Official desktop dock and car dock...are they rare?

Search This thread

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
I might be getting a HTC Amaze soon (and paying ~$150 on top of the hassle of selling it for a One S isn't worth it for me), and I'm considering getting the official desktop dock and car dock while they're still available...but is it worth it? Seems like getting them in-store is about the only place to get them (if the store has it period), as I only see like two eBay listings for just the car dock on the entire web. I get that they're not too extraordinary (desktop dock particularly), but I don't want to be with the Amaze a few months down the line and not being able to find either for a reasonable price.

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
I wonder if someone who has the car dock would be willing to measure the diameter of the suction cup on it? I have a dash friction mount that I would love to attach the arm of the official dock to, but I don't want to buy it if the suction cup is larger than the surface on the friction mount I have.

Reactions: hookedonnook
S

Sanadrate

Yes we have them in, I'm mad we don't get much amaze stuff but dock is cheap for 49.99

Sent from my HTC Amaze

sedrader

Apr 9, 2012
This is interesting. I had no clue there was a desktop dock for this phone. I've never seen it in store. I may have to pick it up and do a bit of modding to make a very useful car dock for GPS navigation as the one I have is a bit.....:rolleyes:

Sikety

Oct 31, 2010
Detroit, MI
I'm sitting on an extra OEM desktop dock that someone didn't end up paying for. Willing to sell for 30 including shipping to US or 40 to Canada. Send me a PM if interested.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but you can find official HTC Amaze OEM car docks on ebay. Just search for HTC Amaze car dock. They're around 20 bucks.

leaky0320

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Since I could never find the car dock, I went with a different solution. I already had the Trident Kraken AMS case so I was able to buy a part from Trident that uses the AMS feature to turn into a car dock. The part is only $15, so if you have a Trident Kraken case, pair it up with a car charger and you are ready to go!

Reactions: Kobraki17

sedrader

Apr 9, 2012
So I finally got the car dock, the official one. It is amazing.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles

Thanks. I probably won't get one of either, but I wanted people to see where to find them.

- for the car holder, I have not been able to find a charger that will keep up with the battery drain of the Amaze when using data, GPS, and keeping the screen on. I use Google Maps navigation by connecting the BT and turning off the screen. Otherwise this would be a great setup.

- for the desktop, I keep my Amaze in a TPU case. Still I might consider it for home use at night...

Ah, what the heck, I went ahead and bought the car model - what a deal!!

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Thanks. I probably won't get one of either, but I wanted people to see where to find them.

- for the car holder, I have not been able to find a charger that will keep up with the battery drain of the Amaze when using data, GPS, and keeping the screen on. I use Google Maps navigation by connecting the BT and turning off the screen. Otherwise this would be a great setup.

- for the desktop, I keep my Amaze in a TPU case. Still I might consider it for home use at night...

Ah, what the heck, I went ahead and bought the car model - what a deal!!

I have TPU cases for my Amaze as well but I bought it not only for the dock but for the "official" HTC charger. I can use it without the dock and it charges fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have both the car and desk dock personally. I have them in my store available for purchase, but i know not every T-Mobile store receives them
    I wonder if someone who has the car dock would be willing to measure the diameter of the suction cup on it? I have a dash friction mount that I would love to attach the arm of the official dock to, but I don't want to buy it if the suction cup is larger than the surface on the friction mount I have.
    Since I could never find the car dock, I went with a different solution. I already had the Trident Kraken AMS case so I was able to buy a part from Trident that uses the AMS feature to turn into a car dock. The part is only $15, so if you have a Trident Kraken case, pair it up with a car charger and you are ready to go!