without adding too much bulk then you have to get the incipio. Best case I have had for any phone.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

So i went to att and tried a couple of cases. I liked the look and feel of the otterbox commuter the best but it made the power button impossible to press. The speck candyshell grip stuck to my pockets when i tried to take it out. The regular candyshell was nice but the red color was not my favorite. Does the incipio stick to your pockets when you pull it out? A reviewer on youtube said it would and that the inner piece is really flimsy and not that great.

Also i just. Discovered this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1FFkUMgLX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2011
Otterbox Defender

I bought the Otterbox Defender a month ago. I knew it was a rugged device but found pulling down the notifications area difficult because I have fat fingers. So I decided to return it back and get the silicone gel based cover. On the day I was supposed to return the case, I was cycling and was taking a slow mo video using my HOX. I lost balance and fell. Was it a fall or what! I had a lot of bruises and my phone took the worst hit.

Checked the phone for any scratches and there was none literally. The otterbox's rubber outer shell took all the impact and there was a small scratch on the rubber on the back. If you guys are like me and tend to have such falls :p, the otterbox defender is the best case hands down. I know it spoils the looks a little but its really THE defender for your One X :good:

d0wnti.me

Jan 16, 2011
eight one four
I've been using the speck candyshell on my one x for a few weeks now, minus the removal of the case, this is great. Now I have a ton of other cases sitting in a box haha :shrug:

Sent from my Nexus VII

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
how is the audio quality on the ballistic cases? is it muffled or can i set my phone down on its back and be happy with the way it sounds?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to start a new thread, but this one is screaming along so I will add my experience to this one

I was pretty taken by the Otterbox Defender (black) and got one at the end of July. At first I was pretty happy with it. The fit was good, and even though it's a chunky case, it was only 1mm bigger all round then my flip case.

A couple of months later, the rubber around the top and bottom of the phone started getting loose, and the back started to bubble off the back of the phone, and at this point it has stretched to sit about 5mm off the phone. I was also a bit iffy on the amount of dust and dead skin that makes its way though the speaker grill slot down in between the phone screen and the protective cover. Also, the little flappy bit that protects the charge point is starting to tear away.

On a whim, I decided to email Otterbox and give them some feedback on my experience. I wasn't necessarily after any financial or replacement results, I merely wanted to express my disappointment in their product.
    I was emailed within 12 hrs asking for photos and the product ID from the case. I replied
    I was emailed within 3hrs of those photos asking for my full residential address.
    I was then emailed within 12 hrs with an invoice showing a brand new shipped Otterbox defender replacing my unit.

Now I don't think I would buy another one of these cases for this phone. I honestly think it's a design flaw, and that the rubber is going to give way again sooner or later. However, I can't fault their customer service. There was never any issue with the warranty claim (which I never really submitted) and their correspondence has been fantastic

I will post again if they have made any improvements between the first one I got, and the replacement that is on the way
    Just thought I would let you know I heard a rumor about a new case that comes out in March called the "Shocksuit" by Body Glove Mobile... I have seen the produtypes a couple times and it looks sweet!

Definitely protective and super slim!

Wow only took you guys what 10 months after the release of the phone to get a prototype built. You have a partnership with AT&T's R&D department?
    I like the Seidio Active line, myself. I've used them on all of my Android phones and they offer great protection without adding much weight or bulk.
    I just got myself an Otterbox Commuter Case Blue/Black. It fits and looks great and really protects my HOX. And it's on sale for $19.87 on amazon right now. That's 60% off the original price

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-HTC4...7-19010+HTC+One+X+Commuter+Series+Case+-+Blue
    That's kind of unfortunate, I guess I'll have to see for myself how much that would bother me. How good/bad is the grip of the case though? And does it attract dust inside the case? I thought about getting the incipio sillicrylic but the lint attraction bothers me a lot

Well unlike some other cases it doesn't actually touch the camera ring, but kind of hovers about 2mm above it, which can attract some dust underneath it that you'll probably only see when you take off the case. Also I forgot to mention, the case encroaches pretty far onto the left and right side of the glass on the front, so you might have problems if your using a full sized wet application screen protector like I was.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app