Awesome BEATS for Rooted Galaxy S3 At&t Tutorial

Search This thread

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
This is My First Tutorial On how to get AwesomeBEATS installed on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. This will basically run under your sound preference. Natively with Google Music... at least with my Tutorial.

***Please note: If you decide to install this Zip and follow the instruction. Is at your own risk.***

1 Download the .Zip file included on the post.
2 Connect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 to your PC
3 Copy and Paste the .Zip file on your internal storage of your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. (Do not Extract.)
4 Disconnect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 from your PC.

Then on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 follow this steps: (Possibly there is a shorter way but this is how it worked for me)
1. Boot into Recovery
2. Make a Nandroid backup. Important before proceeding.
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Wipe cache partition
5. Wipe Dalvik Cache
6. Flash AwesomeBEATSv3. zip
7. DO NOT REBOOT – STAY IN RECOVERY
8. Select backup and restore
9. Select advanced restore
10. Select the Nandroid backup you made above
11. Select Restore data
12. Select Yes – Restore data
13. WAIT!
14. REBOOT
15. Close all open applications on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3.
16. Go to Setting, then Sound, then Music effects, Select Awesome BEATS. Enjoy.

To find the AwesomeBEATS Equalizer:
1 Go to Google Music, Select the song you want to hear. Then select Menu & Equalizer.

All the Thanks are for "Awesome" who created this port and to "PeterGuru" who Instructed me on how to properly make data restore without a sweat.

Hope This Makes Happy a Few People.

***Please note: If you decide to install this Zip and follow the instruction. Is at your own risk.***

Attachments

• AwesomeBEATSv3.zip
    442.8 KB · Views: 3,062
Last edited:

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
Screenshots

Screenshots:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7,459
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 7,131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 6,974
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7,213
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 7,177
Last edited:

amessina

Aug 4, 2012
Quick question. When you install a custom ROM on an s3, is all of the bloatware removed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
QUOTE amessina: Quick question. When you install a custom ROM on an s3, is all of the bloatware removed?

When you go an download a new custom ROM It should specify if the bloatware was removed or not. It depends on which ROM you picked.
Normally this is specified in the description of the actual ROM thread.

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
Surprisingly I haven't found a need to root my GS3 just yet...I'm still holding off but this just added another for me.

"Thanks" button hit

cwburns32

Jul 25, 2011
Chicago
Has anyone used this with the speaker booster app? I currently use that to increase my speaker volume but was thinking about flashing this. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

jerastan

Dec 13, 2010
Hmmm. I ran everything as directed and I have no "Music Effects" anywhere in my settings/sounds. Do I need to run though everything again?

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm. I ran everything as directed and I have no "Music Effects" anywhere in my settings/sounds. Do I need to run though everything again?

Are you on a Sammy Rom or aosp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Is there any way to incorporate this into the music player bundled with touch wiz?

jerastan

Dec 13, 2010
Are you on a Sammy Rom or aosp?

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Is there any way to incorporate this into the music player bundled with touch wiz?

I'm running the stock AT&T Rom - rooted, of course. No errors during installation and everything seemed to go as planned.

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
At the moment only only stock rooted. I haven't tried on AOKP. I'm sticking with stock rooted for the moment. If someone would like to try. Just make sure to make a nandroid backup.

jerastan: I would suggest to try and do a restore from your nandroid backup and to it all over again.

I tried a different rom today and it didn't requirer the data wipe to install the .zip on top.

Just clear cache and dalvik. Install .zip and reboot.

Last edited:

GbergNYC

Aug 5, 2012
Many thanks! Especially because this seems to be the only third party equalizer i can get to work with Google Play Music on-device songs on a stock rom.

Last edited:

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal

Same for me on Kyanrom based on Stock Rogers rom

Edit: I just installed this and I see the music effect. It sounds bad though as soon as i activate a preset i hear crackling noises

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is My First Tutorial On how to get AwesomeBEATS installed on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. This will basically run under your sound preference. Natively with Google Music... at least with my Tutorial.

1 Download the .Zip file included on the post.
    2 Connect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 to your PC
    3 Copy and Paste the .Zip file on your internal storage of your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. (Do not Extract.)
    4 Disconnect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 from your PC.

Then on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 follow this steps: (Possibly there is a shorter way but this is how it worked for me)
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Make a Nandroid backup. Important before proceeding.
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Wipe cache partition
    5. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Flash AwesomeBEATSv3. zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT – STAY IN RECOVERY
    8. Select backup and restore
    9. Select advanced restore
    10. Select the Nandroid backup you made above
    11. Select Restore data
    12. Select Yes – Restore data
    13. WAIT!
    14. REBOOT
    15. Close all open applications on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3.
    16. Go to Setting, then Sound, then Music effects, Select Awesome BEATS. Enjoy.

To find the AwesomeBEATS Equalizer:
    1 Go to Google Music, Select the song you want to hear. Then select Menu & Equalizer.

All the Thanks are for "Awesome" who created this port and to "PeterGuru" who Instructed me on how to properly make data restore without a sweat.

Hope This Makes Happy a Few People.

Screenshots

Screenshots:
    It works for pandora, MOG, and Google Music. Also music I downloaded from my computer. I also installed it a little different then suggested. Went into recovery, flashed, reboot. Then went into root explorer, system, apps, beats fix permission and works great.
    43a4e05a-2cc6-a12e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    great thanks for the info. I see you have wanamlite right?

Yes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Works fir me. Using ktoons 3.13.13 4.2.2

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2