FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th December 2010, 12:51 AM |#371  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking Beta tester
jHey! Im @bryanteixeira! Im formally asking to be a beta ta tester just like you told me to on twitter (@wondredroid)! I offer you a moto milestone running 2.1-2.2 im really looking forward to it!

7th December 2010, 03:06 AM |#372  
Flag Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilldoctor

I have a feeling that this is going to cost too much - please make it free

It won't be expensive but I don't expect other developers to work hard and get nothing in return and I gladly pay for an app if it's worth it so We'll focus on making a quality app first and foremost.
7th December 2010, 06:50 AM |#373  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The idea is to provide a blank canvas that the user can then choose the widget or other homescreen items that would fit in that space, except it would be brought to visual foreground in a kind of semi-transparant window.

A better example is the extended controls app's notification icon. Whatever control toggle layouts are loaded, they are brought up when the notification icon is tapped.

See attached screenshot. :) now imagine this ability for any of your widgets and bindable to the dock or a homescreen icon or what have you :)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
7th December 2010, 11:32 PM |#374  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
man 37 pages of everyone saying they want to be a beta tester I am sure they don't need all of you filling this forum up with garbage like that we all know you have android phones just be patient and it will be out god diggity damn 38 pages of BS
8th December 2010, 08:13 AM |#375  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by binglut9

man 37 pages of everyone saying they want to be a beta tester I am sure they don't need all of you filling this forum up with garbage like that we all know you have android phones just be patient and it will be out god diggity damn 38 pages of BS

Well they do keep the thread alive.
8th December 2010, 08:16 AM |#376  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caemgen

Well they do keep the thread alive.

Will the sick ui have landscape support for desire z users?

Sent from my HTC DesireZed
9th December 2010, 04:22 PM |#377  

More
Quote:

Need more screens?
Note the enhanced and redesigned app-drawer:

Thoughts?

One thought about the visual of the slick wheel.. Just a suggestion up the flag pole... If you visualize the front side of a pie that's cut for serving, maybe make the wheel look like that.. It's just really in changing angles of the lines dividing the wheel sections I guess. Would make it more 3D-ish or realistic looking maybe, with the icon sitting on the section maybe much like sitting on-top of the "pie slice".

Reason I suggest is the current one here is like an attempt at a wheel but is more like a rounded over bar that scrolls.. The angles are off I guess. I like the space saving idea of it though.

OR.. Here's another idea. If the wheel has to leave the upper middle of the home page due to space, how about making it an event pop-up rather than stay-resident on the screen.. So you tap something to pull up the wheel, scroll to show it's "widget" then it fades away. Kind of like the stock screen selector-slider on the droid X in concept.

Both ideas may be useless but thought I'd throw it in. Looks great so far though.
9th December 2010, 04:27 PM |#378  

More
And someone mentioned keeping it free.. Honestly if there's enough serious value in it, I'm never opposed to spending a few bucks on a seriously useful app that's solid.. So if it turns out that good, blowing away the ADW's and LauncherPro's, I can see a reasonable return on such efforts and skills.

And yeah I still wanna be a beta-guinnea. Droid X
9th December 2010, 06:16 PM |#379  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Quote:

Need more screens?
Note the enhanced and redesigned app-drawer:

Thoughts?

Yummy. When can I download it?
11th December 2010, 01:57 PM |#380  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
So any Word on the progress of this? I would really love to try it out.
11th December 2010, 04:45 PM |#381  
Flag California, Venice
Thanks Meter: 40

More
looks awesome i hope i could be a beta tester

-Lg Ally
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui
Previous Thread Next Thread